PlanetSide WAR! Escapist...FALL IN!

Locker420

Jan 18, 2009
Just a note on some of the game play comments but Planetside really shines when you are working as a part of a well oiled platoon with a solid mission. I've only been on since Friday but so far there have been, at most, about 6 folks on and we aren't really using voice chat yet.

Jumping back in a platoon with some of my old Shadow Assassins buddies and joining their vent channel really makes a difference as it goes from what seems like a pointless solo activity to feeling like you are an important part of the mission. We haven't even done any fun stuff yet like dropping onto a base behind enemy lines, breaking everything there and draining it out to go neutral then stealing it. So many fun tricks to play and things to do once you get the unit into good shape.

I would highly encourage anyone playing to always jump into The Escapist outfit squad as soon as you log on. If you aren't sure how just holler on the /outfit channel and we will assist you. Also, if you are running The Escapist squad it should be your priority, as squad leader to get us into a platoon and to invite anyone you see with a [Looking for Squad] tag over their heads. It will get us all more BEP and get you much more CEP on captures if you have a full squad.

Additionally we should try to get voice chat going whenever we are playing as that really adds to the experience. Having a great time being back and I'm almost to BR 9. Can't wait to see you all back in game.

Peace,

Locker (Tokester)

P.S. The following is a slash command guide courtesy of XFlyinHawaiianX over at Shadow Assassins:

Slash Command Guide
/l or /local text - Local chat
/b or /broadcast text - Broadcast chat - in friendly SOI only
/s or /squad text - Squad chat
/o or /outfit text - Outfit chat
/a or /alliance text - Alliance chat
/c or /command text - Command chat - Must be CR2 or higher
/g or /global text - Global chat - Must be CR5
/t or /tell player text - Private message to player
/macro macro_name* text/command - Creats a Macro button for a command that you can put in the quickbar.
/r or /reply text - Reply to a tell
*Macro names are 3 characters max

/stats player - Shows Player Stats
/ignore - add playername
/invite player - Invites player to join squad
/kick player - Kicks player from squad
/promote player - Promotes player to Squad Leader
/report- report user abuse (t/king,hacking)
/leave - Leaves a squad
/disband - Disbands entire squad - you must be the leader
/yes or /accept - Accept an invite to a squad or outfit
/no or /decline - Decline an invitation to a squad or outfit
/who - See how many people are online
/who player - See if a specific player is online
/who teams - See how many players on on each empire(TR,NC,VS)
/loc - Shows you the coordinates of where you are
/loc player - Shows you the coordinates of another player
/filter - Turns profanity filter off and on
/recall - Recall back to your Sanctuary
/quit - Quits the game
/time - Shows local (your time zone) and Auraxis time
/alarm - Allows you to set timed reminders
/outfitinvite - Invite a player into your outfit. Must have a high enough outfit rank.

/report text - Sends text to commanders that are 1 CR above you. (Must be CR1)
/comam text - Sends text to all friendlies on Amerish. (Must be CR5 or above)
/comcy text - Sends text to all friendlies on Cyssor. (Must be CR5 or above)
/comce text - Sends text to all friendlies on Ceryshen. (Must be CR5 or above)
/comes text - Sends text to all friendlies on Esamir. (Must be CR5 or above)
/comfo text - Sends text to all friendlies on Forseral. (Must be CR5 or above)
/comho text - Sends text to all friendlies on Hossin. (Must be CR5 or above)
/comis text - Sends text to all friendlies on Ishundar. (Must be CR5 or above)
/comos text - Sends text to all friendlies on Oshur. (Must be CR5 or above)
/comse text - Sends text to all friendlies on Searhus. (Must be CR5 or above)
/comso text - Sends text to all friendlies on Solsar. (Must be CR5 or above)
/comsan text - Sends text to all friendlies on your Sanctuary. (Must be CR5)
/comall text - Global Chat. This text will be sent to every friendly player on the server. (Must be CR5)

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
paulgruberman said:
I believe it was Slycne that passed this along regarding sniping:
Since it takes a minimum of 2 shots to kill someone, and they run and hide while you're waiting for the bolt to cycle on your gun (or whatever the delay is for) - carry two. Obviously will need the Reinforced Exosuit, and your backup weapon will be a pistol of some sort if anyone closes with you, unless you want to carry around yet another rifle-sized weapon in your backpack.

Also, I recommend turning off auto-reload while doing so, just so you don't fire your last bullet in one gun and spend forever reloading before you can switch off.
Thanks, I might have to try that, might up my kill count, though I still have to wait for my computer first. -_-

carnage3rd

Mar 21, 2008
i have been playing a while and i find that if you are any where but hiding. you die realy quick.

so i have taken to just running around behind enermy lines capping the small outposts. the chaingun realy shines in the small steps in those places to.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
If you get to a point on a base or tower attack/defense where you're in close quarters (like those stairs), consider using the Sweeper Shotgun, if you aren't already. Against non-MAX units, a short-range blast with it is amazingly damaging. Against MAX units, even with AP ammo, it's hilariously ineffective, so you'll want something else to deal with those. I plugged a MAX in the back with it at point-blank range, saw the merest sliver of armor disappear, and ran away - I believe they just ignored me and didn't bother turning around to see what it was since it was so miniscule. Anything else with a higher rate of fire with AP rounds (even a pistol) will likely yield better results. Not that I recommend making a habit of dueling at 20 paces with a MAX unit while armed with a pistol.

Grae

Sep 25, 2008
I dunno if I agree with you there, Paul. I had a load out (for base defense) that had my Cycler and a Sweeper, and I gotta say...I absolutely LOATHE the Sweeper Shotgun. I think it's a terrible, terrible, useless weapon. I'll stick with my Cycler/Striker, and Pounder MAX load outs, tyvm.

I wouldn't recommend the Sweeper, needless to say.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
By close range I'm talking coming around the corner, or up the stairs, practically into the face of someone else, or opening a door with hostiles potentially standing on the other side. If you're doing room defense in a decent sized base room, like the vehicle bay, or main console rooms in some bases, the Cycler's a better bet.

I've had better survivability on the stairs (i.e. killed someone first) verses those damned Lashers than with a Cycler in the same instances - it just takes too long to get enough Cycler shots on target, where a couple shotgun blasts usually does the trick. I've done it in one - though I can't say for sure what armor that guy was wearing aside from not MAX and not Infiltrator, or what his health was at prior... I literally came around the corner into his face and pow, he's on the floor. It's all in the reflexes, Wang.

I agree it's very situational, but one of those situations is charging stairs into masses of enemies, and I seem to run into that pretty often.

Locker420

Jan 18, 2009
The sweeper shotgun is superior to the cycler at close range. At long range/outdoor the cycler is superior. Basically if I also have AV I'll use a Striker and Cycler as my Outdoor AV and a Sweeper Shotgun with a Decimator as my Indoor Assault.

I can tell you right now I'd take on any one in a tower stairway with my sweeper vs their cycler any day of the week but more than 20 yards away and you might as well throw pebbles at em.

Peace,

L

Brikhous

Jan 15, 2009
paulgruberman said:
though I can't say for sure what armor that guy was wearing aside from not MAX and not Infiltrator, or what his health was at prior...
At BR6, 12, and 18 you get your first, second and third implants. These can be changed out for free at a bio lab or in the sanc. Enhanced Targeting isn't necessarily the first implant you should get, but it is very educational, allowing you to see the enemy's health and armor levels. For a beginner, this lets you get a better idea of how your attacks are effecting your opponent. It also lets you pick out people who are weakened :) ET is one of the faster implants to fire up after you spawn, so you get value from it faster than something like Surge. As a newbie who dies alot, ET would be a better value than Surge.

ET is a must for snipers. A target with under 75 health is a 1 shot kill. ET is also great for veh drivers and gunners. It is also helpful for spotting enemies outside, since their nametag and health stats will often show up above obstacles when just their name alone would not.

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
Locker420 said:
No badge? Sounds like you know what you talking about... get in the game Brik!
Don't worry, Brik has been in the game helping us off and on for a while now.

Locker420

Jan 18, 2009
Hehe all good just didn't see the badge on his profile and we need all the vets we can get!

Brikhous

Jan 15, 2009
carnage3rd said:
i have been playing a while and i find that if you are any where but hiding. you die realy quick.
so i have taken to just running around behind enermy lines capping the small outposts. the chaingun realy shines in the small steps in those places to.
You are learning one of the fundamentals of Planetside. The game is very much rock-paper-scissors. Your HA weapon is great for stairs and interiors. Outside, you are easy to spot and your HA won't help you. As a new player, there are many more threats outdoors that you don't have the experience to anticipate and avoid. And often there is no avoiding it anyway. If you are running alone outside and a mossie whore like Singing Gremlin flies up, death is 95% likely. Don't feel bad about it. Scissors ALWAYS cuts the paper! That is one of the great things about PS; no death penalty. A little 30 second timeout and you're back to work.

I tried EVE-Online recently. Hours spent ratting, buying, selling, fitting, fidgeting, traveling. Then you get blown up and all that time is pissed away. BLEH!

Brikhous

Jan 15, 2009
Vanguard1219 said:
Locker420 said:
No badge? Sounds like you know what you talking about... get in the game Brik!
Don't worry, Brik has been in the game helping us off and on for a while now.
I'm in the outfit, but not in the WAR. I haven't been able to help that much though. I usually get on later in the evening when most of the Escapists have drifted off to bed. I recently picked up the Prowler, so if someone does see me, get me to pull the armor so they can get some kills :) Truth be told though, I'm not that great a tank driver. I'm more of a sneaky inf AMS jacker. Sucks on the K/D ratio, but nothing gets the blood pumping like sneaking to the top of an enemy air tower and jacking a fully loaded Gal Gunship!

carnage3rd

Mar 21, 2008
does any one know why i can only access the charicter i made for the VS and cant get on the TR team. is it to stop team hopping?

also. i played eve to. its mega easy.....
just get about 5-10 people.
sit on a gate
kill stuff
profit

Locker420

Jan 18, 2009
I don't remember how the team hopping restriction works but I remember it being something like you could switch teams but then couldn't switch back for X amount of hours. Hopefully another vet will remember better than me.

OneHP

Optimist Laureate
Jan 31, 2008
Locker420 said:
The sweeper shotgun is superior to the cycler at close range. At long range/outdoor the cycler is superior.
I'd say that the cycler is superior at medium range yeah, but for long range you want the suppressor. It's much more accurate and I think it goes slightly further.

Brikhous said:
If you are running alone outside and a mossie whore like Singing Gremlin flies up, death is 95% likely.
The remaining 5% when you're carrying a frag loaded rocklet rifle? :p