PlanetSide WAR! Escapist...FALL IN!

Liverandbacon

Nov 27, 2008
I'm wondering, since we have these nice 90 day accounts, is anyone going to continue playing until the account is spent, even after the war is over for us. I, for one, will continue for at least a few more days, as I've been finding the game quite fun.

Locker420

Jan 18, 2009
I will probably keep playing but I'll switch back to my other station account as I have my old primary, Beanbag, who is at least CR 2 and probably BR 17. We'll see but regardless, it's been good playing with you Liver and all the other folks in The Escapist crew. Last night's event was fun and crazy even though they ran right over us

Peace man. -Locker (Tokester)

Grae

Sep 25, 2008
Locker420 said:
Last night's event was fun and crazy even though they ran right over us
Event...? THE literal ONE DAY I'm not on in almost 3 weeks (BECAUSE OF A DEBILITATING SICKNESS, NO LESS; I got bronchitis), apparently there's a big event? What happened?

da0n

Jan 16, 2009
Hiiiii, I haven't said anything here for a while. Here's my input, regarding weapons:

Heavy assault (jackhammer, mini chaingun, lasher) is designed for up close combat, which basically means indoors. However, these days you could use the lasher pretty much anywhere because it's now so overpowered that every time a VS pulls the trigger, God kills a baby. True story. Anyway, HA wins indoors, so don't expect to beat it with your medium assault unless...

...you have a sweeper shotgun. It is possible (not easy, but possible) to beat HA one-on-one with a sweeper in close quarters. The trick is to change the way you fight depending on who you're up against. If you're fighting NC with a jackhammer, back away as you fight - the sweeper has a tighter spread than the jackhammer, and so is more effective at range. To beat a lasher, you need to do the opposite and get as close as possible. If the lasher user misses a shot, it goes straight past you doing little to no damage if you're close. In both situations, you need to make sure that you're constantly dodging from left to right.

Medium assault rifles, on the other hand, basically stand no chance whatsoever up close against HA. If you're holding your cute little cycler and an NC rushes you in a staircase with his jackhammer, just leave. Now. On the other hand, if you're outdoors and he's a bit of a distance away, you have the advantage. Crouch, aim, and fire in little bursts. He will head towards you to try to make his weapon more effective, but by the time he gets there you've already perforated most of the important organs and so you win.

When it comes to Medium assault vs Medium assault, it is again a case of rock/paper/scissors. If you're up close, due to it's faster rate of fire, your cycler will beat the NC and VS assault rifles. At range it's a different story - the VS pulsar has little crosshair bloom, and so can just keep hitting you, and the NC gauss cannon does silly amounts of damage per shot. Your best bet in these situations is to return fire but keep trying to move towards them. The closer you are, the better your chances...

When it comes to armour-piercing rounds, basically, forget it. Unless you're using heavy assault, you have more chance of giving the enemy MAX unit syphilis with your little yellow bullets than making them dead. Once you reach a reasonable battle rank, I heavily recommend getting anti-vehicle weapons to carry (generally striker outdoors, decimator indoors). These things are MADE to kill MAX units, and are rather good at it. Strikers take down mosquitoes quite comfortably too.

My opinion on implants:

Get. Enhanced. Targeting.

EDIT: Suppressor is for girls! Just don't go there. In my opinion that is - I know OneHP disagrees.

-
Daon

Locker420

Jan 18, 2009
The event was not only an event so let me give some background for fun. Last night we had quite a few (like over 6) Escapists on and we were platooned up with some Shadow Assassins friends of mine and some Dark Skies friends of theirs.

We were in two Galaxy Gunships just pounding the living shit out of the NC and the devs got pissed I think. They sent a giant meteor storm after our Gunships. The first one got blown out of the air but my buddy Lazer1982 was flying the other and it got nailed down to a sliver of green but he took off and tried to get away.

For two minutes he bobs, weaves and turns and I'm in one of the gunners seats. I'm watching for two minutes as a steady stream of meteors chases the gal RIGHT on our ass. The devs were determined to kill the gal and they couldn't catch him for two whole minutes. It was hilarious.

Ok so once we were dead the devs announced the event. We, the TR, had to defend two bases vs BOTH the NC and the VS for three hours. If we held the bases we would get all of the vehicles for the other two empires. If they took the bases then they got ours.

Basically we got steamrolled but it was a blast and totally crazy. Reminded me of how much I missed planetside. Get back in soon man.

Peace,

Locker (Tokester)

OneHP

Optimist Laureate
Jan 31, 2008
Daon said:
Suppressor is for girls! Just don't go there. In my opinion that is - I know OneHP disagrees.
Daon
I kept mine loaded with AP bullets, and yesterday got 3 kills in one burst by finishing a harasser :p. I have about 55 kills with mine, recently switched it out for a sniper rifle though.

Liverandbacon

Nov 27, 2008
Locker420 said:
The event was not only an event so let me give some background for fun. Last night we had quite a few (like over 6) Escapists on and we were platooned up with some Shadow Assassins friends of mine and some Dark Skies friends of theirs.

We were in two Galaxy Gunships just pounding the living shit out of the NC and the devs got pissed I think. They sent a giant meteor storm after our Gunships. The first one got blown out of the air but my buddy Lazer1982 was flying the other and it got nailed down to a sliver of green but he took off and tried to get away.

For two minutes he bobs, weaves and turns and I'm in one of the gunners seats. I'm watching for two minutes as a steady stream of meteors chases the gal RIGHT on our ass. The devs were determined to kill the gal and they couldn't catch him for two whole minutes. It was hilarious.

Ok so once we were dead the devs announced the event. We, the TR, had to defend two bases vs BOTH the NC and the VS for three hours. If we held the bases we would get all of the vehicles for the other two empires. If they took the bases then they got ours.

Basically we got steamrolled but it was a blast and totally crazy. Reminded me of how much I missed planetside. Get back in soon man.

Peace,

Locker (Tokester)
That is epic. I'm upset that I missed it, when I came on at ~8:30 US EST yestereay, there were no other escapists online. However, I was able to have some fun working with SA, they're a nice group.

Ctrl-Alt-Elite

Jan 22, 2009
omg this game = ./flashbacks... my cousin used to play it when i was too young to understand the meaning of games more advance than "go here shoot this guy and return"... DLing now!

Locker420

Jan 18, 2009
New blood! Outstanding guys can't wait to see you in there. Just as a reminder for new players, if you do the training and also pick up every weapon and drive every vehicle (including gunner spots) in the simulator you can get to Battle Rank 5 without even entering real combat.

Those extra cert points really help. See you in game tonight and for my upcoming five day weekend. Woop!

- Locker (Tokester)

Liverandbacon

Nov 27, 2008
WhatHityou said:
My VISTA BEAST crashes the game after loading the tr sancuary

anyone got a fix???
I got that too. What you need to do is go into the actual planetside directory on your hard drive (not the shortcut), find "planetside.exe" and put it in compatability mode for XP SP2. Then you can use the station launcher normally. If that doesn't work, change the compatability mode to Windows 98/ME.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Ok Escapist warriors, now is the time on Sprockets where we dance!

Spinwhiz'll be posting the secret moon base and start planning. If you haven't joined the Outfit yet, now would be a good time to do so. Spin and I will try to be on as much as possible today so that those of you who need to be invited in can send us a /tell in-game.

If you've got your key, but I forgot your badge, PM me so I can fix that.

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
This Friday? I might not be here if my computer isn't fixed, and at this rate it looks likely it won't be ready by then, so don't be surprised if I'm not there, though the timing might prevent me from being there anyway, (at least for a while).
Fingers crossed.

capgun2713

Jan 15, 2009
Well holy crap. Good thing I decided to check this thread today. I got the day off tomorrow, so I'll be there.

Liverandbacon

Nov 27, 2008
Well, thanks to everyone else who participated, I had a great time. Planetside is one of those games which is only fun if you're playing with fun people, and you all qualify.

Too bad our enemies were so afraid of us that they fled from our advance in our final battle.