Plant, Hoe and Grow in State of Decay

Major_Tom

Anticitizen
Jun 29, 2008
jonjst said:
Major_Tom said:
Finally, zombie games are getting to the survival and rebuilt society parts, we have enough "here's a million of zombies, shoot them" games. This isn't an MMO, right? I hate when a good idea gets wasted on an MMO.
The next game has plans to be a MMO but this is just a normal single-player game.
Great, then everybody's happy.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
jonjst said:
Bindal said:
Yeah, and with that... the game lost my interest. In a zombie game, I want to go around kill tons of zombies. Nothing less, nothing more.
Of course, there should be SOME sort of challenge (hence I never liked L4D2 but love L4D1), but still, I want to kills lots and lots of the undead/infected. I don't want to play Harvest Moon in a zombie game. If I want to play Harvest Moon, I dig out my old PS1 Disc of it and play Harvest Moon.
Except that they said from day one that the game isn't just going to be a straight shooter and will have many other survival elements besides this one. Plenty of people like me are sick of all the shooters and want something different from just killing zombies. I don't want to sound like I am having I go at you but still if you knew anything about this game you would know it wasn't for you. Again, I don't mean to insult you.

ALso be sure to check out the official website if anyone wants to know more about the game.
Yeah, but it seems that in this case that zombies play so much of a side-role, they might as well not be there and could be replaced with anything else.
When I buy a game, that advertises zombies as big part, then I want to go around killing them. Otherwise, I play a game like Harvest Moon, Sims or the like, which actually focuses on the other stuff directly.
I wouldn't have minded if it would be an open-world-game with zombies, where I would have to look for supplies to keep myself armed and eat at times (similar to STALKER). That would've been interesting, no doubt.
But here, it seems that for a zombie-game, they kind of lost the focus of the former half - freaking zombies.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
That looked awfully non interactive and boring, I hope that means there are plenty of other things to do meanwhile.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
The more I read about this game, the more excited I become. This sounds exactly like everything I've ever wanted out of a Survival-Horror game! Let's hope it lives up to my expectations.

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
FelixG said:
Bindal said:
ScruffyMcBalls said:
Well holy crap, people are actually starting to realise that Zombie Survival as a genre actually has two words in the title. I'll be...
Except there were no games yet, which advertised themselves as "zombie survival" genre. Just "Zombie game", "Zombie shooter" or " with zombies".
Resident Evil?

Yeah, supposedly a survival game.
Dude, Resident Evil is actually one zombie game which does earn it's "survival" credentials, at least in my eyes. The scarcity of ammunition in that game made for a wealth of tactical decisions that needed to be made, especially when playing as Jill on the hardest difficulties. Now, there was no considering long-term aspects such as food/water and sleep, but the game was a linear story set over one day, not the (theoretically) in-game years it could take to complete other survival games, so I can let it off there.

Silver Patriot

Aug 9, 2008
Accountfailed said:
Karloff said:
State of Decay still hasn't got a release date, but when it hits it will be on Xbox 360, XBLA and PC.
Xbox 360 AND the XBLA? Same thing, no?
Not quite. Xbox 360 usually means a disk release and XBLA is for downloadable games. More of a technicality if anything but that is probably what they meant.