Plants vs. Zombies 2 Invading Lawns This Summer

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Plants vs. Zombies 2 Invading Lawns This Summer

The agonizing wait for a Plants vs. Zombies follow-up is almost over.

It's been four years since Plants vs. Zombies was originally released for the PC. Since then, the charming tower defense game has made its way to smartphones, DS, XBLA, PSN, and Vita, and fans have been waiting impatiently for a sequel. Very impatiently, as this video shows. After years of questions about a PvZ sequel, developer PopCap made it official today: Plants vs. Zombies 2 is coming this summer.

Appropriately titled Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time, the sequel will be released in July 2013 for an indeterminate number of platforms. The teaser trailer has no details other than a release window, but it's a pretty humorous way to announce a game.

PopCap originally revealed that a sequel to its 2009 hit was in development 2012 layoffs [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119168-PopCap-Confirms-Plants-vs-Zombies-Sequel], won't negatively affect this long-awaited sequel.

The

Jan 24, 2012
It's About Time... Time... Time travel mechanics! Of course!

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
Okay, I get what Teaser Trailers are there for. But cmon...

Building hype over a title shot and a few YouTube memes is useless. It'd be interesting if they showed some gameplay, or something from the game.

Without that though, ugh. Teaser trailers are useless.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
WHAT TIME IS IT!?

Time for you to pre-order our game, gamers!

Ok, not the greatest ad but at least its existence is known

Which reminds me, I should at least attempt Plants vs Zombies at least once...

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Well this is pretty awesome news. Thanks a lot PopCap, now I'm going to be stuck on the john for longs periods of time.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Why does that first guy appear on the ad sound like the nerd guy from Robot Chicken?
Also the ad is pretty funny.

Namechangeday

Aug 13, 2012
Why don't they give us a real trailer, eh? All I see are some scripted people who think throwing a tantrum will give them what they want. I don't feel any hype over a game that is a sequel to a game I enjoyed and I think it's cause I didn't enjoy this teaser.

Anyways, I'm going to watch some teasers to fully understand what is right or wrong about this trailer.

Captcha is telling me good as gold but I don't know what it's talking about

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I've been waiting so long for this. THANK YOU POPCAP!

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Somehow I can't help but imagine Valve making this kinda trailer for when HL3 is finally announced.

Anywho, I look forward to this game. The first one was quite fun.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Good to hear this is actually happening. However, the cynic in me predicts many in app purchases and doubtlessly more of that lame disco zombie they seem to love so much now. Yeh, we get it, you had to replace Thriller Zombie with something else, do you need to keep reminding us?

But seriously though, Plants vs. Zombies 2. Hurray!

But if I see the full game for free on the App store, I'll be suspicious, as that only ever means one thing really...

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
OH F- no one tell my mother. I swear to God if any of you find and tell her about this I will bury you alive.

So many days of her hunched over the computer, the constant wails and groans of dying zombies... the horror.

Link Kadeshi

Oct 17, 2008
Would have been more humorous if Gaben (Gabe Newell) was complaining about the length of time between. Maybe right after Major Nelson's show.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Ugh...I just want to harpoon the first guy in that video. Dunno why.
At first I was like "Huh, PvZ1 was pretty fun, and pretty complete. Maybe the sequel will be good."
And then..."Oh right, EA bought out Popcap since then. Never mind."

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I just don't get it... a lot of people are already worried about the quality of the game thanks to EA purchasing Popcap and George Fan departing, and yet two months before the game is supposed to be released and they don't want to show anything about the actual game? Not like that will come across as incredibly suspicious to the cynics or anything >_>

Cloake

Sep 26, 2007
They fired the guy who made one of their most popular games? Talk about gratitude.

DarthSka

Mar 28, 2011
Well, I never realized that the demand for a sequel was so intense. Maybe I'll check this one out.

DVS BSTrD said:
Scarim Coral said:
Why does that first guy appear on the ad sound like the nerd guy from Robot Chicken?
Also the ad is pretty funny.
Because he's an actual nerd, he even made a rage video over not being able to access Diablo 3 on opening day
Actually, that's just a character (Francis) that the owner of the channel Boogie2988 does.