Plants Vs Zombies Adventures Launches, Ruins Productivity

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Plants Vs Zombies Adventures Launches, Ruins Productivity

PopCap Games, creators of such massively popular games as Peggle and Bejeweled, have just launched Plants vs Zombies Adventures, a free Facebook title that will ruin your workday.

When PopCap released the original Plants vs Zombies in 2009, the game was an immediate smash hit. Its combination of an exceedingly simple learning curve and wildly addictive gameplay (plus its eventual availability on nearly every platform in existence) ensured its success, and in an effort to build upon that PopCap has just launched a game that only makes the formula more addictive.

Here's the basic idea: You take the core gameplay of Plants vs Zombies (that is, pitting weaponized plants against hordes of encroaching undead), then add relatively simple world building aspects. This being a free-to-play Facebook game, none of this can be all too complicated, but that actually aids the success of Plants vs Zombies Adventures as one could describe it as a cross between Plants vs Zombies and Farmville.

As you'd expect, the combination of these disparate play styles is wildly addictive, particularly for those of you stuck in mindless, soul-crushing offices all day with nothing to keep you entertained save the internet.

"But I already knew about this game!" some of you may now be shouting. Granted, Plants vs Zombies Adventures hasn't been a guarded secret, but today marks the first day of its availability to the public. Simply visit the game's Facebook page, hit the "play" button, and you've got a new digital vice. Keep in mind that the game is currently in beta, so it should be expected that the title will change over time, but other than that, there's no caveats. Plants vs Zombies Adventures operates on a relatively standard free-to-play business model, so if you're itching to play the thing, you can get to that right this very moment.

Just don't tell Human Resources.

Source: Facebook [https://apps.facebook.com/pvzadventures/?fb_source=timeline&state=aa6d7f4ee3c759bf419aefcaa1845518&code=AQBF9q2Ucxcsl_eG3d8Z-PzwTml_5iQCC6i8hRTzN_J_ke5EUU9sufXpaKrahffSBlQOr1R3CFQ89OMrSNma5Nr1XoQuulAeqGslDcDTqswy5s_uIygh4B7aZ-Q-LLibgKGGz4_eAY1uysSWfkZQP_W8EjTnEueBBQK-fqMQTuRBT72xfDY5qR4LxI85urO_EtdeEIVcwFvMjsChyt_Vfi1YJdOf9xegaGl26i9jMdOU-9B2uzFRiphNDlMODd47IyNZMRjbvDTp6x3YQ7qiMvZyarU5sfTk3IKSDBJ-YNRweVFOtANdhT6AHGbEDnGKEZw#_=_]

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I am not sure if I like this or not. I love Plants vs. Zombies, but add flash to anything and I have some serious problems trying not to dislike it. I really wish EA hadn't bought PopCap...

Big_Boss_Mantis

May 28, 2012
Earnest Cavalli said:
those of you stuck in mindless, soul-crushing offices all day with nothing to keep you entertained save the internet.
Yeah, that would be me!
But Facebook is blocked around here (not that I have an account anyway)...

I think I'll stick with my two prefered activities.
Posting on the escapist and trying to charm female interns. Thank you!

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
Is this the rumored plants vs zombies 2 that was talked about a while back? If so, I want my anticipation back. I'm not touching anything that has facebook as a requirement.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
lancar said:
Is this the rumored plants vs zombies 2 that was talked about a while back? If so, I want my anticipation back. I'm not touching anything that has facebook as a requirement.
I don't think it is, the last I heard Plants vs Zombies 2 was coming out in July. Plants vs Zombies 2 also seems to be coming out on multiple platforms so I think this is just EA doing something sensible for once. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123784-Plants-vs-Zombies-2-Invading-Lawns-This-Summer

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
kailus13 said:
lancar said:
I don't think it is, the last I heard Plants vs Zombies 2 was coming out in July. Plants vs Zombies 2 also seems to be coming out on multiple platforms so I think this is just EA doing something sensible for once. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123784-Plants-vs-Zombies-2-Invading-Lawns-This-Summer
Oh, thank goodness. I was getting really worried there for a while.