Platinum Urges Fans to Bug Nintendo About Bayonetta 2 Port

Vivid Kazumi

Jan 7, 2012
1.N does not hold the rights to bayonetta to best of my knowledge
2.games that have been fully funded by nintendo have gone multiplatofrm(goldeneye reloaded comes to mind.since activision still held the rights).

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Vivid Kazumi said:
1.N does not hold the rights to bayonetta to best of my knowledge
They may not own the IP, but I have little doubt that if they're paying for development then they own the exclusive publishing rights for Bayonetta 2.

As for the folks wondering if they would publish it on other platforms, my guess would be no. If it did see a multiplatform release, my bet would be they'd cut a deal with another publisher to sell them the rights to publish the game on other platforms for a set royalty per sale, rather than do it themselves since Nintendo probably doesn't want their logo popping up in games on other consoles.

Either way, I don't see it as likely. I'd say the best chance it has of happening is if the game is not a financial success (which I honestly think it won't be on that console) and Nintendo wants to get as much money back from it as they can. But Nintendo are generally not hurting for cash so they could afford to say screw it to the whole idea and eat the loss instead just to make sure they keep an exclusive.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
Mhee, I'll do the same that I did for dark souls, sing the petition for a PC port and buy it as promised when it's released.

Would like to play bayonetta 2 on my PC and to give the devs some money, but won't lose sleep over this.

IronMit

Jul 24, 2012
Nintendo should be like...ps3 and 360 can have Bayonetta if PS3/360 give them one of their exclusives.

Then the fan boys can go bother them instead. Hmmm let's see....uncharted and Halo?

A petition to Nintendo seems really silly.
'please port bayonetta because it's the one reason we were considering buying your console and then we won't have to'

Negatempest

May 10, 2008
The escapist news seems to be out of context.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/08/bayonetta-2-wonderful-101-on-other-platforms-is-up-to-nintendo/

"If" I read this original article correctly. All platinum games is saying is that nothing can be done about Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101 on other consoles unless Nintendo says otherwise.

Kind of the complete opposite of the Escapist article saying that platinum games wants the games to go multiplatform.

Cry Wolf

Oct 13, 2010

People are still complaining about this? I figured this was last years news. Oh well.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
To be honest, Bayo 2 is the only reason I would ever consider getting a Wii U.

That being said, I really hope that Ninty do the unthinkable and port it to the 360 at least... I need to have this game.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
By the time Bayonetta 2 is out (probably not before Q4 this year, if this year at all) there'll probably be enough decent exclusives out to justify a Wii U anyway.

If you're so dead set against buying a Wii U that you'll forego the sequel to the best spectacle fighter there's ever been, you can at least get Metal Gear Rising.