Play in the Elder Scrolls Online Beta This Weekend

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
Play in the Elder Scrolls Online Beta This Weekend

[http://lockerdome.com/theescapist/6170038851878465/6387961700827162#]

The latest beta weekend for The Elder Scrolls Online is coming up and we want you to be a part of it!

Update: Some people are having issues with redeeming the codes. Here are some of the two most frequent reasons that the codes may not work when trying to turn them in for the weekend.

The number one culprit for this issue has been copying and pasting the code. Sometimes when doing this an extra space is left in either before or after the code, which can make the code non-redeemable.

The other issue that people have been encountering is the fact that they already have an active beta account. You can check if you have an active beta account by going here [https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/login]. Under "My Purchased Games" they will see "Beta Access" and you should already have access to this weekend's beta weekend.

Original Story: We don't like to make broad generalized statements, but I think that we can all agree that everyone wants to be playing The Elder Scrolls Online. We, and the good people at Zenimax Online Studios, are giving you that opportunity. We have a veritable crapton of codes which will let you play ESO in the upcoming Beta Weekend [http://lockerdome.com/theescapist/6170038851878465/6387961700827162#]. You'll be able to help test out the upcoming MMO that takes everything you love about The Elder Scrolls series and mashes it together into a massively multiplayer experience. We don't know if it's going to be a great game, but it will likely keep you at your PC and away from friends and family for at least 48 hours.

You have until Sunday, March 2nd to get your beta code, but most of you will probably be playing by then. It makes sense to get in now and start downloading the client so you can start playing as soon as the servers turn on. This beta event only runs from from Friday, February 28th, 12:00pm ET to Sunday, March 2nd, 11:59pm ET, and given the large number of keys being given away, it's probably designed to stress test the servers before the April 11th launch.

Still, you don't want to miss this opportunity to play one of the biggest MMOs coming out this year. PVP live up to its billing as a viable endgame [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/10975-3-Things-Skyrim-Players-Need-to-Know-About-ESO]? There's only one way to find out.

We want as many Escapists in there as possible and the only way for that to happen is if everyone clicks here to get a beta code [http://lockerdome.com/theescapist/6170038851878465/6387961700827162#]. You can retweet the giveaway, or follow us on Twitter, or "like" us on the Facebooks, and your unique beta code to be emailed to you.

[lockerdome=6387961700827162]

Click here to head over to our partners at Lockerdome to get a beta code for The Elder Scrolls Online [http://lockerdome.com/theescapist/6170038851878465/6387961700827162#]. See you in Tamriel this weekend!

Valok

Nov 17, 2010
I was already invited to a few other Betas however the info I got was that that doesn't mean I'll be invited to the next ones.

So I got 1 code and decided to apply to my account, it said Invalid Code. Is the code trully incorrect or those codes are only meant to be used on new accounts?

Looking foward for that Beta nonetheless!

EDIT: NVM got it working.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
I've been in 3 betas so far. I think if I get invited to this one, I'm gonna really dig into the character creation because I have an idea for a main in the retail release and I want to see if I can pull off the look I want. The last beta was nice, no Siri robo voices that I could find, and I look forward to meeting the NPCs voiced by Kate Beckinsale and Bill Nighy. Though I'd imagine the last beta before release will still be level-locked. My one complaint about the game is in one of its big features - the anchors. The anchors need a deactivation timer or simply not despawn monsters, much like oblivion gates. Maybe plant some troops around one or drop one by a major city so that it's active even with nobody around. This way there won't be this big swirling portal in the sky that's just there for flavor and doesn't really do anything.

And if it hasn't been said already, lets not slam on this game too hard. Yes, a buncha guys from the Escapist are unquestionably enthusiastic about ESO. It doesn't mean that they're in Zenimax's pocket or anything. I, like them, would just like to see an MMO truly succeed that is not WoW or a derivative of WoW. ESO has enough different from the standard MMO fare to make it a truly unique experience in a market flooded by knockoffs and pay-to-win scams.

Glaice said:
What sort of NDA nonsense is in this beta?
NDA is lifted. If you've tried it, feel free to discuss at length.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
I'm sorry, but what kind of mess is the escapist advertising for now? This is pure bs factory style crap. 7k+ entries for 1 beta key, yet the advertise that they have tons of keys to give away. To top all of that off, you have to earn points for the giveaway by advertising that site. I'm sorry, but the escapist is really starting to slide downhill.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
barbzilla said:
I'm sorry, but what kind of mess is the escapist advertising for now? This is pure bs factory style crap. 7k+ entries for 1 beta key, yet the advertise that they have tons of keys to give away. To top all of that off, you have to earn points for the giveaway by advertising that site. I'm sorry, but the escapist is really starting to slide downhill.
Haha, yeah what the fuck is this? If it was a giveaway, sure...but its a competition to be able to work for free for Zenimax and test their game? Lulz were had.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
3 betas so far its improved but but lack of spells and the mmo power/ability classes that you are forced into its all kinda mehy.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
barbzilla said:
We have many, many keys to give away. All you have to do is interact with one of the buttons in the widget and you'll get a key emailed to you. No BS. Just a beta key. That's it.

barbzilla

Dec 6, 2010
Greg Tito said:
barbzilla said:
We have many, many keys to give away. All you have to do is interact with one of the buttons in the widget and you'll get a key emailed to you. No BS. Just a beta key. That's it.
Okay, if that is the case then the website doing the giveaway needs to be changed. A direct quote from that website, 1 (note: 1 not many, but 1) grand prize winner gets a beta key for Elder Scrolls Online. That doesn't sound like the many that was advertised. If I am wrong (and I may well be) than I do apologize, but you have to admit that it looks shady.

nyysjan

Mar 12, 2010
Got no facebook account, will not follow on twitter.
I'm quite happy to talk about games, but i am not going to start using social media to act as an advertiser for a new game in exchange for a beta key.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
nyysjan said:
I'm quite happy to talk about games, but i am not going to start using social media to act as an advertiser for a new game in exchange for a beta key.
I agree, I am not going to advertise something I haven't even played yet. I guess I am backwards in not wanting to tell people about something I haven't even tried yet. The other options I can understand, but "Sharing on Facebook (or Twitter)" I won't do until I have actually played the beta, so thanks but no thanks.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Awesome, just got my email. Looking forward to joining you guys in Tamriel!

Side note, does anyone know if there will be Australian servers for this beta?

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
I guess I'll be diving back into the ESO beta once again. Last few times I've been busy with work, but I think I can manage to attend to this one. Incidentally I got and extra code via Email, guess they want alot of people to play.

barbzilla

Dec 6, 2010
Arawn said:
I guess I'll be diving back into the ESO beta once again. Last few times I've been busy with work, but I think I can manage to attend to this one. Incidentally I got and extra code via Email, guess they want alot of people to play.
Yeah, I ended up with 2 bonus keys. If someone needs one, and doesn't want to do the page advertised in the OP just send me a PM and I'll hook the first two people up.

As a side note, the NDA has been lifted, so I pray that they have their stuff in order this weekend and that it doesn't go down like last weekend.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Yeeah I've been and am already in the beta for ESO.

Unfortunately I also got into the Wildstar beta too.

...One of them has left a significantly better impression on me. And since one is still under NDA I'll just leave you guessing which one it is.

It's not the one that has it's NDA lifted.

*cough*

Seriously I have been stoic about every single MMO release in the last 10 years, Wildstar has invoked something childish and primal in me the likes of which I have not felt since I stepped into the wildernesses of Azeroth for the first time. And I can't be much more descriptive than that but MMO enthusiasts? Get fucking ready for this one.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Why do they need to only have "beta weekends"? They want people to test servers, including high level and PVP content, but getting there over a couple days makes is very difficult

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011

The links all take me to some website called Lockerdome where it looks like I have to have an account, but when I go to click the "sign up" button it asks me whether I want to sign up through Facebook or Twitter. Do you need to have a Facebook or Twitter account to participate in this? Because I don't have either and I'm not going to create 3 accounts with 3 different websites just so I can be a free beta tester for 3 days.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Caramel Frappe said:
Sadly, I don't really like how Bethesda does their thing.

See... they invited me to their beta before. I applied to their official website as instructed, then was directed to their Elder Scrolls Online website to fill out a 'Sign Up' sheet. Then, they e-mailed me saying if I was approved, they'd let me play the Beta. What happened? Never got a word back nor my Beta Key.

I don't see why they invited me before specifically, then never allow me to try out the Beta. It's like giving someone a promise that they'll get a ticket visit Universal Studios, yet never bothered checking in if that person was stilling eager to go. That's cruel.

Might check this out, but I don't know... I feel a tad sore personally.
Friend of mine took an entire day to get into the last ESO stress test. Had to actually call customer service and talk with billing for 3 hours total in order to activate his free beta key we tossed at him.

Needless to say, that left a hugely sour taste in his mouth.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
nyysjan said:
Agreed: Come on Escapist, the world worked before social media, encouraging people to sign up for another website or two companies that make profit by selling users info isn't what the world needs now.