Play Miracle of Sound Anywhere

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Play Miracle of Sound Anywhere

Buy a physical copy of Miracle of Sound's Press X to Rock so you can rock out on land, sea or in space.

One of my proudest moments working for this fine publication occurred at PAX Prime last month. Wandering by the Mass Effect 3 booth, I caught a few bars of a familiar tune. It took a few moments for me to realize that it was Normandy - Gavin's recent song inspired by the events of Mass Effect 2 - and that the video was playing on repeat at BioWare's booth throughout the whole convention. Tens of thousands of gamers were introduced to the music of Gavin Dunne at PAX as well as during his Q&A at the BioWare panel at GamesCom in Germany [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112458-Miracle-of-Sound-Talks-to-BioWare], but those of you at The Escapist have been fans for a long, long time.

Now you have the chance to listen to all of the songs of Miracle of Sound even when you aren't online. The first Miracle of Sound album Press X to Rock is up for grabs now and it only costs $9.95 [http://www.splitreason.com/product/theescapist/1158]. Most of the songs that we've featured on The Escapist are on the disc. Unfortunately, Normandy and the last four episodes were not written in time for production but you do get 4 bonus songs from Gavin for a total of 15 tracks.

That's $.66 per song, people. Even if you're going to rip the CD immediately and play the mp3s on your portable music device, it will still set you back less than iTunes.

If you love to watch the videos along with the Miracle of Sound, there's also the DVD that contains the first ten episodes of the show. From Mining All Day Long (MInecraft) to Wheatley's Song (Portal 2), all the videos on the DVD are all produced from real game footage captured from our bunker here in Durham, NC. Pick it up here [http://www.splitreason.com/product/theescapist/1159].

What's your favorite Miracle of Sound song so far?

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I'm really thinking about getting it even though I already bought all of them digitally. Except those four bonus songs, I guess.

...Alright, I'm definitely paying $10 for that.

Sales +1

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Awesome stuff!
Although I live in the UK....but nevertheless, awesome stuff!

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
For the sake of supporting one of my favorite contemporary musicians i WILL get the CD. I also just like to have a hard copy of my music. It's just a special, more personal feeling.

As for my favorite song by him... That's a mean question to ask. I love every single one of his songs.

But if i had to pick one then... Sweet L.A.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Is the album itself going up on itunes even though the songs are already there?

And favorite song....definitely "Wasteland Soul" Dear God, I had that song in my head for over a month.

Nedoras

Jan 8, 2010
Congrats to Gavin for getting an album out there, I'm definitely going to buy a copy ^_^ As for my favorite song, it would have to be Sweet L.A.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Consider my money already given, although I'm a little sad "Normandy" isn't on it.

But who cares, Wheatley's Song is on it! Huzzah!!

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Greg Tito said:
Now you have the chance to listen to all of the songs of Miracle of Sound even when you aren't online. The first Miracle of Sound album Press X to Rock is up for grabs now and it only costs $9.95 [http://www.splitreason.com/product/theescapist/1158]. Most of the songs that we've featured on The Escapist are on the disc. Unfortunately, Normandy and the last four episodes were not written in time for production but you do get 4 bonus songs from Gavin for a total of 15 tracks.
Sorry, am I missing something or did you miss a '1'. It says $19.95 for me. I'll still get it but if there's a way to save 10 bucks, I'd like to know.

EDIT: Ah, my mistake, I clicked on the dvd link. Sorry.

EDIT2: oh yeah, fav song - Wheatley's Song

runner up: Duke You Used to be Cool

phoenixbeast

Apr 14, 2009
I was gonna buy right away then after shipping it became more than a dollar per song and take almost two weeks to arrive. So I bought the songs I wanted (a lot of them) over his bandcamp page (so I could get Normandy!). Still he has my support and I hope for more awesome music in the future!

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Greg Tito said:
Buy a physical copy of Miracle of Sound's Press X to Rock so you can rock out on land, sea or in space.
And now I have Andy Lee Robinson's Cold Tea on loop in my head.

> So there was this game called Psycastria for 8 bit computers. Just a bad Uridium knockoff, but what can you do.
> The scroller screen at the start of the C64 version explained that your mission was to "destroy Psycastrians on land sea the moon and deep space..." Apparently commas were too hard to type in.
> The music was awesome, though.
> The music, like the rest, was a ripoff, though. Specifically, of a song called "Cold Tea", which the cheeky devils had reversed. Turns out it still sounds catchy in reverse.

So that text reminded me of the scroller which reminded me of the song which made me think of the original.

(Topic? What's what?) I'll buy the CD. Cheap and gives me an excuse to do my geek-friend Christmas shopping early at Splitreason.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I would have bought it in a heartbeat if it was actually only $10. But with S&H costing an extra $5 for it to arrive in a week or three, it makes it not worth it to me. Too bad it's not on Amazon instead. I have free two-day shipping through them. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to wait.

fer1wi

Jun 4, 2009
I. Shall. Have. THAT! CD!

My favorite song? Augh, that's a tough one...

I can't pick just one:

-Fire in Your Hole
-Normandy
-The Ballad of Clay Carmine
-Gordon Freeman Saved My Life
-Sweet L.A.
-Little Sister
-Santiago's Lament

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Even if I didn't love the music, I would have to get it because that has got to be the best album name since Weird Al's "Dare to be Stupid."

Favorite would have to be "I suck at Call of Duty" aaand now it's stuck in my head.
The New Vegas song would have to be a close second.

tklivory

Oct 20, 2008
Sweet, been waiting for these. I ordered one of each, and probably will get some more when Christmas rolls around.

Favorite song?

Tie between Normandy and Age of the Dragon. Oh, and that sweet, sweet sax work in L.A. Noire...

Oh, and...

Ah, screw it. I love 'em all. Already looking forward to the next compilation.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
Even if I didn't love the music, I would have to get it because that has got to be the best album name since Weird Al's "Dare to be Stupid."

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Looks like I will be Mining all day long to these tunes.

Awesome, I'm going to pick it up soon.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Where do you guys distribute from? The US? If so, I guess I'll have to fill a bigger order - otherwise the shipping's going to cost me more than the CD.

Anyway, I'll get that CD for sure, even though my favourite MoS track will have to wait for the next album, I suppose (it's "Trip to Vegas").
Also, hooray for Gav and his first CD!!! :D

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
[/spoiler]

As for my favourite songs:
1. The Ballad of Clay Carmine
2. Wasteland Soul
3. Sweet LA
4. Trip to Vegas
5. Age of the Dragon

Also, any chance [i]Gordon Freeman Saved My Life[/i] will be put up on The Escapist as a video at some point?