Play of the Game

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Since the game was officially released, I haven't seen much plays of the game being given to Bastion.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
ObsidianJones said:
There are just certain Characters that Blizzard loves most and gives them the most Kit.

To me, those characters are certainly Bastion, Reaper, Tracer, and Mei. Their damage potential, ability to singlehandedly take care of a team, and heal themselves is way too much. With most of them, just take the ability to heal themselves away would make them fair in my mind.

For Reaper, I'd just take away the teleport. He already has a mist form. Just too much.
I think there is credit to be given to Blizzard that different people have different opinions about who is OP. I have seen people attack Genji, Bastion or even Winston as OP.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Obbi said:
Eric the Orange said:
But seriously people who think Bastion is OP need to learn how counter pick. Bastion is the easiest character to counter pick in the game.
Counterpicking for a particular setup is fair advice for this game, where switching characters is relatively seamless. However, I feel like it falls apart a bit when Bastion is the only hero where you hear this advice.
Except it really isn't.

If the enemy has a Pharah I regularly tell someone to switch to 76 or Widowmaker if someone is good at her since Pharah gets hosed by them. If the enemy team goes heavy tank comp I'll ask people to switch to Mccree or Reaper to wipe them out. If they have a particularly good sniper someone needs to go Winston, or possibly Genji if they're good enough.

The only difference between normal counterpicks and Bastion counterpicks is that Bastions a noob slayer so its super important to get someone to switch since if your team is full of noobs they'll just keep getting mowed down.

Truth be told, the better I get the more I worry about people switching to counter Roadhog since his hook/1 shot potential is ridonkulous.

Sep 24, 2008
hermes said:
I think there is credit to be given to Blizzard that different people have different opinions about who is OP. I have seen people attack Genji, Bastion or even Winston as OP.
Blizzard deserves all the credit in the world. I love the game.

While Personal OP comes from how you like to play (A Bastion thinks a Genji is overpowered because they can always find a way to get at them, or a Reinhardt thinks a Widowmaker is overpowered because he can never reach her), I think there's a fair list of general OP no matter who you play.

-Bastion's damage potential with a self heal is ridiculous. I'll even happily take the DPS if he didn't have the ability to repair himself. Cooldown or no, he just has to wipe out whole teams (which had has the capability of doing if he just has two other people whittling down the enemy's life), pop the self heal, and wait the 8 seconds for the team to respawn and walk the thirty seconds back to where he's set up.

-Tracer is on the lower end of the OP scale. Some people just don't have the damage or the projectiles to hit her. A Lucio's projectiles are laughable to her because they are so slow and doesn't do that much of a wallop. Then she has a rewind that heals her and re-ups her ammo?

-Reaper's a glass cannon, but really? The easiest guns to use in the game, one of the highest dps, can collect souls of the dead to heal himself, teleports, mist form, and a death blossom? He's seriously what kids designed in the 90's as their super cool new comic book character.

And I just checked. Reaper ISN'T a glass cannon. He has 250 hp. I get it. You have to get in close to use the shotguns effectively, but given the fact that the soul is going to heal you right after you use those shotguns, why does he need the highest health of all offenses?

-And Mei... freaking MEI. I LOVE THE GIRL TO DEATH, but come on... A Freeze Gun that most characters don't have a counter for because it freezes you so quickly and most characters do not have a knock back, a ridiculously high damage icicle with a laughably quick reload, the only non High Risk, High Reward method of lane denial with her ice Wall, An ice shield that heals her, and her ultimate.

Her freaking Ultimate. You can't destroy it like you can Junk Rat's or D.Va's. You can't stop it by killing her. It just denies. For a long period of time without you being able to do anything.

These characters are just not in line with everyone else.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
hentropy said:
The commendations are where the real rewards are handed out.
This. I'm actually glad to commend rival team members if they did exceptionally well.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Irridium said:

he can be infuriating. Makes it all the more satisfying when I chain him as roadhog. Though it's still usually him in potg or trobjorn putsing about while his turret kills everyone.
Hey, putsing about as Torbjorn and letting the turret do all the work is a very hard to master skill, I'll have you know. It's hard to be that good when Bastion 2.0 is so hard to use.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a turret to place and hit with a hammer until the end of the day.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Frankster said:
Also what is this myth of "if you know where Bastion is, you can counter him". That is just bull of the highest degree, there are chokepoints such as on Vostroya industries where you can damn well know where the bastion is, it doesn't change diddly squat, not least because you also have to deal with said Bastion's team supporting it as it overwatches the only entrances.
Bastion isn't tanky and he can't move in turret mode. Tracer can one-shot him with her sticky, Pharah can nail him with rockets with supreme ease, Widowmaker and Hanzo can snipe him effortlessly, hell, Roadhog can hook him out of turret mode, etc.. When you know where he is, he's easy to deal with. Just don't be a dipshit and run straight at him solo. Co-ordinate with your team.