Playing WoW Classic Fresh? (Season Of Mastery)

Caperf

Nov 3, 2021
I was wondering if any of you guys will be playing Classic Fresh aka Season of Mastery? and if so what class/spec. Atm the open beta is active, feel free to message me ingame if you want to play together. The beta is quite popular and it's a good indication of the eventual release population, I hope to see you guys in there
:)

Mod edit: link removed

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
No, everybody's playing FF14 these days.

Also @Caperf your hyperlink doesn't lead to the same place as the text indicates. I don't know what [not mod edit: link removed] is but this immediately makes me suspicious of you. Please fix this immediately if you aren't a scammer.

Last edited:

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I might consider but will play as another class entirely. Probably going Horde this time.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I tried classic when it launched and boy howdy did it just remind me that I actually liked all the quality of life improvements put in over the years.

No, I shall stick with Retail World of Warcraft thank you.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I tried classic when it launched and boy howdy did it just remind me that I actually liked all the quality of life improvements put in over the years.

No, I shall stick with Retail World of Warcraft thank you.
You think you do, but you dont. Hahhhahaa

Reactions: Hawki

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
You think you do, but you dont. Hahhhahaa
Hey, this isn't Dark Souls, where suffering is part of the appeal(to some people at least).

Or is it?

I dunno. Some people aren't satisfied unless everything is difficult and clunky as shit, because otherwise you're just trying to cater to the casuals.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
There seems to be a lot of weird new accounts cropping up lately that have been fishing us for....I dunno some shit.
Maybe I'm being prejudiced and overly critical of new members, but when I see someone with 2 posts and bad English I'm immediately suspicious. Like, this reads like something written by a bot, but I can't figure out why a bot is recommending me "Little Women."

Like, is someone trying out their conversation generation software by writing forum posts about how snow is delicious.

I didn't actually think that Caperf was a bot, because they made me laugh with one of their posts, but their silence after this thread is changing my mind.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Maybe I'm being prejudiced and overly critical of new members, but when I see someone with 2 posts and bad English I'm immediately suspicious. Like, this reads like something written by a bot, but I can't figure out why a bot is recommending me "Little Women."

Like, is someone trying out their conversation generation software by writing forum posts about how snow is delicious.

I didn't actually think that Caperf was a bot, because they made me laugh with one of their posts, but their silence after this thread is changing my mind.
Yeah i mean when the first post from anyone is trying to promote a game or sending you to a bad link, thats instantly bad news.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Yeah i mean when the first post from anyone is trying to promote a game or sending you to a bad link, thats instantly bad news.
I have seen a couple of bots doing half a dozen generic replies in chat-bot quality before actually posting a link because first-post-links get banned so often.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
That's been kind of a weird experience with bots lately. On YouTube I'm seeing a lot of accounts with "Tap me - f*ck me" in their names replying to my comments- but they're actually cogent and even sometimes funny comments that are apropos to the video. I don't know if the AI behind the bots has gotten super-good or if real people are commenting through them in order to try to lend them some veneer of legitimacy.

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
That's been kind of a weird experience with bots lately. On YouTube I'm seeing a lot of accounts with "Tap me - f*ck me" in their names replying to my comments- but they're actually cogent and even sometimes funny comments that are apropos to the video. I don't know if the AI behind the bots has gotten super-good or if real people are commenting through them in order to try to lend them some veneer of legitimacy.
They are probably pulling their video replies from the comment section and just copy pasting them.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I remember trying cleverbot or one of those other bots a couple years back and it took me about 10-15 minutes to break it. It wasn't even hard before it lost the veneer of talking like a people in favor of talking like a robot that doesn't understand context.

Maybe they've gottten better but I'm not holding my breath honestly.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I remember trying cleverbot or one of those other bots a couple years back and it took me about 10-15 minutes to break it. It wasn't even hard before it lost the veneer of talking like a people in favor of talking like a robot that doesn't understand context.

Maybe they've gottten better but I'm not holding my breath honestly.
Man, I loved Cleverbot. I spent hours talking to it. It didn't remotely pass the turing test, but it was just fun seeing what it would say.

Reactions: Dalisclock