Playlist for a Roadtrip

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I will be leaving in a week for my powerlifting competition and was selecting a list of albums to listen to on my 12+ hour roadtrip across the flat Canadian prairies and these are what I selected:

Note: I am planning on purchasing around 10-12 albums to listen to and wanted to have a varied selection.

Meat Loaf:
Bat Out Of Hell Part 1
Bat Out Of Hell Part 2
Bat Out Of Hell Part 3

Iron Maiden:
Number of the Beast
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Fear of the Dark

Judas Priest:
Firepower

Static X:
Wisconsin Death Trip

Rage Against The Machine:
Rage Against The Machine

Skinny Puppy:
Handover

I am also mulling over adding Rocktronic by Frank Klepacki and Nihil by KMFDM but would be going over budget.

So what do you guys think based upon my Rock, Metal, and Industrial tastes? Do you have any alternative suggestions or something completely different that you feel I might like based upon my list?

Two other genres of music I absolutely adore are Powermetal and Synthwave (I have the entire discography of Dance with the Dead and Meteor) but I feel I already have enough of that on my MP3 Player.

Let me hear what you have to say.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Solid list!

They're pretty polarizing and maybe not your taste but, I've found that early Kings of Leon makes great wide open highway music.
There's a freedom to some of their music that goes well with nothing but time disappearing off into the distance.

[link]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1hgRDRc3ug[/link]

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Dr.Susse said:
Solid list!

They're pretty polarizing and maybe not your taste but, I've found that early Kings of Leon makes great wide open highway music.
There's a freedom to some of their music that goes well with nothing but time disappearing off into the distance.

[link]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1hgRDRc3ug[/link]
I gave them a listen to; Not really my cup of tea but they are alright. Thanks anyways for the suggestion.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Sounds pretty great to me! The last time I road-tripped I was mostly listening to Seikima II, Cradle of Filth and, Hizaki Grace. I think the next time I roll out on a long trip though I might just listen to an audio-book.

Hey, if you can tolerate 'Engrish' and/or Japanese rock I'd highly recommend Loudness, Seikima II and, Earthshaker.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
All of that is noisy garbage masquerading as music.

Don McLean - American Pie
James Taylor - October Road
Billy Joel - The Piano Man

If you absolutely need loud ...

Rage Against the Machine - Evil Empire

Throw on easy listening Sia and Alanis Morissette and you'll actually have songs to sing and keep you chill without sounding like you smoke two packs of cigarettes a day and just scream at a microphone all day.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Some of my must haves for a road trip are:
Needled
Down with the sickness
Bodies
Straight to your face
Spookshow Baby (black leather catsuit version)
Beautiful People
Scum of the earth
cowboys from hell
11th hour
In between the sheets

I have too many favorites to list at once though

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Lit's album Lit is good for sunny driving days. Also, Filter's Title of Record. And Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory. Deftones' White Pony too (or even Around the Fur, I've lost my Adrenaline album).

To be honest, I'm just listing music I like.

Side note: Does anyone prefer listening to proper CD albums in the car rather than MP3 compilations on a stick? My new car doesn't have MP3 capability (it's an old new car), but I hugely prefer listening to an album rather than a bunch of songs on random.

Oh! RHCP's Californication is pretty much the perfect roadtrip music, apart from the one or two tracks I don't like.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Palindromemordnilap said:
If you don't mind something purely instrumental I'd suggest To Glory by Two Steps From Hell
I completely forgot about them, they normally have some really good stuff.\

Shoggoth2588 said:
Sounds pretty great to me! The last time I road-tripped I was mostly listening to Seikima II, Cradle of Filth and, Hizaki Grace. I think the next time I roll out on a long trip though I might just listen to an audio-book.

Hey, if you can tolerate 'Engrish' and/or Japanese rock I'd highly recommend Loudness, Seikima II and, Earthshaker.
Aside from CoF I have never heard of any of those bands. I will check them out but the former is very hit or miss for me. I either really like or really hate their songs which makes buying/listening to a whole album a risk. XD

Addendum_Forthcoming said:
All of that is noisy garbage masquerading as music.

Throw on easy listening Sia and Alanis Morissette and you'll actually have songs to sing and keep you chill without sounding like you smoke two packs of cigarettes a day and just scream at a microphone all day.
None of that music does anything for me, and besides, I will be on a motorcycle with noise-cancelling earphones so I would not even be able to hear myself singing. Lastly, if someone is doing metal style singing and ruining their voice they have no idea in hell as to what they are doing and need professional vocal lessons.

Lil devils x said:
Some of my must haves for a road trip are:

Needled

Down with the sickness

Bodies

Straight to your face

Spookshow Baby (black leather catsuit version)

Beautiful People

Scum of the earth

cowboys from hell

11th hour

In between the sheets

I have too many favorites to list at once though
Coincidentally I have most of those songs on my MP3 already. XD

Baffle2 said:
Lit's album Lit is good for sunny driving days. Also, Filter's Title of Record. And Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory. Deftones' White Pony too (or even Around the Fur, I've lost my Adrenaline album).

To be honest, I'm just listing music I like.

Side note: Does anyone prefer listening to proper CD albums in the car rather than MP3 compilations on a stick? My new car doesn't have MP3 capability (it's an old new car), but I hugely prefer listening to an album rather than a bunch of songs on random.

Oh! RHCP's Californication is pretty much the perfect roadtrip music, apart from the one or two tracks I don't like.
RHCP is not really my thing but I will see what those others you listed are like. Also, I forgot to mention that I will be on a motorcycle:

So CDs would be a lil'cumbersome when riding.