PlayStation 4 Confirmed for Holiday 2013 Release

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
PlayStation 4 Confirmed for Holiday 2013 Release

The PlayStation 4 will land just in time for the biggest shopping days of the year.

Sony didn't feel like showing off the PlayStation 4 in its physical form, but we saw plenty of tech demos, game teasers, and developers talking about how much they can't wait to develop for Sony's new console. When the lights began to dim on the event, the company did have one more vague bit of info to reveal in the form of a launch window: Holiday 2013.

Launching a console during the holidays is hardly a surprising move, and with the current console generation beginning to grow a bit long in the tooth, the waning months of 2013 seem like a logical time for both Sony and Microsoft to toss their hats into the next-gen ring once more.

Marak Daga

Feb 1, 2012
Holiday? When the fucks that? Christmas? (seriously if it is, are we too scared to say that now? if so, jesus christ thats fucked up lol)

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Hoboy. And they probably will want some $600 or so for the thing, right? I'm going to wait for a bit until that price drops and there's some worthwhile games on the system.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Haha, that is funny... Developers talking about how they can't wait to develop for it... which leads me to believe it's not gonna have much in the way of games if it does come out this holiday season.

Marak Daga

Feb 1, 2012
an annoyed writer said:
Hoboy. And they probably will want some $600 or so for the thing, right? I'm going to wait for a bit until that price drops and there's some worthwhile games on the system.
I was reading it was priced at about $400 or so

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Marak Daga said:
Holiday? When the fucks that? Christmas? (seriously if it is, are we too scared to say that now? if so, jesus christ thats fucked up lol)
Yeah thats what i was thinking. holyday season here is summer. but i often hear westerners call christmas as holyday season, so i am confused on the date here.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Halyah said:
Strazdas said:
Marak Daga said:
Yeah thats what i was thinking. holyday season here is summer. but i often hear westerners call christmas as holyday season, so i am confused on the date here.
Speaking as a scandinavian, I'm just as confused as you are since holiday to us is pretty much whenever we have the obligatory days off.... and to us the next one would be easter if my memory isn't terribly off. So yeah this is indeed pretty dang vague.
actually there are plenty of holidays in Japan too, so maybe even they dont know
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_holidays_in_Japan

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Yeah, this isn't that surprising. Of course they'd release it at the busiest shopping time of the year. However, I feel slightly worried at the lack of a solid price confirmation from Sony last night. PS4 looks like it costs a heck of a lot more than the PS3 to produce, but they have to release it at a lower price or they#ll get slated and their sales will suffer. I've heard the rumours about a $400 dollar price-tag but I haven't seen any official confirmation of it yet.

King_Julian

Jun 10, 2009
Thats so soon its crazy, what does this mean for games coming out later this year like gta5? Its gonna kill them no?