PlayStation 4 Debuts November 15

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
PlayStation 4 Debuts November 15

Sony has finally offered up an official release date for the PlayStation 4, and it's less than three months away.

PlayStation 4 fans, now would be a good time to circle November 15 on your calendars. That's the date on which the PlayStation 4 will make its retail debut with a $400 price tag.

That news comes courtesy of Sony's Gamescom press conference, which drew to a close moments ago. Alongside over a dozen new games, the firm revealed a release date for the console, word that it will have innate, hardware-level support for remote play on the Vita handheld, and the option to stream gameplay footage directly to Twitch.

If you missed the stream, don't worry. The Escapist will be filled with crucial revelations from the conference momentarily. Keep your eyes peeled for everything you need to know.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Well now I know what day to not go out of the house. After the multiple shootings for the Wii and the PS3s at launch back then I've learned to not leave the house that day.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Neronium said:
Well now I know what day to not go out of the house. After the multiple shootings for the Wii and the PS3s at launch back then I've learned to not leave the house that day.
Be warned that if travelling to Europe for whatever reason it's TWO BLOODY WEEKS LATER D=<

Between the inflated price, inflated games prices and delayed arrival it would seem Sony really doesn't want me to buy their stuff these days. The Shadow Fall multi reveal was also severely disappointing.

Glad I just ordered my new PC parts and have my Wii U for my traditional console fix. I think that'll do for a couple of years. See how these PS4 and X1 things work out.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
I'm glad the PS4 has it's release date announced. I'm sure as hell not going to actually buy it on said day. hopefully since I already put 200 bucks down on one they will save me a copy for later. or eventually at least. I'm not risking getting shot.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Neronium said:
dragongit said:
hopefully since I already put 200 bucks down on one they will save me a copy for later. or eventually at least. I'm not risking getting shot.
wtfffffffffffffffffffffffff

Is... is this a thing that happens? D:

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
With the Xbox One also being released in November it'll be interesting to see how launch numbers are effected by price, release date etc as they will be in direct competition compared to the gap between the 360 and PS3.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Consider me excited. Twitch support, yeeeessssssssss. Nov 15 is just a couple weeks after my birthday, so maybe I'll have some extra cash lying around...

Might hold off until whenever Second Son releases though.
SkarKrow said:
Between the inflated price,
Wait, what? It's cheaper than the launch PS3 was...
inflated games prices
Aren't games staying the same price...?

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
The_Echo said:
Consider me excited. Twitch support, yeeeessssssssss. Nov 15 is just a couple weeks after my birthday, so maybe I'll have some extra cash lying around...

Might hold off until whenever Second Son releases though.
SkarKrow said:
Between the inflated price,
Wait, what? It's cheaper than the launch PS3 was...
inflated games prices
Aren't games staying the same price...?
Neither of those things hold true outside the US.

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
SkarKrow said:
Glad I just ordered my new PC parts and have my Wii U for my traditional console fix. I think that'll do for a couple of years. See how these PS4 and X1 things work out.
That's how I'm doing things too. I just got my new water-cooled gaming behemoth PC, and the WiiU promises a lot of delightful console-only experiences in the future.

Altogether, I'm sure they'll both provide me with way more entertainment than I could find the time for. But all the same, I'll be watching the PS4, and see what comes of it in the future. As a piece of hardware it looks like the best thing Sony has done so far, barring the absence of backwards compatibility. I understand, of course, why it doesn't have it, though if it did that might've been enough to convince me to pick one up in the not-so-distant future.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Neronium said:
dragongit said:
hopefully since I already put 200 bucks down on one they will save me a copy for later. or eventually at least. I'm not risking getting shot.
wtfffffffffffffffffffffffff

Is... is this a thing that happens? D:
To answer you question, I shall say a simple phrase that should be taken as sarcasm:
'Merica, Fuck Yeah! >.>

On a more serious note, yes there were shootings a couple of blocks from me and they were by people who wanted a PS3. Then Wii had about 1 shooting by where I was, other injuries were due to trampling.
Total that died that day I believe was about 4 people. My country makes me sad sometimes.

schrodinger

Jul 19, 2013
Neat!

Am so excited for the PS4~

My brother and I are both chipping in for this console at launch, but I don't think we should get the console until a week later because the muggings will start. :I

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
*daw drops in shock* my birthday is the 16th November *starts jumping around like a kid*
Yep I'm definently taking that day off this year

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Pre-ordered a bundle tonight at Best Buy.

One of the good things about living in a tiny state like Vermont with a population of maybe 500,000 total is that the turnout for these big tech releases tends to be on the smaller side when compared to other places. We'll have some lines to be sure, but it won't be a mad house a new console launch would be in other places.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Wooo that's my birthday. All of you must buy me a PS4...thats just how it works

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Alas if only inFamous Second Son was a launch title, but I'll definitely be picking that up when it comes out and the launch bugs have been ironed out over Christmas. In the mean time, my PS3 Backlog needs amending, because if history has taught me anything, I won't be touching my PS3 ever again.