Playstation 5 Review - THE next gen.....controller.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Some interesting stuff about the sales of the PS5 in Japan and that they don't do console gaming much any more. Aside from the Switch, where a lot of population use the portable feature.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Some interesting stuff about the sales of the PS5 in Japan and that they don't do console gaming much any more. Aside from the Switch, where a lot of population use the portable feature.
That has been the case in Japan for the last 15 years or so. Their domestic market is pretty much all mobile. Still there remains a decent amount of players who prefer home consoles. But it's definitely not anymore what it was in the 8/16/32-bit heyday.

Reactions: BrawlMan

dscross

Elite Member
Legacy
May 14, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I just don't understand how people can afford to get a brand new console with all the latest games without it burning a hole in their pocket. I'd much rather wait a year since the PS4 basically has all the same games at the moment. You can upgrade some to PS5 versions later on. Especially since everyone is being so impatient and simply MUST have the latest gadgets and they sell out immediately on release as a result.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I just don't understand how people can afford to get a brand new console with all the latest games without it burning a hole in their pocket. I'd much rather wait a year since the PS4 basically has all the same games at the moment. You can upgrade some to PS5 versions later on. Especially since everyone is being so impatient and simply MUST have the latest gadgets and they sell out immediately on release as a result.
I personally held off on buying a PS4 Pro because I knew the Ps5 was coming. But I don't really understand what you mean by afford a new console. How did you afford your PS4? It's the same thing. How do you afford anything you buy?

People make enough money, or the save up and they buy it. It's pretty simple.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
The scalping this time around is brutal though. They should have implemented tighter controls around who’s buying these things. The invite/ticket system should have prevented the bulk of this simply by tying your account to a system, and the system can only be unlocked and used by the ticket holder’s account. Pair it like that, or disable the console and any online functionality if they attempt to transfer it without Sony’s approval.

Do that the first year or so and you wouldn’t be seeing this scalping insanity that seems to have put a stranglehold on most people attempting to find one at normal retail pricing.

dscross

Elite Member
Legacy
May 14, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I personally held off on buying a PS4 Pro because I knew the Ps5 was coming. But I don't really understand what you mean by afford a new console. How did you afford your PS4? It's the same thing. How do you afford anything you buy?

People make enough money, or the save up and they buy it. It's pretty simple.
obviously people CAN afford. I just think it’s a massive waste of money at full price.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
obviously people CAN afford. I just think it’s a massive waste of money at full price.
How can you justify this statement? $500 is nothing when you consider the liter 1000's of hours of entertainment you get out of a console over years and years of lifespan.

Again that's like saying no entertainment is worth the price which just doesn't make any senses. It just makes you sound bitter, and I don't know why you have any reason to be bitter at least on a video game forum.

dscross

Elite Member
Legacy
May 14, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
How can you justify this statement? $500 is nothing when you consider the liter 1000's of hours of entertainment you get out of a console over years and years of lifespan.

Again that's like saying no entertainment is worth the price which just doesn't make any senses. It just makes you sound bitter, and I don't know why you have any reason to be bitter at least on a video game forum.
Because it will be much cheaper in a couple of years and you can currently get most of the same games on ps4. I am not bitter. I don't care. I'm merely making a point.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Because it will be much cheaper in a couple of years and you can currently get most of the same games on ps4. I am not bitter. I don't care. I'm merely making a point.
Much cheaper, might not happen since they are already offering a "cheaper" version. The PS4 dropped $100 bucks with it's slim version but I could see them justifying maintaining the price since they already are offering the $100 cheaper version at launch.