Aug 2, 2011
PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale Review

The fighting is king in Battle Royale.

Read Full Article

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
TizzytheTormentor said:
Wow, one of my friends will be picking this up, I am definitely beating him up and stealing his PS3 going to his house to play it!

It is a shameless Super Smash Bros clone, but who cares since it was done well!

Totally making Dan Fortesque my main when I get to play it!
This exactly. I've heard people constantly telling me that this game would suck and that it has nothing original at all. Good to hear that it's good though. I was gonna get it anyway because it has Spike, Ratchet and Clank, and Dan Fortesque in it!

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Might check this game out...when I get some money. T_T

Damn you Far Cry 3 and every other game that has came out recently and killed my wallet in many, many ways.

Also I'll make Jak and Daxter or Good Cole my favorite character...

If I ever get my hands on it. :(
I'm a bit surprised at this review too.

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
Any comments on how the crossplay works with the vita? This is supposed to be one of the first games you can buy with a ps3 and get a code to play it on your vita as well.

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
Played a kiosk demo of the game at a Best Buy recently and have to agree that the character list and specific movesets are VERY organic. Its clear that individual characters have very diverse playstyles, but the Power kills are repetitive and get boring very quickly. Overall I had fun playing it for the half hour I got to sit in front of the display during quiet hours, but I can see how it could get boring really fast.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Although I haven't played the game, mostly due to not having a PS3, but the major difference I note between this and SSB is that pretty much all the characters here are 3rd part because Sony doesn't really have any home grown franchises unlike Nintendo.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Eh I might pick this up eventually. It would be nice to have a fresh multiplayer game to play with friends after years of Smash Bros Brawl.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Sounds like it'll be worth picking up after a price drop.

I'm actually like the fact that the unlockables are irrelevant to gameplay it's annoying to pick up a game take home to play with friends only to find out it'll take 5 hours of solo play before any of us can play as are favorite character.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I didn't even know this was out already. It looks kind of fun, but I don't care for the roster at all :/

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
Parappa is the only character that jumps off the page

Too many of them are nitty gritty overly serious characters

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
Although I haven't played the game, mostly due to not having a PS3, but the major difference I note between this and SSB is that pretty much all the characters here are 3rd part because Sony doesn't really have any home grown franchises unlike Nintendo.
On the other hand, this also allows for a bigger diversity of characters.

It has close to the same number of characters as Super Smash Brothers Melee without any franchise repeats, characters that look/play similarly, or outright variants of the same character.

Not saying this game is outright better for this, but it's refreshing.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I'll recommend this game to my cousin, he just got his new and sparkly PS3 recently and he was a huge fan of Smash Bros. Melee, now I have a good excuse to pass by his house and play a bit :)

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Well I was thinking about this anyway so I could play as Sir Daniel again (Yay nostalgia!) but well... Drake can summon chest high walls WITH HIS MIND!?

This is too brilliantly absurd to be true.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Absolutionis said:
canadamus_prime said:

It has close to the same number of characters as Super Smash Brothers Melee without any franchise repeats, characters that look/play similarly, or outright variants of the same character.

True, but still calling it "Playstation All-Stars" is kind of a misnomer because Sony doesn't actually own any of the characters, they just managed to exclusively license them.

EDIT: Never mind, I don't know what I'm on about.

GenGenners

Jul 25, 2012
canadamus_prime said:
Absolutionis said:
canadamus_prime said:

True, but still calling it "Playstation All-Stars" is kind of a misnomer because Sony doesn't actually own any of the characters, they just managed to exclusively license them.

EDIT: Never mind, I don't know what I'm on about.
If it wasn't for that edit, I would have got ready to rip you a new one. Nice save :p

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I've always found this sort of game to be pretty vacuous with the real redeeming quality coming via the cast.. and the cast in PSAS just doesn't do anything for me at all. Too bad, because I'm a pretty big fan of some of the people who worked on the game.

anonymity88 said:
Would have liked Cloud Strife/Sephiroth, but I suppose there's always Dissidia for that.
Or Ergheiz.

DeManix

Jun 7, 2010
The only reason I may want to get this is to play as Nariko again. Man, I really hope there's a Heavenly Sword 2...