PlayStation CEO Hopes 2008 Was "As Bad As it Gets"

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Treblaine said:
You're still trolling by saying the PS3 only has a few good games. I refuse to sit here and let you go on, starting flame wars.

It would be easier to just report you.

Let me put the concept of exclusives in lame mans terms. YOUR OPINIONS DO NOT EQUAL FACTS.

Otherwise I can simply say the 360 has crappy games and doesn't have one single good one. See how biased that sounds? Sounds like a console switched version of what you're saying.

Neosage said:
Also Pendragon9, narcolepsy is a serious problem maybe you should get checked out?
No, I think you should check Halo's loading times on a regular internet connection, especially when people have moved on to Gears of War.

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
Goldbling said:
Pendragon9 said:
3. I don't see any low quality. I enjoy my games on the Ps3. They work just fine. What, are you a graphics whore? Oh wait, yes you are.

4. For goodness sake, I don't see anything wrong with the PSN. It lags a bit, but I've seen far worse on other consoles.
3- He is talking about multi-platform games, and that's true, most multi-platform games look better on 360 because the 360 code is a lot easier to work with.

4- PSN sucks, to be frank, When it takes an hour to download an update for a game opposed to 10 seconds for my 360, Something is wrong.
Then your PS3 must have a problem. Mine is the best online I've ever played. Whenever I went to my friend's house to play on his 360, I almost fell asleep from all the waiting times and loading and all that crap.

And frankly, when it comes to multiplat games, I just cannot play them on the 360. I can't deal with the people spamming their mics and using cheap glitches in the game to get an advantage. I've just had a better experience with the PS3.

Even if I did pay 599 Us dollars for it (Ridge Racer, giant enemy crabs, weak spots, ancient japan, etc) I personally feel that I got my money's worth. Because I just found out my Ps2 is broken, so when I get the attachment to transfer mem card data, then you'll bet your ass I'm gonna get even more use out of it. You can't play Ps2 games on a 360 after all.

I guess you guys had bad experiences with your consoles. I didn't though. In fact, I've had nothing but good times with the PS3's online, so if you still don't see eye to eye with me, then that's just fine.
It must vary by location because again I had an exact opposite experience to yours. Waiting nearly 30 minutes for a match on Resistance or COD4 when I rented it. I can play my Xbox Games on my 360 as well, I also got a PS3 that had backwards capability, I guess you can call it luck because the day after I got it I heard Sony stopped the backwards capability.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
You're still trolling by saying the PS3 only has a few good games. I refuse to sit here and let you go on, starting flame wars.

It would be easier to just report you.

Let me put the concept of exclusives in lame mans terms. YOUR OPINIONS DO NOT EQUAL FACTS.

Otherwise I can simply say the 360 has crappy games and doesn't have one single good one. See how biased that sounds? Sounds like a console switched version of what you're saying.
You don't understand the definition of trolling, it is not only what you say but how you say it. Like when you said "Go have sex with your xbox", THAT is trolling as it is just inviting confrontation, I didn't take the bait for that though I suspect you hoped I would reply in kind.

I have some serious issues with PS3, issues that are shared by several other people on this forum like Goldbling and AceDiamond agree with me. I have every right to voice my concerns and to be fair if you make lame excuses for those short comings, are your really surprised if someone calls them out?

I suspect you are going to get in a lot of trouble for reporting me as "starting flame wars" just because you can't be mature and agree to disagree. I never presented my opinions as facts but the facts I used to back up my opinions remain. Some facts are indisputable and you need to accept that and move on.

I mean if this website were to define 'complaining about the PS3' as trolling and hence make it against the rules then they would have to ban their own journalists as several dozen articles are highly critical of the PS3, PSP and Sony in general.

"You're still trolling by saying the PS3 only has a few good games"

That is ridiculous since that has not even been the crux of my argument, I don't believe I ever actually said "The PS3 only has a few good games" as that is open to each person's opinion. Not only is the idea of "good game" HIGHLY subjective but you can't say that over the past 3 years the PS3 has suffered in terms of software line-up.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Treblaine said:
That is ridiculous since that has not even been the crux of my argument, I don't believe I ever actually said "The PS3 only has a few good games" as that is open to each person's opinion.
Treblaine said:
The PS3 and PSP have fallen SOOO short in virtually every single area and I refuse to be a Sony apologist just because it had a few good exclusives.
-Loss of exclusives: People accepted the price of PS3 due to it's reputation for getting all the best exclusives, it FAILED to keep up that reputation and continues to fail, every year their most steadfast franchises desert from Sony exclusivity. Agent is the single solitary third party that is becoming exclusive for PS3 and we don't even have concept art. I mean we know more about the next Zelda game.
Need I go on? I'm through arguing with you because you can't even keep your story straight. The fact that you insult Sony at every turn and yet bought the PS3 anyway, shows me that you don't know a thing of what you're talking about.

You're just like the rest of the Escapist. Repeating the same dribble over and over about how the Ps3 is so expensive and doesn't have any good exclusives is cool, but defending the Ps3 brings about suspension and banning.

I don't wanna hear another word out of you. We're through.

I think Omni's post here sums up my view of what the Escapist has come to.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.124112?page=2#2552739

I know it seemed like Flaming and I know Nil will suspend me for it, but what Omni said was true. People assume that their opinions are fact and throw away everyone else's views on it.

I'm trying to establish that the three consoles are equal, and despite what I said in the past, you shouldn't be fighting so much over it.

Face it. The Ps3 has exclusives. It's a good console. It's sold well. It has great hardware. It's reasonably priced. Nothing any of you say will change that, no matter what you say. Guess what? The same is true for every console.

Don't blame me for being a fanboy when threads like "How Sony lost the game" and "Sony gets another title, but nobody cares" get started here.

You don't see me starting threads throwing out my opinions as facts, do you

Yes, I'm not going to deny the facts. They're in a bit of hot water right now. They have suffered a few issues. Alot of people here can validate their choice to get a 360. I see all that.

But stop with "Sony lost this generation" and "Sony can't game". It's immature.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
Treblaine said:
That is ridiculous since that has not even been the crux of my argument, I don't believe I ever actually said "The PS3 only has a few good games" as that is open to each person's opinion.
Treblaine said:
The PS3 and PSP have fallen SOOO short in virtually every single area and I refuse to be a Sony apologist just because it had a few good exclusives.
-Loss of exclusives: People accepted the price of PS3 due to it's reputation for getting all the best exclusives, it FAILED to keep up that reputation and continues to fail, every year their most steadfast franchises desert from Sony exclusivity. Agent is the single solitary third party that is becoming exclusive for PS3 and we don't even have concept art. I mean we know more about the next Zelda game.
Need I go on? I'm through arguing with you because you can't even keep your story straight. The fact that you insult Sony at every turn and yet bought the PS3 anyway, shows me that you don't know a thing of what you're talking about.

You're just like the rest of the Escapist. Repeating the same dribble over and over about how the Ps3 is so expensive and doesn't have any good exclusives is cool, but defending the Ps3 brings about suspension and banning.

I don't wanna hear another word out of you. We're through.

I think Omni's post here sums up my view of what the Escapist has come to.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.124112?page=2#2552739

I know it seemed like Flaming and I know Nil will suspend me for it, but what Omni said was true. People assume that their opinions are fact and throw away everyone else's views on it.

I'm trying to establish that the three consoles are equal, and despite what I said in the past, you shouldn't be fighting so much over it.

Face it. The Ps3 has exclusives. It's a good console. It's sold well. It has great hardware. It's reasonably priced. Nothing any of you say will change that, no matter what you say. Guess what? The same is true for every console.

Don't blame me for being a fanboy when threads like "How Sony lost the game" and "Sony gets another title, but nobody cares" get started here.

You don't see me starting threads throwing out my opinions as facts, do you

Yes, I'm not going to deny the facts. They're in a bit of hot water right now. They have suffered a few issues. Alot of people here can validate their choice to get a 360. I see all that.

But stop with "Sony lost this generation" and "Sony can't game". It's immature.
You just don't get it, I mentioned the PS3's exclusives AS A POSITIVE for Sony and the PS3. Do you not recognise that? I am merely saying that is NOT ENOUGH to compensate for the other shortcomings.

Why must I explain myself OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!?!

It is the LOST exclusives! I got the PS3 in 2006 (pre-ordered even) RATHER than getting an XBox 360 because there was the reputation Sony had and plenty of outright promises to get all the best franchises as exclusives. All the hype about the hardware seemed to all but guaranteed even if they came out multi-platform, then the PS3 would have the hardware to always deliver superior quality. The truth about HDCP was suppressed till it was too late.

It is like you are not really reading my posts, just picking through them for holes to exploit. That is how forums die. You want Escapist to end up like GT forums?

You are also the WORST hypocrite:

"Don't blame me for being a fanboy"

"But stop with (criticisms of Sony). It's immature."

You go on complaining that "People assume that their opinions are fact and throw away everyone else's views on it." It seems it is the other way around to be that you are mistaking the facts I have provided with my opinions. And in a final act of hypocrisy after transforming facts into opinions you broadly dismiss them right after you had complained that "fanboys" would just "throw away everyone else's views on it."

Do you really thing this is a reasonable way to conduct a discussion? If you found a Wii or PC fan acting in the same way would you not expect them to be banned?

Omni and other are NOT getting banned because they merely defend PS3... it is HOW they do it with such inflammatory and disruptive methods, the same methods that you use.

Shape up your internet etiquette, people have a right to be critical of corporations that are charging them hundreds/thousands of dollars. Stay on topic to the ISSUES brought up... but you had to make it personal.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Treblaine said:
Excuse me. I am trying to make a bit of equality here. Sony didn't lose the game. That's an opinion. They're doing rather well infact. They're behind the others, but they're still doing well. But everytime I stroll this forum, it becomes nothing more than an exaggerated popularity poll saying how just because the PS3 isn't the most popular, it's somehow the worst.

I really don't have a problem with people being critical, but it's when they start showing their bias and trying to say that they somehow know how the industry will turn out that it becomes annoying beyond all belief.

I'll gladly concede this argument when you admit that most people have almost nothing to go on but popularity polls in this.

There's a difference between not liking any games for a system and a system not having any games.

If anything, I'm taking Omni's view on this. I'm not gonna argue in favor of any console, but I will call out any blatant criticisms with no grounds.

And for the record, not once did I drag any of the other consoles or users through the mud just to prove a point. So if you think I'm some kind of ignorant fanboy, think again.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
Excuse me. I am trying to make a bit of equality here. Sony didn't lose the game. That's an opinion. They're doing rather well infact. They're behind the others, but they're still doing well. But everytime I stroll this forum, it becomes nothing more than an exaggerated popularity poll saying how just because the PS3 isn't the most popular, it's somehow the worst.

I really don't have a problem with people being critical, but it's when they start showing their bias and trying to say that they somehow know how the industry will turn out that it becomes annoying beyond all belief.

I'll gladly concede this argument when you admit that most people have almost nothing to go on but popularity polls in this.

There's a difference between not liking any games for a system and a system not having any games.

If anything, I'm taking Omni's view on this. I'm not gonna argue in favor of any console, but I will call out any blatant criticisms with no grounds.

And for the record, not once did I drag any of the other consoles or users through the mud just to prove a point. So if you think I'm some kind of ignorant fanboy, think again.
Did I post a popularity poll?

Did I say Sony "Lost the game" or make wild Prachter-eque predictions about Sony's future?

No.

People are entitled to their opinions, this is not a dictatorship and you are no dictator, if someone thinks the PS3 is the worst console then DAMMIT they have every right to say it! More fool on them if you happen to think they are wrong, educate them if you are so inclined but don't go on a crusade like some obnoxious picketer trying to brow beat them into backing down.

"I'll gladly concede this argument when you admit that most people have almost nothing to go on but popularity polls in this"

Completely irrelevant. I don't care what other people think or what you think other people think. I care about GAMES CONSOLES and if anyone disagrees with me on any points I make then I'd LOVE to hear their explanation for why they hold their stance. Enough with this persecution complex you seem to have over Sony, it is counter-productive and unrealistic.

But simply saying something like "your just a fanboy, your opinions don't count, neenerr neenerr neee nerr!" in response to a criticism is pointless. And then it descends into hypocrisy, personal attacks and further disruptive tactics. Anything but actually talk about the topic at hand.

This "argument" is about the shortcomings of the PS3 and how the problem is with the very guy who gave the interview which started this bloody thread. These Sony CEOs haven't got a clue, they are out of touch and have no vision, they are not suited to the job and should be retired. That is my opinion. I have facts to back it up such as the many bone headed quotes they made (that were never retracted) but if you are so intolerant you can't deal with someone having a different opinion and refuse to explore their perspective... then get off the internet as you won't like it here.

But Escapist forum members... unless they are disrupting a thread with irrelevant and inflammatory bullshit (aka trolling) then they are irrelevant to the real issues of THE GAMES!

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Treblaine said:
I never once said they didn't have a right to their opinions. I was just insinuating that someone who tries to push their opinions as a fact is in the wrong.

I personally think the execs are just having a hard time pleasing the fanbase, because nobody is happy no matter what concession they make, and they're getting a bit sloppy trying to please everyone. That's my opinion, and if you want me to back it up, then ask everyone on this site. There are a hundred things supposedly "wrong" with the PS3 that everyone apparently thinks is easy to fix. Even the repeated complaints aren't clear. Some people want the price to drop 100 dollars, others want it to drop 200-300 dollars (*coughActivisioncough*) and to top it all off, some even want it as cheap as the old Ps2. The DSi gets by with a pass because it's introducing a new store, yet the Psp Go gets slammed because it's ugly. Everyone forgets it's getting a store too. And for some reason people think that because it's not selling as well as Nintendo means it's crap, which is such a stupid statement, for the simple reason that you're trying to say it's crap when clearly it isn't. You may think it's crap, but by no means is it crap in real life. You're trying to prove that a piece of hardware is bad, so pardon me if I don't see it. Also, if Sony dropped the price and instituted an online fee, then everyone would get mad, because they'd complain that Microsoft did it first and they're being unoriginal and that Sony should drop out because they never made one good console because I only play XBOX and gamecube and the Ps2 was a crappy DVD player that had 0 games on it and blah blah blah. That is what I'm hearing on a day to day basis here, yet I've yet to see anything not inflammatory. I'm trying to explore your views on this in your perspective, but I'm having a hard time seeing what is so wrong. Pardon me if I don't have high standards.

Sony can't win when it comes to the fans, and will always get hate no matter what they do. Project Natal is hailed as a success for the 360, Sony's wand is labeled garbage. Sony has no exclusives. Microsoft has every one. Microsoft is innocent, Sony is guilty. Ps3 fans get banned. 360 fans get praise.

So you know what? It's a futile war that can't be won at this point due to the divisions of the hatedom, but I give them points for trying. THAT is why I'm optimistic for the future of the PS3. It may not deliver the best, but it's still promising me games, so I can't complain. As a gamer, I am happy, and I truly feel sorry for those who skip past so many good titles because they don't conform to their level of perfection.

That is my two cents on the matter.

Again, despite what I've said before, I'm not trying to stop freedom of opinion, since the Escapist welcomes opinions. I'm just showing my grief over people who think they know the industry inside and out.

Oh, and one more thing. About the multiplatform issue, I honestly don't notice differences between the versions. They're fun after all, aren't they? Nobody is forcing you to buy the "inferior" versions. Be happy the system has them. Multiplat games should be uniting gamers together, so don't knock it.

And if you don't think people can be hateful snobs on this site, don't forget there was a thread mere hours ago that went on 5 pages, being solely about a certain someone being banned....

I won't name names, though. Not adding fuel to that fire.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
I never once said they didn't have a right to their opinions. I was just insinuating that someone who tries to push their opinions as a fact is in the wrong.

I personally think the execs are just having a hard time pleasing the fanbase, because nobody is happy no matter what concession they make, and they're getting a bit sloppy trying to please everyone. That's my opinion, and if you want me to back it up, then ask everyone on this site. There are a hundred things supposedly "wrong" with the PS3 that everyone apparently thinks is easy to fix.

I'm trying to explore your views on this in your perspective, but I'm having a hard time seeing what is so wrong. Pardon me if I don't have high standards.
Well you are pretty quick to dismiss everyone's opinion. I mean to carry on a conversation while refusing to consider their opinion... I don't think that is very fair and that is exactly what you have been doing.

But enough of that. Now to the consoles:

Now Tretton in all his wisdom said it can't get any worse than 2008. Well biggest reason 2008 was so crap is they showed Killzone 2 gameplay footage for the THIRD E3 IN A ROW yet said it wouldn't release till next year. And then once released it barely sold better than SW: The Force Unleashed. I rented it. My opinion: only worth a Rental.

I suspect 2009 will be better but can never be as good as they want, never even close to the glory days of PS2 and PS1 or even what they expected 2006 to be.

The problem is the top brass at Sony seem to have NO CLUE about what people want. It is not about pleasing everyone, they only seem to know how to please them-self, they are far too used to setting the standard and having everyone follow.

They say the new PSP needs to be smaller and lighter and the use of UMDs, and USB ports are irrelevant, even if you have generated a big collection of UMD based PSP games. What people wanted was something like the DSi, better controls as in a 2nd analogue nub or even a pair of proper analogue sticks. Old UMDs would be backward compatible, just don't use the other thumb stick. However those games could be easily patched as well as new games taking full use of dual analogues.

The PSP always had the advantage over the DS in 3D rendering yet was always ham-stung by the how in a 3D world you need good camera control yet using face buttons or shoulder buttons is awkward and defeats the purpose. Now Sony is encouraging iphone like mini-games for the PSPgo with pick up and play kinda features but that defeats the purposes of having such a powerful machine! The iphone can do that, better, and cheaper.

Sony will find no success with PSP.

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
I don't really see the big deal here haha, I just bought a PS3 yesterday and $699 NZD is nothing?!

Also I got sick of live subscriptions and having to pay for every peripheral.

But meh, each to their own, this thread is derailing fast though!

-Joe

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
I don't know what this man is talking about. We did not buy a DVD player because we needed one, we did not buy a digital player or Blu-Ray player. WE BOUGHT A VIDEO GAME SYSTEM, SO WE COULD PLAY VIDEO GAMES. Sony has forgotten that everything around a game system is padding! I like the idea that I don't have to buy a DVD player if I have a PS3, but that is not why I bought it.

I suppose in having Playstation around so long, we forget that Sony has been involved with technology for a long time that aren't video game systems. This man is still thinking in terms of radios and TV sets. He's not thinking in a gamer mentality, and this may be one reason why he's dutifully leading the Playstation 3 into the lake of fire.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Treblaine said:
They say the new PSP needs to be smaller and lighter and the use of UMDs, and USB ports are irrelevant, even if you have generated a big collection of UMD based PSP games. What people wanted was something like the DSi, better controls as in a 2nd analogue nub or even a pair of proper analogue sticks. Old UMDs would be backward compatible, just don't use the other thumb stick. However those games could be easily patched as well as new games taking full use of dual analogues.

The PSP always had the advantage over the DS in 3D rendering yet was always ham-stung by the how in a 3D world you need good camera control yet using face buttons or shoulder buttons is awkward and defeats the purpose. Now Sony is encouraging iphone like mini-games for the PSPgo with pick up and play kinda features but that defeats the purposes of having such a powerful machine! The iphone can do that, better, and cheaper.

Sony will find no success with PSP.
Because selling 50 million units is not a success? Because just surviving against Nintendo for all these years is somehow not a success? Because providing substantial competition against Nintendo is a bad thing? I guarantee you that if the PSP wasn't as much of a success as none of you give credit for, the DSi would have come a lot later (fortunately or unfortunately for some people)

I do not know if this is true, but I have heard of convertion boxes at retailers to convert your UMD games to the Go. But even then, couldn't you just transfer your saved data to it anyway?

Something like the DSi? I was under the impression that the DSi is a heavy ripoff on many testifies of consumers and people on this site alone. The DSi is exactly like the PSP Go, how is the DSi what people "want"? The need for two analog sticks on the PSP is heavily exagerated, the DS goes fine without any nubs, and the only real genre you need a second nub for is an FPS or a few other games. And please tell me, how would a game that requires the use of two sticks, play on a PSP with one stick? This is why the 2 sticks would only be reserved for a true successor of a PSP, ala the PSP2. And don't tell me "multiple control schemes!" because that makes two nubs obsolete.

And now to the app store thing and the "power" of the PSP, why the hell shouldn't the PSP have some sort of app store? Hell, this article [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.118789] states that without one it would fail! Not saying that that article is fact, but you can see the insane amount of different opinions on everything Sony does, yet all of them center around "Sony will fail".

Frankly, I couldn't give a damn anymore. As long as I get my games that I expect from Sony, I'm happy. The problem is, people seem so inclined to be the first to call Sony a "failure" that they repeat the memes from 2006 over and over again. Please explain to me, how is the PSP not a success? It's sold over 50 million, and it's survived against Nintendo for 4 years so far. Regardless of how much it's being supported, it's still supported.

ingsoc

Feb 12, 2008
TundraWolf said:
I really don't think there's going to be a big issue with Sony making a decent profit this year. I mean, the one complaint that I've always heard from people has been that the PS3 doesn't have enough games to warrant buying it. But, with recent releases, and the amazing amount of upcoming releases in the remainder of this year and next, I feel pretty confident in saying that the PS3 is going to see a marked increase in sales.

Which is good for everyone, I think.
You can also say that both the 360 and Wii do not have enough games worth buying those systems for. For my money, the PS3 is the best deal because it has the best games. Too bad it is too bloody expensive and I am not about to shell out more than $250 for a three year old piece of technology. Not happening. I made the mistake of buying a 360 at launch. Luckily for me, it red ringed shortly thereafter and I got back every penny I paid for it, though I did lose a few dollars on games, bought a Wii and quickly realized that it is nothing more than an overpriced underperforming trinket not worthy of my time and got rid of that. As soon as the Sony takes their collective heads out of their fourth point of contact and finally drops the price to a reasonable level, I will buy one.

boholikeu

Aug 18, 2008
Well Sony, you might have a potential customer here if you lower the price of your system. From the responses on this/other boards I don't think I'm alone, either.

As it currently stands though I'm looking at the DS for my next major game purchase, which means that unless Sony drops their price before that I probably won't get a PS3 until late 2010 or 2011.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Bends-you-over said:
I love the argument against the ps3 that its too expensive. yes when it came out the highest grade ( the 40g at the time) was 600 big ones. Now you can get the 160g with uncharted for only $500. and now you can find the 40g for $300.... i dont own one so i have to ask, how much is an elite?
$400, I'd get the Pro for $300 though. Unless you plan on using HDMI.

TundraWolf said:
Goldbling said:
The PS3 is losing exclusives as well, like FF13 and MGS.
Fair enough. But can you list more than five XBox exclusives that are coming out in the near future? Because I can only give you a handful: Halo 3: ODST, Dead Rising 2 and Crackdown 2. Everything else that is making big waves these days are either PS3 exclusives, PC gaming products, or multi-platform releases. Yes, even stuff like Mass Effect is now expanding to the PS3. Meanwhile, I could probably list you double-digits worth of exciting exclusive titles for the PS3 that are going to be released in the near future.
There's Halo 3: ODST, Crackdown 2, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Left 4 Dead 2, Halo: Reach, Mass Effect 2, APB. This is counting "console exclusives" of course (games on 360 and PC only).

I could name more but those are basically the one's I'm keeping track of. Here's a list of 360 games. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games] Sort by date and scroll down to '09 and you'll see what games are coming out and which are exclusive.

Here's the PS3's list for reference. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games]

BTW, Dead Rising 2 isn't 360 exclusive and what's this about Mass Effect on PS3?

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
I can't see it making a profit without a heavy pricecut, the tech in it is so dated it's not funny (7800 series GPU....yeah, real cutting edge).

cavsfan69

Jul 8, 2009
Sony has never herd of the classic "cant get any worse" jinx. This year will probably be worse now. (sigh)

TundraWolf

Dec 6, 2008
Eldritch Warlord said:
TundraWolf said:
Goldbling said:
The PS3 is losing exclusives as well, like FF13 and MGS.
Fair enough. But can you list more than five XBox exclusives that are coming out in the near future? Because I can only give you a handful: Halo 3: ODST, Dead Rising 2 and Crackdown 2. Everything else that is making big waves these days are either PS3 exclusives, PC gaming products, or multi-platform releases. Yes, even stuff like Mass Effect is now expanding to the PS3. Meanwhile, I could probably list you double-digits worth of exciting exclusive titles for the PS3 that are going to be released in the near future.
There's Halo 3: ODST, Crackdown 2, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Left 4 Dead 2, Halo: Reach, Mass Effect 2, APB. This is counting "console exclusives" of course (games on 360 and PC only).

I could name more but those are basically the one's I'm keeping track of. Here's a list of 360 games. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games] Sort by date and scroll down to '09 and you'll see what games are coming out and which are exclusive.

Here's the PS3's list for reference. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games]

BTW, Dead Rising 2 isn't 360 exclusive and what's this about Mass Effect on PS3?
Well, thanks for the heads-up about those. I wasn't considering the "console exclusive" angle, though I suppose that does make sense in this day and age. Still, being someone who owns all three consoles and a PC, the 360 plays second fiddle to my PC in those terms. I still regard the PC as a legitimate gaming "console", at least insofar as that it can play games as well as the 360 and PS3, so I don't really buy that it should be disregarded in this debate. But maybe that's just me.

As for the Mass Effect/PS3 thing, I did some more research and realized I had gotten my games confused. I had read an article where Greg Zaschuk, the vice-president of BioWare, was talking about how excited they were to finally be developing for the PS3, and I assumed that they were referring to work on Mass Effect 2. My mistake, though, as they were talking about Dragon Age: Origins, though there have been rumors circulating about BioWare developing ME2 for PS3 as well. Admittedly, the official press release announcement didn't mention a PS3 version, so it won't be coming out at the same time as the 360 version, if at all, so take those rumors as you will.

Exciting that Dead Rising 2 isn't 360-exclusive, though. That makes me kind of happy.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
Actually, what gets people banned is when they work themselves up into such a frenzy they start flaming the whole community.

I sympathise with PS3 owners, I really do, but my sympathy runs dry when they start throwing tantrums. I know it's no fun putting up with constant jibes, but it really isn't worth losing your temper over.

Zombie Izzard

Jul 1, 2009
I think gaming consoles should be about gaming first then if they wanted to add all the other bells and whistles afterwards.

I got no problem with the PS3 but their aren't enough games that I want for it to justify its purchase to ME.