Playstation State of Play 25/02/21

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Was Weiss the reason why it was bad? And not its horrendous gameplay?
Eh...Weiss wasn't the reason, but Weiss certainly didn't help. At best, Weiss was a nonentity for the vast majority of the game, and a generic fanatic for most of the remainder. And for most of that remainder he's...not really himself. He spends most of the game dead, and then he's alive but possessed by Hojo, and then as soon as he becomes himself again he literally transforms into Omega Weapon. For most intents and purposes, Weiss is little more than a placeholder, with little to make him stand out for good or for ill. So while seeing him is not necessarily an "oh no, this guy..." moment, it is a bit odd that the structure of the trailer implies that the devs think we should be hyped by the reveal that he's evidently making an appearance.

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So here I thought the PS5 FF7 Remake Intergarde thing was a package deal that you just had to spend 70 bucks on, but if you got the game on PS4 it's a free upgrade with the DLC sold seperately. Which is something I did not expect from Square, so good on them for that. Dude at the end of the trailer though... Looks like Nomura couldn't hold his load on this remake afterall.

Aiddon

Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
Country
United States
Eh...Weiss wasn't the reason, but Weiss certainly didn't help. At best, Weiss was a nonentity for the vast majority of the game, and a generic fanatic for most of the remainder. And for most of that remainder he's...not really himself. He spends most of the game dead, and when he's alive he's either possessed by Hojo, and as soon as he becomes himself again he literally transforms into Omega Weapon. For most intents and purposes, Weiss is little more than a placeholder, with little to make him stand out for good or for ill. So while seeing him is not necessarily an "oh no, this guy..." moment, it is a bit odd that the structure of the trailer implies that the devs think we should be hyped by the reveal that he's evidently making an appearance.
Yeah, the entire game was hot garbage whether in game design or narrative. In fact, the entire Compilation was garbage that didn't really accomplish anything

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah, the entire game was hot garbage whether in game design or narrative. In fact, the entire Compilation was garbage that didn't really accomplish anything
Gasp! Crisis Core was awesome you take that back!

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

So this is interesting. Final Fantasy 7 Remake is the big FREE PS+ game for March.

However according to reports, if you get the PS+ Free game, you will NOT get the free upgrade to the PS5 version. Which is interesting I guess. It's kind of a weird move, but it's also fair I feel. Because you'll either buy the upgrade, or you already bought the game and the upgrade is free. I think it's a perfectly fair trade off.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

So this is interesting. Final Fantasy 7 Remake is the big FREE PS+ game for March.

However according to reports, if you get the PS+ Free game, you will NOT get the free upgrade to the PS5 version. Which is interesting I guess. It's kind of a weird move, but it's also fair I feel. Because you'll either buy the upgrade, or you already bought the game and the upgrade is free. I think it's a perfectly fair trade off.

As long as it doesn’t mean that any PS+ titles you picked up on PS4 won’t work on PS5 whenever you get one. The upgrade is more a title-specific thing I’m guessing?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
As long as it doesn’t mean that any PS+ titles you picked up on PS4 won’t work on PS5 whenever you get one. The upgrade is more a title-specific thing I’m guessing?
They will work, but they will remain the ps4 versions. But so long as you remained subbed to PS+ you'll be able to play any and all ps4 titles that you've claimed.

Source: I have a PS5 and have done this.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Alienware

Elite Member
Apr 10, 2020
Country
Canada
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Probably not though.

How about info on Horizon 2, God of War 5? or 2?

They announced today that Gran Turismo has been pushed back to 2022 so I doubt we'll see that which is a bummer to me because I like racing sims here and there.

Also we'll get a trailer for Oddworld again i think, because I believe it's coming in June.

Ghostwire Tokyo, Deathloop.

Honestly it's likely to be more info on the games we saw during the Ps5 reveal that have been quiet since. Like Returnal and that Kikiro Spirits game whatever that actiony pikmon-y game.
Omg are you kidding me? Gran Turismo is one of the reasons why I am getting a PS5 with Ratchet & clank, Final fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 and cyberpunk... Guess I am going to wait some more before purchasing my ps5...

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Omg are you kidding me? Gran Turismo is one of the reasons why I am getting a PS5 with Ratchet & clank, Final fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 and cyberpunk... Guess I am going to wait some more before purchasing my ps5...
Nice avatar! :D

You'll need a PS5 to play the Yuffie DLC, it's is PS5 exclusive.

Reactions: Alienware

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Late to the party just saw the state of play this morning due to lots of work. All I can say is overall some good stuff.

Kena is looking real nice.
I am liking the way Crash is looking on the console.
I am shedding tears for the great Cawthorne the man's come up is just nonstop
Returnal is roguestyle but with big money graphics its has my attention.
Knockout City seems alright.
Oddworld on the come up is always great that is probably one of the most underappreciated universes in gaming.

Honestly this Yuffie DLC has me pretty hyped for FF7 remake. I was going to wait and see a get it later but this dlc and graphics show case has me hooked and more hyped than the initial announcement.

Overall while I heard nothing of Ratchet and Clank and Horizon but I am cool with that they are coming and I see more games for the library when I get PS5 down the line.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States

Me being a patient gamer pans out I don't even have a PS5 yet so Yuffie DLC will be down the line. But free FF7 can't complain.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
It is the best free thing they have ever offered.
I’d be more upset having already paid for it but the free one doesn’t come with all that sweet collector’s edition loot. It will be nice to just install the fully updated digital version though.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
They announced the Oddworld Soulstorm game is supposed to be part of April's ps plus games too, which apparently looks to be only the PS5 version unfortunately. But don't forget you can still add the PS5 titles to your library through the store app, and possibly the online store? I haven't tested the latter though. Either way, totally looks worth bagging, and the series has a unique charm even on its worse days. Been eyeing up the Switch store lately as it were dangling Stranger's Wrath and Munch's Odyssee on sale like the big tease it is!

oh, link, right: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-02-25-oddworld-soulstorm-is-the-ps5-ps-plus-game-for-april

Last edited: