Please help! Mouse troubles!

Jamess

Jun 9, 2008
I have a Dell Latitude D630 laptop and a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000. When I first got the mouse it worked fine right when I plugged it in. However I had virus trouble and had to get my computer wiped. My teacher at school reinstalled all the initial software, yet for some reason the mouse won't work. My computer keeps saying it's trying to install and then that it was installed unsuccessfully. I even tried a buddy of mine's mouse that I know for a fact works, and my computer still won't use it. It seems fine, but the pointer just won't move. Any ideas on how to help? Thanks.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
You need to download the pointer drivers from the dell website and move them over to your computer. As of now, it has none of them so it doesn't recognize the mice.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Download and install the drivers for the mouse

http://driverscollection.com/?H=Wireless%20Notebook%20Optical%20Mouse%203000&By=Microsoft

Jamess

Jun 9, 2008
I went into control panel and system and tried to reinstall the driver but the wizard says "there was an error installing this hardware: Microsoft Wireless Mouse (intellipoint). Data error cyclic redundancy check" what does that even mean :S

pompom8volt

May 21, 2009
Jamess said:
I went into control panel and system and tried to reinstall the driver but the wizard says "there was an error installing this hardware: Microsoft Wireless Mouse (intellipoint). Data error cyclic redundancy check" what does that even mean :S
Get a new mouse? =P

Jamess

Jun 9, 2008
I went in to install that driver you suggested but my computer said it already was installed :s. this is really weird and I am no computer genious

Calobi

Dec 29, 2007
Uninstall the driver. Or, try a different USB port. Sometimes, the drivers will mess up and then that port will be useless for that device until they are removed.