Pokémon: Any other "shiny virgins" out there?

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
lost my virginity to a shiny pink lugia back in silver.

...........yeah that sounds totally correct and everything.
(Also the concept of "shiny chaining". *shudder*. Back in the day everything was waaaay better. [and less probable])

ModReap

Gatekeeper
Apr 3, 2008
I found a shiny weedle once in silver.

Thought it was a glitch and ran away from the battle though.

Skoosh

Jun 19, 2009
I have played every game since Red numerous times, and I have only just very recent come across my first (and second) shinies. On White 2, I found a shiny Roggenrola, woo! Not bad at all. And then later, in the very same cave I found...a shiny Boldore! Hahaha. So I have 2 shinies in the same family.

You know, not counting event shinies (like the legendary dogs, etc), gyarados, and my brand new shiny dragonite from the tree. All great, but not quite the same as coming across one in the wild.

Oh, I did get pokerus a long time ago though, and I've kept it through the generations and shared it among my friends, very nice stuff.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Got a Shiny Ditto in Heartgold, and I put way less time into the games than the OP.

Tried to trade it for an other-game-exclusive or something, but nobody offered anything good.

Elvaril

Dec 31, 2010
My shiny story is a tale of woe. I was playing Crystal doing that pokemon catching event in the park when all of a sudden a shiny Butterfree appeared. I was so excited and caught it right away. What I should have done after that was immediately ended the event and saved, but I decided to finish the event normally just in case there was another pokemon I had not caught yet that I could then catch and release. Suddenly my mother called me from the other room to go empty the dishwasher, so I set my GBA down on the couch and went to do my chore. I finished and came back only to discover that my GBA had been turned off. I asked my father about it and he said that he had turned it off because I was wasting the batteries by just leaving it on. I was crushed. It is the only shiny that I have ever seen or caught (excluding red gyrados) and I only owned it for a few brief minutes.

krugerrand123

Apr 6, 2010
I have only found one shiny Pokemon, and that was in Pokemon pearl. It was a golden geodude, and I managed to catch it, but the next day, my friend erased my data on accident while playing.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
Never got why people wanted shiny Pokemon so much, their shiny animation at the start of every battle was annoying as f**k.
Haha this. It really is fucking annoying how the animation delays the start of every fight.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
Found two;

The gen 2 raticate clone before I had any pokeballs. Had to kill it. :~(

Gen 3, Peliper (Wingul*) caught. It sucks. Water/flying = x4 weak to eletric.

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
Leemaster777 said:
It took me awhile, but I found my first shiny ever in Pearl. And it's actually a funny story.

I was EV training in the haunted house, and I randomly found a shiny Gastly (with sexy blue smoke, no less). I caught it, praised Arceus for my good fortune, and returned to the Pokemon Center.

Upon returning to the Pokemon Center, I received a message that I had never seen before: Nurse Joy told me that I had contracted Pokerus. So, not only had that Gastly been shiny, but it ALSO had Pokerus. If you're not aware, the odds for encountering a Pokemon with Pokerus are actually LOWER than the odds for encountering a shiny.

What are the freaking odds that I'd find one with BOTH? (Seriously, what are the odds? I'm sure there's some math master out there that can tell me. The odds of a shiny are 1/8192, and the odds of Pokerus are 3/65536. Get on that, math nerds.)
All you have to do is multiply the odds together, i.e. 8192 X (65536/3) to get 1 in 178956970 and some change. It doesn't get much easier than that and math is by far my weakest subject.