Pokemon Black and White: Who's your favorite Pokemon so far?

TheDrHuw

Jul 23, 2009
for me 1st place goes to good old Cofagrigus

[http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f8/563Cofagrigus.png]

but a close tie for second between Golurk, Bisharp and Chandelure

Drunkenclam

Mar 2, 2011
NuclearPenguin said:
Drunkenclam said:
El Poncho said:
Whimsicott is my favourite;D

LOOK AT THE AFRO, LOOK AT IT
I really wana kill that ugly wart...it's a terrible pokemon
Its an amazing pokémon.
Mischievous Heart makes it fucking unstoppable.
I haven't played the game so I don't know of it's good or not but it looks terrible..

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
Drunkenclam said:
NuclearPenguin said:
Drunkenclam said:
El Poncho said:

Its an amazing pokémon.
I haven't played the game so I don't know of it's good or not but it looks terrible..
Its adorable and it has an afro.
An afro.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
w@rew0lf said:
Do you have a DSi and the passcode to your router? If you do then you can use WPA connections. If you have a Lite or a Brick, I can't help.
Mine's a Lite. Thanks anyway. Guess I'll have to wait a bit for it. :/

NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:
NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:
NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:
Bobbity said:
Jharry5 said:
I only got White today, and I've only played it for an hour or so. At the moment, besides Oshawott, I like this little guy a lot at the moment.

Also, I like the look of Victini, but my DS won't connect to the internet for some reason...
[sub]Could anyone give me any advice for that?[/sub]
Do you know what sort of wifi you have?
Unfortunately, I'm not sure. I'm useless at that sort of thing. I think it's a WPA though.

NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:
I only got White today, and I've only played it for an hour or so. At the moment, besides Oshawott, I like this little guy a lot at the moment.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lillipup_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Also, I like the look of Victini, but my DS won't connect to the internet for some reason...
It needs to be set to WEP not WPA.
Ah right... how would I do that?
Go into your router settings.
For me (Linksys) it's something along the lines of 192.168.1.1 into my browser.
Then Wireless Security should be somewhere
Then change it.
You will lose wireless for all other PCs in the house, just so you know.
Thanks for the tip, and thanks for the heads up as well. Can't imagine my housemates appreciating losing the internet. I'll find a way round it. Thanks again anyway.
You could always wait for the 3DS and hope Nintendo decides to become competent.
True, but I'll probably give the 3DS a miss, as I doubt they'd suddenly become competent when it comes to this.

[sub]And that's before I get onto the price.[/sub]
You seem to have forgotten the battery time. Its almost an entire lessons worth!
You're right, how did I forget? I might have to reconsider...

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
Jharry5 said:
w@rew0lf said:
Do you have a DSi and the passcode to your router? If you do then you can use WPA connections. If you have a Lite or a Brick, I can't help.

NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:
NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:
NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:
Bobbity said:
Jharry5 said:

Unfortunately, I'm not sure. I'm useless at that sort of thing. I think it's a WPA though.

NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:

Then change it.
Thanks for the tip, and thanks for the heads up as well. Can't imagine my housemates appreciating losing the internet. I'll find a way round it. Thanks again anyway.
You could always wait for the 3DS and hope Nintendo decides to become competent.
True, but I'll probably give the 3DS a miss, as I doubt they'd suddenly become competent when it comes to this.

You seem to have forgotten the battery time. Its almost an entire lessons worth!
Reconsider burning a pile of cash?
I'll bring the beer.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Yes! Nobody has said my favourite yet!

Hit 'em with it!

He rocks with Ingrain, Toxic, Giga Drain, and whatever brute force attack move you'd like.

Also, Emboar is my favourite starter.

I usually pick the grass or water starter, so I decided to go with the Fire this time.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
The new pokemon games actually got me kinda interested in it again. Too bad Nintendo DSes are so expensive. Btw, did Black and White do away with all the previous pokemon or did I get bad information?

azukar

Sep 7, 2009
You know, I looked through the whole list of 5Gen Pokemon just now, and I can't find any one that really stands out for me.

Hihidaruma (that's Darmanitan to you) is kind-of cool with its end-game ability, and the Hitomoshi (Litwick) family look funky, but that's about it. Even the legendary mons don't really do it for me.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:
w@rew0lf said:

NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:
NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:
NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:
Bobbity said:
Jharry5 said:

NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:

Then change it.

I'll bring the beer.
Well, if there's some cash burning, might as well get something to roast on it.
[sub]Do marshmellows even go with beer?[/sub]
LetalisK said:
The new pokemon games actually got me kinda interested in it again. Too bad Nintendo DSes are so expensive. Btw, did Black and White do away with all the previous pokemon or did I get bad information?
You can only catch new ones until you've completed that region's Pokedex. Then you can import Gen. IV ones (I think).

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
Jharry5 said:
NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:
w@rew0lf said:

NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:
NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:
NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:
Bobbity said:
Jharry5 said:

NuclearPenguin said:
Jharry5 said:

Then change it.

I'll bring the beer.
Well, if there's some cash burning, might as well get something to roast on it.
[sub]Do marshmellows even go with beer?[/sub]
LetalisK said:
You can only catch new ones until you've completed that region's Pokedex. Then you can import Gen. IV ones (I think).
No but beer goes well with fire and marshmallows go well with fire so yes.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
NuclearPenguin said:
Drunkenclam said:
El Poncho said:

Its an amazing pokémon.
Isn't Mischievous Heart the fan translated version for the ROMS that it's really Prankster?

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
NuclearPenguin said:
Drunkenclam said:
El Poncho said:

Its an amazing pokémon.
Isn't Mischievous Heart the fan translated version for the ROMS that it's really Prankster?
Probably, I gave up on trying to learn names.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Either Krookadile because he's so incredibly strong or Samurott because I less than three water type.

Currently, my team looks like this:

I didn't want to use him at first, but he became essential when I went up against the flying gym leader. Now I kind of have a soft spot for him. Plus, he's really fast.

Every team needs at least one normal type... and I honestly only got Cinccino because it was adawwwwible. Plus, he's fast and can hit pretty hard... I normally just use a sing/tickle/tail slap combo for a pretty quick kill.

I never really used ground type, so I thought I would start with one that looks really cool and has high attack. And he's also dark type so it would give me something that I'm more used to.

I always pick the water starter. Always.

I also have a thing for psychic type. I don't really know why. This Pokemon is pretty terrible, though, and I'm probably going to switch it out for Victini when I can.

Easily the dumbest names ever are from Gen V. But hey, I needed a fighting type and while Sawk and Throh are alright, I liked this one better.

This list is definitely going to change once I beat the game. I just got to the Elite Four, so I haven't been able to Exp. Share grind so I'm working with what I've got.