Pokemon Black and White: Who's your favorite Pokemon so far?

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
I have become a huge fan of both Leavanny and Scrafty. Unfortunately I still do not how to post pictures so you will have to deal with text, unless someone is kind enough to share the method. Anyway, these two are both major bosses. If not these guys, then Golurk.

Vesuvius Hetlan

Sep 3, 2010
J03bot said:
Currently loving Excadrill. It's a big ass mole with huge attack, what's not to like?
Its defenses. THEY SUCK. But I do respect their attack and speed.

My favorites?
Wottson the Samurott. He's a fricken Samurott. I don't need a damn reason.

Genji the Sawk. I ran into my Sawk by mistake. After a massacre against Lenora's Herdier I asserted that my team needed to shape up. I headed towards pinwheel forest and I saw a shaking patch of grass. Thinking the patch of shaking grass in the outer pinwheel forest to be a Walking bundle of Exp points Audino I jumped on it. He stepped out of the grass pounded his chest and said "Come at me bro." And I did. I caught him. And ever since he joined the team he has proved himself again and again, including one-shotting ghesteit's Hydreigon, and almost soloing Grimsley's team.

Daisy the Krookodile. I spent almost two hours looking for a female sandile with moxie. But when I caught her... in the first battle I had her take down two other higher leveled sandiles. She's turned out to be a Calm nature. She's my sweeper and actually soloed Caitlin. Because Focus Blast MISSED.

Gunbuster the Golurk. Its a mecha and it can learn fly!

pendragonown

Apr 14, 2009
Darmanitan. Gotta be Darmanitan. With it's ability plus STAB it makes fire punch do 212 damage instead of the normal 75. It kills just about everything in 1 hit. Even water types.

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
I've got Black right now, and I've only just started, but so far...well, my favorite right now is Patrat. For a Normal-type, he's been extremely useful. I can't wait to see what else this game has in store.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
This is my team and they are my favorites, because they are my team and I wouldn't put a non-favorite in my team until I had fully trained all favorites:

ProfessorLayton said:
I find your lack of a flier disturbing. As you said you have a thing for Psychic types. I recommend Sigilyph. It is Psychic/Flying, so it will fill both your needs in that department. I know each one will be different but mine has very well-rounded stats and it has the ability Magic Guard which makes it so it only takes damage from attacks, so it can't be hurt if it is poisoned or take damage from hail or sandstorm.

Now I have never run a straight normal type in any of my teams in any game leading up to the Elite Four. The only normal types I have trained were normal/flying, and that was because of the flying part. I always travel with a flier so I can get around the map faster. This time it just turned out that Sigilyph turned out to be more powerful and interesting compared to this generations three stage normal/flying type.

NuclearPenguin said:

I can't pick one.
I'm literally replacing my starter with Simisage for the rest of the game.
Hands down it is Simisage. I would never use either of the other two, uuugh, they had a chance to make three cool looking elemental monkeys and they only succeeded on one, Simisage. The other two are too girly/feminine, Simisear in its poofiness, and Simipour is blatantly feminine with that hairdo. I'm glad I chose Tepig as my starter and got Pansage as the type advantage gift Pokemon from that woman in the Dreamyard next to the first gym.

I half forgive Game Freak for the uncool fire monkey design, because they already made a cool fire monkey with Infernape:

Nostalgia

Mar 8, 2009
Jharry5 said:
LetalisK said:
The new pokemon games actually got me kinda interested in it again. Too bad Nintendo DSes are so expensive. Btw, did Black and White do away with all the previous pokemon or did I get bad information?
You can only catch new ones until you've completed that region's Pokedex. Then you can import Gen. IV ones (I think).
Not exactly. You don't need to complete the Pokedex. You just need to beat the game. Most of the older Pokemon need to be fished on routes you've already been on, as you won't suddenly find them in the grass. Finding ones in the grass are on the routes you're unable to access from Nimbasa and Opelucid going East during your first playthrough.

Ipsen

Jul 8, 2008

Art by supascrag [http://supascrag.deviantart.com/].

These two ballers. First saw it on some sandy route, and had to have this little buster in my team. Not to mention some amazing typing, and dragon dance compatible.

William Ossiss

Apr 8, 2010
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/3/38/576Gothitelle.png/200px-576Gothitelle.png

and no one seems to care about her.
shame. true shame. she's a beast for taking spec damage.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009

Boom. Fuckin'. Eh.

Although Hydreigon was a royal pain-in-the-ass fighting Ghetis, now I get to be the royal pain-in-the-ass with my own. And it works beautifully (Exp Share, I love the shit out of you).

Also, obligatory favorite from White:

"TRY. I dare you. I fucking dare you."

DarthAcerbus

Jan 25, 2010
GET IT CUZ HE'S AN EAGLE.
I really like Zoroark and Carracosta. Zoroark for Illusion cuz I like having Zekrom in the back and people going OH SNAP ZEKROM. And Carracosta when it uses Shell Smash and destroys everything.

Anyone who gets all of the pop culture references of my nicknames gets a cookie.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Muta Ro said:
Prof. Monkeypox said:

I decided this before I ever got the game.

As soon as possible, I put her (mine is female) in my team and have loved her ever since.
As a poison/bug, she's not that strong, but I don't care!
I had a Scolipede on my team throughout my playthrough, she steamrolled through everything with Steamroller :D

Had one of these too, cute little electric spider <3, this generation must of been the only one I had bug pokemon in my team all the way through
Same with me. Some, maybe all, of the new bugs are too awesome not to use.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
InnerRebellion said:
I don't own the games.. hope to buy one today. Anyone want to tell me which has better exclusives?
well if your into catching pokemon white for white forest for training and access to hard to get items that cost a ton get black for black city sorry i can't really talk about the pokemon though

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
werewolfsfury said:
InnerRebellion said:
I don't own the games.. hope to buy one today. Anyone want to tell me which has better exclusives?
well if your into catching pokemon white for white forest for training and access to hard to get items that cost a ton get black for black city sorry i can't really talk about the pokemon though
Hmm. I think I'll go with White... maybe grab Black some time later.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Jharry5 said:
I only got White today, and I've only played it for an hour or so. At the moment, besides Oshawott, I like this little guy a lot at the moment.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lillipup_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Also, I like the look of Victini, but my DS won't connect to the internet for some reason...
[sub]Could anyone give me any advice for that?[/sub]
People have said that it needs to be WEP, but that's not true for Black and White (If you have a DSi). Mine is WPA and that connected fine. What I did was connect to the internet in the DS settings and used Advanced Connection. It worked fine for me. I don't think the regular DS or DS Lite can use WPA though, not sure.

NovaCascade

Oct 2, 2010
My team is made of my 6 favourites but in order they are -
#6 - Samurott - He's my favourite of the starters but doesn't seem to have the stats to go with the rest of my team. Or I've got one with straight 0 IV's...

#5 - Zebstrika - Insanely fast, Decent attack power, but I need to get it some better moves.

#4 - Reuniclus - Magic Guard is awesome, and its got the HP and defenses to take a hit or two to make up for its terrible speed.

#3 - Scolipede - It's a giant centipede!! What more do you need? How about great speed, attack power and a move pool that includes the likes of X-scissor, Poison Jab and Earthquake.

#2 - Chandelure - This seems to be one of the most popular of this generation. And for good reason.

AAAAAnd....

#1 - Ferrothorn - This thing is a freaking TANK. Insane defenses, on both sides of the spectrum, decent attack power, plus Gyro Ball running off its abyssmal speed. Oh and dont forget 10 resistances, 1 immunity and only 2 weakness. Sign Me Up!!

Novijen

Mar 5, 2011
As a long time Bug fan, Dwebble and Joltik are permanent members of my team. They are too awesome.

hilarius117

Jan 24, 2011
Sawsbuck for sure.

http://rastapickney-juls.deviantart.com/art/Autumn-Sawsbuck-198095124

(how do I insert picture?)