Pokemon Black & White, I Choose You (on March 6th)!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005

The fifth generation of the main Pokemon series will begin here in North America at the beginning of March.

I've never made any attempt at hiding my love for the Pokemon games. Despite questionable-looking new monsters with Solid Snivy, Revolver Oshawott and Tepig Boss [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105549-Black-Whites-Starter-Pokemon-Officially-Get-Named] when the game hits shelves here in the West.

Now I have a date to mark on my calendar: Pokemon Black & White will be here in North America on March 6th, Nintendo announced earlier today [http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=27063]. (Like you even thought for a moment that the Big N wouldn't bring the games over.)

While the first part of this press release could fit literally every game in the franchise since Red and Blue versions - the new titles will feature "new Pokémon that players can catch, train and battle as they progress through the game, and some Pokémon can only be caught in one version of the game" - Nintendo takes care to point out the new features, such as changing seasons and physical differences in the new region of Unova between versions.

"Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version represent a generational leap forward for the renowned series, delivering an unprecedented number of new Pokémon to catch, battle and trade," said Nintendo's PR chief Marc Franklin in an official statement. "Whether you have played the Pokémon video games before or are just getting interested in them, you won't want to miss Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version."

Thus, while most of the media is expecting March to be the month Nintendo's 3DS renders its older 2D-only brother obsolete, the good ol' DS will have one final hurrah with one of Nintendo's most popular series. I'll be there - will you?

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
I'll say this before the next 100 people come in and say pokemon died over 10 years ago.

I can't fucking wait.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Yeah I'll be picking this up if I have the money to spare.

Wakefield said:
I'll say this before the next 100 people come in and say pokemon died over 10 years ago.

I can't fucking wait.
Well it did die over 10 years ago, when Gold and Silver butchered everything with their awfulness. Ruby and Sapphire successfully cast revive though, so it's all good (even though GS came back on the DS to try and kill it again).

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Well, Gold and Silver were the best for me (and still is with HeartGold and SoulSilver), but Black & White does look like a sexy Pokémon game.
I'll be there

Mushushu

Jun 7, 2010
horay for more serpent/reptile looking pokemon. now i can have the new starter + seviper + arbok :)

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
mjc0961 said:

Wakefield said:

I can't fucking wait.
Well it did die over 10 years ago, when Gold and Silver butchered everything with their awfulness. Ruby and Sapphire successfully cast revive though, so it's all good (even though GS came back on the DS to try and kill it again).
Woah, controversial opinion is controversial. Would you like some liquidised dead baby with your comment? XD

I might even be ordering it before it's UK release (whenever that is), ordering the Japanese version. But assuming I can wait, yeah I'll be getting it, probably off ebay like most of my Pokemon games because the savings are so good ^_^

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
So which one is everyone getting? I'm leaning towards Black... Black City looks way cooler to me than White Forest.

I'm hoping this'll be just what the series needs. It seems like they're at least trying to go in different directions now. I, for one, am going to avoid bulbapedia until the U.S. Release so as not to accidentally pick up any spoilers. :p

Polock

Jan 23, 2010
Hrm. I will probably pick up White version...if it has Online play. I could easily google this fact, but I shall remain ignorant.

Looks neat though.

Oh and a tip for you all..

Choose the plant pokemon first =P
(Because they are the best, and this is not biased..)

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I swear I gonna go beserk if the Europe release date will be weeks or months after the US date. I want this game and as well Okamiden for my next DS games to buy.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
John Funk said:

The fifth generation of the main Pokemon series will begin here in North America at the beginning of March.

I've never made any attempt at hiding my love for the Pokemon games. Despite questionable-looking new monsters with Solid Snivy, Revolver Oshawott and Tepig Boss [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105549-Black-Whites-Starter-Pokemon-Officially-Get-Named] when the game hits shelves here in the West.

Now I have a date to mark on my calendar: Pokemon Black & White will be here in North America on March 6th, Nintendo announced earlier today [http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=27063]. (Like you even thought for a moment that the Big N wouldn't bring the games over.)

While the first part of this press release could fit literally every game in the franchise since Red and Blue versions - the new titles will feature "new Pokémon that players can catch, train and battle as they progress through the game, and some Pokémon can only be caught in one version of the game" - Nintendo takes care to point out the new features, such as changing seasons and physical differences in the new region of Isshu between versions.

"Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version represent a generational leap forward for the renowned series, delivering an unprecedented number of new Pokémon to catch, battle and trade," said Nintendo's PR chief Marc Franklin in an official statement. "Whether you have played the Pokémon video games before or are just getting interested in them, you won't want to miss Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version."

Thus, while most of the media is expecting March to be the month Nintendo's 3DS renders its older 2D-only brother obsolete, the good ol' DS will have one final hurrah with one of Nintendo's most popular series. I'll be there - will you?

Jhon, the new region is called the Unova region, Isshu is it's Japanese name :p

And did it say when it would be out in England? or is it the same time as America?

Oooh and the Element monkeys also got named and many more Pokemon

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/More_Generation_V_localizations_revealed

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Elemental_monkeys_named

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Which means us Europeans will be expecting it Aprilish?

yay! that and Portal 2 (fingers crossed) should make the transition from Spring to Summer less painful than normal.

Revolver; GET IN MA BAW.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
arc1991 said:
John Funk said:

While the first part of this press release could fit literally every game in the franchise since Red and Blue versions - the new titles will feature "new Pokémon that players can catch, train and battle as they progress through the game, and some Pokémon can only be caught in one version of the game" - Nintendo takes care to point out the new features, such as changing seasons and physical differences in the new region of Isshu between versions.

Jhon, the new region is called the Unova region, Isshu is it's Japanese name :p

And did it say when it would be out in England? or is it the same time as America?

Oooh and the Element monkeys also got named and many more Pokemon

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/More_Generation_V_localizations_revealed

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Elemental_monkeys_named
That Guy Who Phails said:
John Funk said:
Why are you calling it by it's Japanese name?
Whoops, autopilot.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Generation wise, Emerald was the last good game IMO. Platinum and Pearl's legendaries were interesting however. They remade the first two generations, can the remake the the third with this new fancy graphics?

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
mjc0961 said:

Wakefield said:

I can't fucking wait.
how did gold and silver butcher everything?

albania614

Dec 17, 2010
starters look like they took all other starter pokemon of that type (fire, grass or water) and pushed them into a pit for a year. then thats what came out. tell me the grass starter doesn't look like a dumb Trecko or that the fire starter isn't just Chimchar and Chyndiquel.
Pokemon is losing their creativity