Pokemon Black & White Screens Evolve Into Video

theincurabletragedy

Feb 22, 2010
antigodoflife said:
The DSM said:
Whats this? Your advertising campain is evolving!

Your screenshoot has evolved into a video!

Do you want to give it a nickname?
"Pointless"

Pointless wants to learn 'Charm' but it already has too many moves.

Forget a move?
3... 2... 1...
Pointless forgot Gameplay Priority
and...
Pointless learned Charm!

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Vanguard_Ex said:
randommaster said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
randommaster said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
No wonder the Japanese are so happy. Everything looks like kids TV! It's mesmerising...
That's because it is kid's TV. The clip was from Pokemon Sunday, a show that is extremely popular with kids in Japan. It's not meant to be entirely serious.
Well fuck, well done me.
Don't worry about it. It's not like anyone expects you t know about the target demographic of an international television show.

I mean, it's not like the stuff targeted at adults is any less bizarre.
This is probably the most truthful thing I've seen today.
You have no idea. Go type in "nico nico douga" in on youtube and just watch some of the bizareness that is Japan. Here, I'll give you one [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7oznjN8dA4&] for free.

snave

Nov 10, 2009
Its absolutely hilarious if you know just how _inane_ the comments they're enthusiastically yelling are. For example, "There. Are. BUILDINGS!!!!111!1".

The fashion is a step back for these guys. Mr. Hitler Mo. used to be pictured dressed in a gaudy yet formal suit emblazoned with the pokemon balls on print advertising.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
I like the new look, I also hope for a new kind of battle system where you maybe control pokemon running around instead of the turn based thing.

also...

I'm I the only one who wants that Lucario costume?

[small]I guess so[/small]

Ashes2Ashes

Sep 28, 2008
Serris said:
notyouraveragejoe said:
I mean it wouldn't even be all that hard to do it.

there's over 400 pokemon by now (453 or so?). there will be new ones in black and white (already 2 have been shown). probably another 100, that's 500+ 3D models. on a cartridge the size of a large stamp, excluding any 3D environment.
the DS "could" run it, it has the processing power. but i'm sure there just isn't enough memory on the card, and even so, they won't be able to get 500+ models, i mean, they have finite amounts of 3D artists, even if they are nintendo.
Really? They could probably hire one 3D artist for each pokemon if they really wanted to.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
OptimusHagrid said:
Presenter translation: OMG POKEMANS!

Yeah, this 3-D movement thing looks more restricting than the original's movement style. They've adressed the problem of no diagonal movement by... removing vertical movement! yeno. (I realise it's early days yet, I'll be prepared to swallow my words)

Just give us a proper Wii game. Please?
Hey! he's right! We haven't seen a game for the Wii like this in a while have we?

Witty-Name

Jul 12, 2009
shemoanscazrex3 said:
Witty-Name said:
shemoanscazrex3 said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Is it even possible to speak Japanese without sounding either incredibly angry or incredibly excited? If it is, I've never heard it.
I can speak some for you now if you'd like
I could too, and if you don't believe it's possible to not sound angry or excited just check out some of the language CDs! It's pretty much possible to speak Japanese and give the impression you've never encountered a single emotion ever.
I'm guessing that was supposed to be impossible but even without me speaking it I've seen a few serious animes, Japanese films, and the Human Japanese app where they sound just normal but I do see what you mean
Yeah, me too. I've heard plenty of "normal" Japanese through various media, just happened to be on my mind that in most of the language CDs I've listened to feature voices that seem completely disinterested.

There seem to be a few books springing up lately teaching Japanese through manga. Would be awesome if somebody did a similar thing with the CDs and get proper seiyu to voice it.

By the way, that last post meant as me agreeing.

GiantRedButton

Mar 30, 2009
The left guy has a hitler beard painted on him.
If they are that impressed by those graphics, Crysis will make theyre heads explode ;)

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
randommaster said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
randommaster said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
randommaster said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
No wonder the Japanese are so happy. Everything looks like kids TV! It's mesmerising...
That's because it is kid's TV. The clip was from Pokemon Sunday, a show that is extremely popular with kids in Japan. It's not meant to be entirely serious.
Well fuck, well done me.
Don't worry about it. It's not like anyone expects you t know about the target demographic of an international television show.

I mean, it's not like the stuff targeted at adults is any less bizarre.
This is probably the most truthful thing I've seen today.
You have no idea. Go type in "nico nico douga" in on youtube and just watch some of the bizareness that is Japan. Here, I'll give you one [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7oznjN8dA4&] for free.
Oh goody, I can add a little bit of corruption to the ball o_O

shemoanscazrex3

Mar 24, 2010
Witty-Name said:
shemoanscazrex3 said:
Witty-Name said:
shemoanscazrex3 said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Is it even possible to speak Japanese without sounding either incredibly angry or incredibly excited? If it is, I've never heard it.
I can speak some for you now if you'd like
I could too, and if you don't believe it's possible to not sound angry or excited just check out some of the language CDs! It's pretty much possible to speak Japanese and give the impression you've never encountered a single emotion ever.
I'm guessing that was supposed to be impossible but even without me speaking it I've seen a few serious animes, Japanese films, and the Human Japanese app where they sound just normal but I do see what you mean
Yeah, me too. I've heard plenty of "normal" Japanese through various media, just happened to be on my mind that in most of the language CDs I've listened to feature voices that seem completely disinterested.

There seem to be a few books springing up lately teaching Japanese through manga. Would be awesome if somebody did a similar thing with the CDs and get proper seiyu to voice it.

By the way, that last post meant as me agreeing.
Ahh I didn't even know they had anything like that. I'll have to look it up. Do you have any recommendations. The best thing that has been teaching me is an iPhone app. Rosetta Stone didn't really do it for me

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
Vanguard_Ex said:
Ironically enough, Japan actually has a colossal suicide rate. True story.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
adderseal said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Ironically enough, Japan actually has a colossal suicide rate. True story.
And the world just keeps getting fucking weirder.

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
I agree with Hub, the fixed camera is a bit jarring for me. Meh i'll keep it on my radar and see how it turns out. Personally i haven't really bothered with Pokemon beyond the 2nd generation (well except Leaf Green but i still count that as 1st) purely because the news ones just seemed so unintuitive

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Serris said:
notyouraveragejoe said:
Serris said:
notyouraveragejoe said:
I mean it wouldn't even be all that hard to do it.

there's over 400 pokemon by now (453 or so?). there will be new ones in black and white (already 2 have been shown). probably another 100, that's 500+ 3D models. on a cartridge the size of a large stamp, excluding any 3D environment.
the DS "could" run it, it has the processing power. but i'm sure there just isn't enough memory on the card, and even so, they won't be able to get 500+ models, i mean, they have finite amounts of 3D artists, even if they are nintendo.
Yeah, you're right I never really thought of that part. But then again I heard a while back (things may have changed since I'm not really "in" on DS news) but there was something about hot-swapping cartridges. I mean it could be a multi-cartridge game. Though really this is all just hopes and dreams. Maybe a future Pokemon game'll have that.
so if you encounter this or that pokémon in the wild, the game prompts you to insert another cartridge? never heard of the swapping though. a solution to the memory storage might be using the DSi's SD card slot (since SD cards can contain a lot of data). but that's still omitting all the work the artists have to put in. i'd also kind of miss the way things are now. in the older days, every version had it's own pictures of the pokemon, nowadays, every "set" (diamond and heartgold are 1 gen, but different. so let's call these sets for want of a better word) gets it's own. but once 3D is in place, the only thing to change the way the creatures look, would be to increase poly count (which means they'll have to make their number of creatures over, and over, and over again). i'm pretty sure that once they do go 3D, they'll stick with the same models for a few generations.
Good point. But then again they could reserve this 3D Treatment for special battles. Maybe Gym Leaders or special battles? And I really am just hoping insanely.

Witty-Name

Jul 12, 2009
shemoanscazrex3 said:
Ahh I didn't even know they had anything like that. I'll have to look it up. Do you have any recommendations. The best thing that has been teaching me is an iPhone app. Rosetta Stone didn't really do it for me
Japanese in Manga Land is quite good. The content was originally published in some magazine so most of it is broken down into reasonably short chapters. As far as I know there are three books in the series and a spin-off Kanji in Manga Land for, well, kanji. New vocab is presented in kana/kanji, romaji, literal sentence translation and proper translation. There are also chapters that cover stuff you won't find in most normal textbooks, including a swearing/insults chapter and one on onomatapeia. Should be available from Amazon.