Pokemon Can Fight Battles AND Ask Out Your Crush

RangerSERE

May 14, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
RangerSERE said:
That's rather creepy...I'm trying to think of how many women in my office building, school, social settings would become anything but creeped out or just pitty you for that...so far its almost 100%.
Well, one assumes the would-be-sweetheart in question is a gamer, which should take a bit of the "you're a freak" factor out of it. It depends entirely on the situation, I think. Like the guy who rigged Bejeweled to ask his girlfriend to marry him, this could be incredibly sweet under the right circumstances.
Yes, indeed it does depend on the situation and the person. I, of course, don't know a single person who at best would just hug you and say "we're pals right", or at worst laugh in your face(if said situation came up)...but then again i work for a heartless short selling/annuities company.

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
It's a bit odd to go to that much trouble just to ask someone out. Although I suppose it shows a certain care, which is rare to see. I hope it went well.

All I know is that if they end up getting married, that proposal needs to be insane.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
It would be a "dawww..." moment if it was between two 12-year-olds wholike Pokemon a lot and talked a lot about it; otherwise it's creepy

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
"yes, My pokemon wants to go out with your pokemon too!
But YOU stay the hell away from me, or I'll get a court order."

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
qbanknight said:
It would be a "dawww..." moment if it was between two 12-year-olds wholike Pokemon a lot and talked a lot about it; otherwise it's creepy
I'm seconding this, and my bet is on someone probably in their 20s or so.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
RangerSERE said:
That's rather creepy...I'm trying to think of how many women in my office building, school, social settings would become anything but creeped out or just pitty you for that...so far its almost 100%.
Well, one assumes the would-be-sweetheart in question is a gamer, which should take a bit of the "you're a freak" factor out of it. It depends entirely on the situation, I think. Like the guy who rigged Bejeweled to ask his girlfriend to marry him, this could be incredibly sweet under the right circumstances.
A guy rigged Bejeweled to ask his girlfriend to marry him? How did I miss that stroy?! Do you have a link? I have to see things.

OT: This is totally awesome. Seriously, words can't describe how totally sweet this is.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
I think that a really sweet way to ask out a girl...

Assuming of course the girl is a gamer and an avid fan of Pokemon. I mean, if the girl isnt a gamer, isnt familiar with Pokemon, etc. then its a tad creepy. Thats like me making toons "Willyou" and "Dateme" on WoW, and showing it to someone who doesnt play WoW. Youd look stupid.

The note tells me she knew what Pokemon was, and was probably a gamer too. "Im at the Elite 4" and it was left as a gift, that tells me she knew something about those games.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Macgyvercas said:
Susan Arendt said:
RangerSERE said:
A guy rigged Bejeweled to ask his girlfriend to marry him? How did I miss that stroy?! Do you have a link? I have to see things.

OT: This is totally awesome. Seriously, words can't describe how totally sweet this is.
Voila. [http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2008/03/hack-bejeweled/]

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
I wonder if the thought came up at the start of the file, during the journey, or after some point he/she had already beat the Elite 4 and went back for the set of (Will,You,Go,Out,With and Me?)? all in all it's a great unique plan but name changes of pokemon only take a few minutes in Lavender town with a Flying/Teleporting Pokemon.

Blueruler182 said:
It just struck me. What if she made a new game?
That's what the note was for?