Pokemon Designer Eric Medalle Killed During a Windstorm

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Pokemon Designer Eric Medalle Killed During a Windstorm

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1297/1297853.jpg

The 42-year-old Pokemon designer and father of two was killed during a windstorm on Sunday.

Eric Medalle, veteran Pokemon designer and artist, died in Seattle on Sunday after a tree collapsed onto his car The Seattle Times reports [http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/weather/father-of-2-who-died-in-sundays-storm-was-a-pokmon-artist/]. Medalle was driving with one of his daughters when a significant windstorm caused several trees in the area to collapse. His daughter was treated at a nearby hospital with minor injuries.

"It's very sad and tragic to lose someone so young so suddenly," Estrella Ferrer, Medalle's aunt, told the Seattle Times. "Everybody was shocked. I was completely shocked. I can't believe it happened."

"He was a very creative person," Ferrer said. "He was a man of all talents."

Medalle is survived by his wife and two daughters, ages two and six.

A crowdfunding page [https://www.youcaring.com/daughters-of-eric-medalle-539492] has been created in order to raise money for his daughters' college tuition.

Chaosian

Mar 26, 2011
Wow, that's kinda a bombshell- 42 isn't that old either. A huge number of these visionaries seem to be dying these days- what's going on?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Thank god his daughter survived. I am sure he'd be grateful for that.

Cecilo

Nov 18, 2011
Rest in peace, you have filled young children and adults hearts with wonder. More than I can say for many people who die that young.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Lagslayer said:
Pidgeot used hurricane. It's super effective!

*basks in the hatred*
Jerk, made me laugh when I'm supposed to feel sad.

OT: Glad his daughter is okay. I'm sure he'd have been relived to know that she made it out in as good a condition as could be hoped.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It's time like these that it's justify that Shigeru Miyamoto has his own personal driver eventhought he just want to drive or cycle for himself (no really, I read that Nintendo staff provide him a driver in fear he died in a car crash/ accident).

OT- I hoped the girl isn't too traumatised.