Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen Soundtrack Released on iTunes

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen Soundtrack Released on iTunes

The soundtracks of following Pokemon games will also make it onto iTunes in due time.

Nothing says nostalgia like the first few notes of the opening movie track to Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen. Released on iTunes yesterday is the Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen soundtrack for $11.99.

The soundtrack contains 90 songs and has adapted and orchestrated versions of the tracks from the Gameboy Advance remakes of Pokemon Red and Blue (Red and Green first in Japan). Junichi Masuda, Go Ichinose, and Morikazu Aoki.

This soundtrack is a part of the Super Music Collection by Game Freak. The first Pokemon soundtrack released as a part of this collection was Pokemon X and Y [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129634-Pokemon-X-Y-Soundtrack-Captured-on-iTunes], the latest Pokemon games with a much updated soundtrack. Future soundtracks in the Super Music Collection will include HeartGold and SoulSilver, Ruby and Sapphire, Diamond and Pearl, Black and White, and Black 2 and White 2.

The Pokemon series has some of the most recognizable music, and the oldschool feel of FireRed and LeafGreen has music my parents would even know. From Pallet Town's theme to the fanfare of an obtained Pokemon or item to the eerie Lavender Town theme, many Pokemon fans could hum these tunes in their sleep. The soundtrack doesn't have nearly the amount of songs that X and Y does, but if you want to own all 90 classic songs for just $12, nostalgia and appreciation for well-composed music will thank you.

Source: Siliconera [https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/pokemon-firered-pokemon-leafgreen/id771135133]

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
All of my yes. Love all the Pokemon Soundtracks.

For a ridiculously good price too!
[sub][sub][sub]Hoenn remake confirmed[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Shame I don't have iTunes. I love the soundtracks to the old games.
I wonder whether it'll come out on other platforms, 'cos I'd be all over this if so... *sigh*

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Jharry5 said:
Shame I don't have iTunes. I love the soundtracks to the old games.
I wonder whether it'll come out on other platforms, 'cos I'd be all over this if so... *sigh*
Despite having iTunes, I bought the previous soundtrack (X&Y) in CD form from the internets! I assume this one will be the same also.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Okay Nintendo, now release the Mario OSTs because right now importing those ones cost more than their respective games. >.<
I mean if Nintendo starts releasing more OSTs this way then I'll be happy.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
I'm really excited for this. I especially loved the heck out of Pokemon B/W 1 and 2 soundtrack.

I have a feeling a fully orchestrated version of these tracks are coming soon ala Zelda OST that came with Skyward Sword.

Of course, I like to think what finally convinced them to do this was the popularity of the fanmade (and well done) Pokemon Reorchestrated album that came out last year, the amount of money said album made (with royalties paid of course) and the subsequent success of their latest Kickstarter to do an orchestra of ALL of the Pokemon games.

Maybe we can push them to release a concept art book. If not that, at least an illustration collection from Ken Sugimori and other high profile artists in the Pokemon art team.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
MarsAtlas said:
Neronium said:
Okay Nintendo, now release the Mario OSTs because right now importing those ones cost more than their respective games. >.<
I mean if Nintendo starts releasing more OSTs this way then I'll be happy.
I sooooo wish publishers/developers released more OSTs. Some are just to good to not be out there.
Fire Emblem awakening soundtrack being released only in Japan is a crime. :(

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
I wish all game developers would release their OSTs on iTunes and other similar services.

I'd gladly pay for those.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Dragonbums said:
Fire Emblem awakening soundtrack being released only in Japan is a crime. :(
That's usually the case for most OST soundtracks though. I mean all the Kingdom Hearts ones were never released outside of Japan, and I believe the same can be said for the Mario games. Not Zelda though, since the Majora's Mask OST was the Platinum Reward for the US Club Nintendo this year.