Pokemon Gold & Silver Remakes Tear Up Charts

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Pfft, my Bulbasaur would annihilate Chikorita any day (though I had both, Meganium was strong). And Johto was pretty awesome, but I still prefer Kanto.

And did I hear Ho-Oh over Lugia here somewhere? Lay off the crack. Whoever told you this was a place where opinions vary, they lied. Everyone here prefers Lugia. Everyone.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
Ah yes I truly loved those games, its a damned shame they are going to remake them and probably make a collosal cock-up of them.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
Pfft, my Bulbasaur would annihilate Chikorita any day (though I had both, Meganium was strong). And Johto was pretty awesome, but I still prefer Kanto.

And did I hear Ho-Oh over Lugia here somewhere? Lay off the crack. Whoever told you this was a place where opinions vary, they lied. Everyone here prefers Lugia. Everyone.
I was just a little kid when I had gold and thought ho-oh was just another pokemon and I then bumped it out of my team, I wonder what playing the remakes will be like when playing it with a brain. Although my tactics are still fill them all up wit fighting moves and bombard them over and over and over again.

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
Sounds very, very good. Sliver was the best, followed by Gold. Such a shame they took a perfect idea and drop kicked it into the sun.

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
Spudgun Man said:
Ah yes I truly loved those games, its a damned shame they are going to remake them and probably make a collosal cock-up of them.
All ninty need to do, is just remake the game, and add the new pokemon/locations. Don't change any of the original game, just add the new additions. Surely they can't screw up when such a brill money making scheme presents itself?

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Amnestic said:
scotth266 said:
Trendkill6 said:
Really chickorita? Why no tododile!
Pffft. Cyndaquil all the way.
So many times this. Fire Starter owns everything. I had Pokémon Crystal rather than Gold/Silver, but it did kick a lot of ass. Suicune (the legendary adorning the Crystal cartridge was at least 7 kinds of awesome.

Will be waiting for this to get released in the EU with baited breath. I loves me some pokémon action.
Remember in Kanto when your friends laughed at you for picking a fire starter when the first 2 gym leaders were Rock and Water?

Though I preferred Bulbasaur as a starter, I would say Squirtle ended up being the best (ice and water, and I think Charizard was a cheating bastard for being able to fly). But in Johto...woe betide anyone who faced off against my Meganium thinking he didn't know earthquake.

Faeanor said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
awesome 'mons like Houndoom
That and Espeon. Psychic Eevee? Hell yes.

I'm going to have to get one of these when it comes to the US. Even though I still haven't finished Diamond >.>;;
And shuckle was a damned wall. I remember giving him some TLC, I loved using him.

I should point out though, that I'm not getting this. My friend challenged me years ago to a match and he still wants it to happen and has his teams ready.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
Amnestic said:
scotth266 said:
Trendkill6 said:
So many times this. Fire Starter owns everything. I had Pokémon Crystal rather than Gold/Silver, but it did kick a lot of ass. Suicune (the legendary adorning the Crystal cartridge was at least 7 kinds of awesome.

Will be waiting for this to get released in the EU with baited breath. I loves me some pokémon action.
Remember in Kanto when your friends laughed at you for picking a fire starter when the first 2 gym leaders were Rock and Water?

Though I preferred Bulbasaur as a starter, I would say Squirtle ended up being the best (ice and water, and I think Charizard was a cheating bastard for being able to fly). But in Johto...woe betide anyone who faced off against my Meganium thinking he didn't know earthquake.
Meh, my first playthrough was one pokémon with the other five slots as cannon fodder for Revive/Max Heal or Max Revives on my main and HM slaves. Level 16 Charmeleon at Pewter City? Level 28~ at Cerulean (as memory serves, it's been a while).

I tore up those gym leaders. And then when we got to Celadon...who's laughing now bitches?

I was. Flamethrowers for all.

(p.s. Espeon is the best pokémon ever. No exceptions.)

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Amnestic said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Amnestic said:
scotth266 said:
Trendkill6 said:

Meh, my first playthrough was one pokémon with the other five slots as cannon fodder for Revive/Max Heal or Max Revives on my main and HM slaves. Level 16 Charmeleon at Pewter City? Level 28~ at Cerulean (as memory serves, it's been a while).

I tore up those gym leaders. And then when we got to Celadon...who's laughing now bitches?

I was. Flamethrowers for all.

(p.s. Espeon is the best pokémon ever. No exceptions.)
What's that? I can't hear you over the objective howls from Arcanine, Raichu and Me- no, that won't count, you'd cut me down for that. Arcanine and Raichu still stand, though.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
Hybridwolf said:
Spudgun Man said:
All ninty need to do, is just remake the game, and add the new pokemon/locations. Don't change any of the original game, just add the new additions. Surely they can't screw up when such a brill money making scheme presents itself?
Oh god lets hope, as long as they don't do something stupid like make all starting pokemon have non- agressive moves or somethinglike that all should be fine.

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
I always liked Charmander the best. Rock or not, the first gym was nothing.

OT: Pokemon will not give up, and they do keep adding things.

Here's a really convuluted example:

A few months ago, the twelfth movie was shown in Japanese theatres. If you pre-ordered your tickets, you got a special Pichu. If you bring that Pichu into these new games, you get another special Pichu. Then, if you take the second special Pichu to Professor Elm, he apparently tells you it's even more special, so it can't be traded. He bans it from being traded because it's special.

The reason the second one is so special? It's from the future, and trading it around will probably blow up the world or something.

Oh, and if you bring in the pokemon you got for actually seeing the movie, you get to watch it create a new god of your choosing.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
*snip*

What's that? I can't hear you over the objective howls from Arcanine, Raichu and Me- no, that won't count, you'd cut me down for that. Arcanine and Raichu still stand, though.
Okay, Arcanine I can get behind. But Raichu? It's a fat brown mouse plugged into a mains supply. There's plenty of superior electric pokémon out there. I'd name Jolteon, but I've been known to field a team entirely made up of Eevee evolutions so I'm pretty biased in that direction... What about Electabuzz though?

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Pokemon + Game Boy = Profit!!

Plain and simple. Plus, as it's been said, Gold and Silver were the ones really in need of a remake, if nothing else because they were better.

KittywifaMohawk

Aug 17, 2008
Sweet.
I wouldn't say they are my favorite, Blue was my favorite and it always will be, but Gold and Silver we're pretty damn awesome.
I'll have try and get a copy eventually.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Amnestic said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
*snip*

Okay, Arcanine I can get behind. But Raichu? It's a fat brown mouse plugged into a mains supply. There's plenty of superior electric pokémon out there. I'd name Jolteon, but I've been known to field a team entirely made up of Eevee evolutions so I'm pretty biased in that direction... What about Electabuzz though?
Electabuzz? I'd tell you to get off my internet, but you wouldn't comply. Raichu's special is ridiculous. Get the surfing Pikachu, then evolve it into Raichu, give it reflect, thunderbolt, and either thunder wave or body slam, and you've got a damned monster on your hands.

I never was a fan of Electabuzz. Maybe Ampharos though.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
This is kind of unsettling that Nintendo would remake something again and people just eat it up. I'm dumbfounded by the gullibility of N fans.

However, since it is Gold and Silver, I'll let it slide. I still have my old copy in the closet, along with Crystal. If they remake Crystal as well, I'll certainly turn the other cheek.

Maverick8187

Aug 27, 2009
This has definitely piqued my interest. I'm still pissed when the battery in my copy of Gold died, taking my post-Johto crew with FEMALE FERALIGATOR with it. Gah!