Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver Sell 8.4 Million

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
s_glasgow99 said:
I freaking hate how companies use stats from games sold with systems as "game sales" Cyan did it with Myst when it came with every copy of Windows 95 back in the day. Nintendo did it with Tetris.
This isn't to say that they're not good games, but 64 million copies sold might as well match their console sales as well because they didn't sell much of Wii Sports outside of it's console bundle. And it's not a very completed game to begin with, much like Link's Crossbow training for the "Zapper" bundle.
*Shakes Head* I friggin hate marketing...
Not everybody who got a Game Boy got Tetris with it, I sure didn't. I had to get it separate.

At least if I'm remembering right, it was 17 years ago. Not saying I disagree with what you're saying, though I will say that Wii Sports still counts as a full game for all intents and purposes. It's just a game that happens to do something that barely anybody does anymore which is have a local multiplayer experience and thus doesn't need to be 30 hours long.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Straying Bullet said:
I swear to God, when do these ignorant fanboys see that the only reason Nintendo exists because of their passionate rage and buying milked out IP's over and over again and keep claiming it's innovative. Seriously, they are supposed to be a threat to the global world as a rising Skynet? Get the hell out of here.
Innovative? No, not really.

Good? Absolutely.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
And to think that I have a project on Nintendo for my English class next week. XD

And is it just me or does that box look suprisingly thick? o_O

Mr. Win

Jan 23, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
Good? Heh, I agree, SOME are. But I still find their business practice successful but just despicable.
So then you find all gaming business practices despicable?

JonahNYC

Mar 13, 2008
Wonder how Nintendo will feel when all the old biddies who bought the Wii don't buy a Wii 2. How successful was Coleco with the Cabbage Patch Doll 2?

ArmorArmadillo

Mar 31, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
Mr. Win said:
Straying Bullet said:
Good? Heh, I agree, SOME are. But I still find their business practice successful but just despicable.
With "their" I meant Nintendo, I seriously have to see them dare new grounds, I mean literally new grounds. All I've seen is Mario here, Pokemanz there and the rest of the bullshit.

Seriously. What is this? And I am entitled to my opinion, I just find them stuck in their old IP's for too long.
Can you really blame them after looking at these sales?

And as a proud HG owner, I'm incredibly pleased by how good this game is. It's retreading of an old IP, but it's also just an astoundingly fun game to play.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
ArmorArmadillo said:
Straying Bullet said:
Mr. Win said:
Straying Bullet said:
With "their" I meant Nintendo, I seriously have to see them dare new grounds, I mean literally new grounds. All I've seen is Mario here, Pokemanz there and the rest of the bullshit.

Seriously. What is this? And I am entitled to my opinion, I just find them stuck in their old IP's for too long.

And as a proud HG owner, I'm incredibly pleased by how god this game is. It's retreading of an old IP, but it's also just an astoundingly fun game to play.
They put out good games, that sell well, and have a wide base of appeal. What's wrong with that?

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
I suppose if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Soul Silver is officially the second game I have got on release day. (Though, it was kinda one day before, Royal Mail got a bit over-zealous it seems.)

Nintendo are masters of producing good games out of existing IPs though.

Mr. Win

Jan 23, 2010
almostgold said:
ArmorArmadillo said:
Straying Bullet said:
Mr. Win said:
Straying Bullet said:

And as a proud HG owner, I'm incredibly pleased by how god this game is. It's retreading of an old IP, but it's also just an astoundingly fun game to play.
They put out good games, that sell well, and have a wide base of appeal. What's wrong with that?
What I meant is that it's generally quite rare to see a massively successful developer focus constantly on new IPs... Yeah Nintendo hasn't put out a single new one that hasn't been related to WII MII OHO OHO crap this gen, but it's also put out Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, and Brawl, three of my favorite games this gen.