Pokemon SS/HG

Antlion

Jun 30, 2009
Hey guys, my first thread. Yes, i used the searchbar. Nothing.

I was wondering if my old, original DS was going to play these games? i dont remember where so i dont know if it was a reputible source, but i want to get Soul Silver and i was wondering.

Thanks in advance.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I think that all the ds games work on any ds, I don't know, I hope so.

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
Yes, it should work fine. But don't, whatever you do, buy the European version. PEGI decided to stop you using the Game Corner in Pokemon Platinum, so who knows how much stuff will be censored from these new versions in Europe. I'm importing a North American copy.

Antlion

Jun 30, 2009
Melon Hunter said:
Yes, it should work fine. But don't, whatever you do, buy the European version. PEGI decided to stop you using the Game Corner in Pokemon Platinum, so who knows how much stuff will be censored from these new versions in Europe. I'm importing a North American copy.
There's a european version?

I was going to get the japanese version.. If i had known there was a european version, i would ask if it was in english, and then how i could get it here in NYC

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
I am so incredibly PISSED that they didn't release this in the US, Gold and Silver were the best of the entire series with their only flaw being the graphics and I've been waiting years for a damn remake! Are they afraid to make money or something? What the hell Japan!

Jun 6, 2009
So when are they releasing it here? I swore not to play any Pokemon game after Fire Red, until they make a game with all 4 continents but... dammit. I didn't play Blue or Red, and Silver was an awesome game...

shadow_pirate22

Aug 25, 2008
Finally, a way to get my beloved Ho-oh in the new generation WITHOUT jumping through aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallll the hoops in Pokemon Colesseum. Pokemon XD had the right idea...

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
Antlion said:
Melon Hunter said:

I was going to get the japanese version.. If i had known there was a european version, i would ask if it was in english, and then how i could get it here in NYC
HG/SS will be released in the West next year. What I meant is that PEGI (most likely pushed into it by the notoriously harsh German censors) cut out the ability to play in the Game Corner from Platinum version onwards. Screw their censorship.

There will be a European version, just not yet.

CptPanda29

Apr 8, 2009
Are DS cartridges region free? If so I'm gonna go out and import so many games the second I hear so...

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Melon Hunter said:
Antlion said:
Melon Hunter said:

HG/SS will be released in the West next year. What I meant is that PEGI (most likely pushed into it by the notoriously harsh German censors) cut out the ability to play in the Game Corner from Platinum version onwards. Screw their censorship.

There will be a European version, just not yet.
They did that? What bastards! We don't need their bullshit censoring, messing up my games!

German censoring is German censoring, NOT the rest of Europe. Assholes.....

Zagzag

Sep 11, 2009
I think that there are more differences with different region versions. For example if you import a North American version into Europe (as it comes out there earlier) you won't be able to download events while in Europe.