Pokemon Sun and Moon's Mimikyu Has the Saddest Song

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Pokemon Sun and Moon's Mimikyu Has the Saddest Song

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1357/1357205.png

It's not Pikachu, it's Mimikyu.

When Pokemon Sun and Moon's Mimikyu, the lonely ghost/fairy-type that wears a Pikachu costume, the official website [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167970-New-Pokemon-Sun-and-Moon-Monsters-revealed#&gid=gallery_6346&pid=1], Mimikyu is "dreadfully lonely," and began wearing a Pikachu costume in an effort to make friends. Mimikyu is particularly drawn to dark places, as its health will fail when it is exposed to the sun. Reading about it is one thing, but listening to Mimikyu sing a song about how lonely it is and how badly it wants friends is a whole other story.

In a video posted to the Japanese Pokemon YouTube channel, with subtitles added by YouTuber Tobias [https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW03zUgazoypbYgMbk4kYg], Mimikyu reminds us that it is more than a Pikachu wannabe - it's Mimikyu, and it wants to be friends with you.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I can't tell if this is funny or touching. I just can't take Mimikyu seriously. Besides, don't you have to fight it first to be able to catch it.

I'll surprise you in the dark. I am Mimikyu.
I'll try to make all your Pokemon faint. I am Mimikyu.
And send you running to the Pokemon Center. Can we be friends now?

Orga777

Jan 2, 2008
Aww. Poor little dude... Mimikyu will certainly be on my team guaranteed. It was going to be anyway, because I love the adorable look and the amazing typing. But I think it has the potential to being my favorite new pokemon.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Far be it from me to accuse an interweb news poster of hyperbolic statements, but...

Ehh, Nevermind. Anyway, that isn't a new Pokemon by the way, it's just Pikachu is a terribly acute manic-depressive. It's tragic really. But then what do you expect when your entire existence is based upon fighting other enslaved creatures for nothing more than the pleasure of humans?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I really want to have Minikyu in my party.

It doesn't have an evolved which is a killer for me my parties always have an evolved forms. Yes I know there have been plenty of good single based form Pokemon but I loved having evolved Pokemon in my team!

Well as long it got a good stats and move sets then it will have a place in my party.

Feb 26, 2014
Mimikyu is already my favorite Pokemon; I don't need another reason to love the adorably lonely little guy. Still, I appreciate every new reason to love 'im. My new Nuzlocke's rule: Must catch a Mimikyu and that Mimikyu must survive past the Elite Four. If Mimikyu faints it's game over.