Pokemon X and Y 2DS Bundles Heading to Europe

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Pokemon X and Y 2DS Bundles Heading to Europe

Limited edition 2DS systems will feature the legendary Pokemon Xerneas and Yvletal from Pokemon X and Y.

Listings from Dutch retailers Toys XL and Intertoys revealed Pokemon X and Y 2DS bundles, which had previously been revealed as exclusives in South Korea. The limited edition 2DS systems are white and red for the Pokemon X bundle and black and blue for Pokemon Y.

Daan Koopman, known as added [https://twitter.com/NintenDaan/status/404595991581839360], "Getting reports that the 2DS bundle is available at another retailer called Toys XL. Website does have nicer pics!"

Nintendo has not said anything about the European bundle, so a release date is still unknown. The Pokemon X and Y 2DS bundles will be available in South Korea on Dec. 7 for 180,000 won (about $170). According to Koopman, both Intertoys and Toys XL price the bundles at €157.

The white and red 2DS features Xerneas from Pokemon X on the box while the black and blue version features Yveltal. Going by the legendaries' color schemes, it seems like the colors should be switched around - blue for Xerneas and red for Yveltal. The logo for each title corresponds with the legendaries' colors as well.

Other territories saw the release of limited edition 3DS systems bundled with Pokemon X and Y.

Source: Polygon [https://twitter.com/NintenDaan]

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
You'd think that recolors like this would show up in larger/more populated countries more frequently than they do smaller/less populated countries. *cough*Charizard 3DS XL*cough*

Good for them though, and yeah, the bundle color schemes should be flipped!

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
You know what? Screw it. If it comes to my country, then I'll seriously consider buying it.

P.S.: Someone please answer my questions:
1. What are the differences between X version and Y version and is there a reason to buy both?
2. Are original 150 pokemons present in the game?

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
VMK said:
You know what? Screw it. If it comes to my country, then I'll seriously consider buying it.

1. What are the differences between X version and Y version and is there a reason to buy both?
I can answer some of that.

1. The main difference between the versions are the featured legendaries (duh, I guess but still it's difficult to trade for them) where you get Xerneas and Yveltal for X and Y respectively. In addition there are pokemon that can only be found in either version, best highlighted in the link to serebii.net below, but I'm positive you can find the pokemon you need through random trades rather easily
http://www.serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml

The only real reason to want both versions is if you are interested in the mega-evolutions and you want all of the mega stones. Only Charizardnite Y, Mewtwonite Y, Heracronite, and Houndoominite and be found in version Y. While Charizardnite X, Manectite, Mewtwonite X, and Pinsirite can only be found in X. It might be difficult to trade those items with other people.

As far as I can tell are no other differences aside from that. Except perhaps the way in which you obtain other items and pokemon, but they are still available to you in either version you get.

2. Not all of the original 150 pokemon are present but there is a good mix of them along with the other generations. I don't know the exact number but you can find favorites like the three starters and Mewtwo.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
note that the "missing" pokemon are likely to either appear in pokemon Z (like come on of course it's being released), or everybody's favorite rumor, the hoenn remakes

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Story said:
VMK said:

I can answer some of that.

1. The main difference between the versions are the featured legendaries (duh, I guess but still it's difficult to trade for them) where you get Xerneas and Yveltal for X and Y respectively. In addition there are pokemon that can only be found in either version, best highlighted in the link to serebii.net below, but I'm positive you can find the pokemon you need through random trades rather easily
http://www.serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml

The only real reason to want both versions is if you are interested in the mega-evolutions and you want all of the mega stones. Only Charizardnite Y, Mewtwonite Y, Heracronite, and Houndoominite and be found in version Y. While Charizardnite X, Manectite, Mewtwonite X, and Pinsirite can only be found in X. It might be difficult to trade those items with other people.

As far as I can tell are no other differences aside from that. Except perhaps the way in which you obtain other items and pokemon, but they are still available to you in either version you get.

2. Not all of the original 150 pokemon are present but there is a good mix of them along with the other generations. I don't know the exact number but you can find favorites like the three starters and Mewtwo.
Thankee Sai. Now to find out about other 2/3DS games to justify this purchase.