Pokemon X and Y Street Date Broken in Canada and Italy.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Oct 14, 2020
8,662
3
13
http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2013/10/01/pokemon-x-y-street-date-broken-in-canada-and-italy/

Hmmmm.

Hmmmmm.

As the title says, some people in other countries (to mine, at least) got the latest generation of Pokemon early. For people like me, who would rather Nintendo showed as little of the game of the game as possible, to see information fall into the hands of those who will gush it to us (as opposed to leak), is most annoying. I'm a bit peeved, and I'm sure many others are.

Personally, I hope, as the article says, Nintendo will do something to silence these voices, soon. Then again, I'm not even sure that they can.

Of course there's the opinion that Nintendo should have announced every Pokemon by now, those people won't care. Are you one of those people? What are your thoughts on this?

Seriously, though, that's TEN DAYS EARLY.

Grumpy Shroomish is grumpy.
 

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Moderator
Legacy
Mar 26, 2020
7,131
71
53
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Gender
ā™‚
I was found two photo blogs run by the Canada leakers this morning and by dinnertime both had already been shut down. One apparently even got a visit in person by a Nintendo employee who asked for his copy of X back in exchange for a refund (and he gave it back, not wanting any trouble). I wouldn't worry too much about inadvertently coming across information though, it is still out there but as someone who's actually trying to deliberately seek it out, I can attest it isn't easy to come by. I'm just glad I finally found a proper in-game map with routes to look at :)
 

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Oct 14, 2020
8,662
3
13
JoJo said:
I was found two photo blogs run by the Canada leakers this morning and by dinnertime both had already been shut down. One apparently even got a visit in person by a Nintendo employee who asked for his copy of X back in exchange for a refund (and he gave it back, not wanting any trouble). I wouldn't worry too much about inadvertently coming across information though, it is still out there but as someone who's actually trying to deliberately seek it out, I can attest it isn't easy to come by. I'm just glad I finally found a proper in-game map with routes to look at :)
That's awesome. Great to hear. At least the leakages are leaks, now and not gushes. I feel like a massive conservative for saying that. Or a plumber.
 

Terminate421

New member
Jul 21, 2010
5,773
0
0
I saw the Evolutions of Fennekin and Froakie. Fennekin's looks like an exact idea if you said "Combine Renamon and Gardevoir, complete with a nice biorobe." named Delphox. and Fraokie's evolution is a nice looking Ninja frog with a sharp head, named Greninja.

I have access to the photos of them but I don't know if I should put them up here.
 

Juste Goose

New member
Aug 1, 2013
187
0
0
I wonder how Nintendo will silence the voices.

Silent Ninjask death squad?

Send some Machokes to rough 'em up?

Alakazam mind wipe?

But seriously, I really hope I manage to avoid spoilers. I haven't seen Chespin all grown up yet, except that may-or-may-not-be-real back sprite. At least I have that...
 

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
3,114
0
0
That is pretty messed up, also how come none of the stores around me ever break street dates! Even if Pokemon games aren't the types of games to be ruined by spoilers, I'm going to have to be a bit careful.

Terminate421 said:
I have access to the photos of them but I don't know if I should put them up here.
If you put spoiler tags I wouldn't mind seeing them, I'm still deciding who I want to choose, and seeing the final forms would help with that. I would go look for them myself, but I would rather avoid risking other spoilers.
 

Dryk

New member
Dec 4, 2011
981
0
0
Hero of Lime said:
If you put spoiler tags I wouldn't mind seeing them, I'm still deciding who I want to choose, and seeing the final forms would help with that. I would go look for them myself, but I would rather avoid risking other spoilers.
Froakie or The PC are the only real options... I'm still going to choose Fennekin though :\

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=84415169&postcount=4317
 

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
3,114
0
0
Dryk said:
Hero of Lime said:
If you put spoiler tags I wouldn't mind seeing them, I'm still deciding who I want to choose, and seeing the final forms would help with that. I would go look for them myself, but I would rather avoid risking other spoilers.
Froakie or The PC are the only real options... I'm still going to choose Fennekin though :\

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=84415169&postcount=4317
Thanks for posting them. This may break my always choosing fire types to start with, I'll probably use Charmander and Torchic on my team and pick Froakie as the Kalos starter. Fennekin's final form doesn't really sit well with me. :/
 

Terminate421

New member
Jul 21, 2010
5,773
0
0
THIS IS DELPHOX:

THIS IS GRENINJA (There was a second photo of him)

I am picking Delphox, I need moar bitches on my team competitively, also she looks cool.
 

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
3,114
0
0
Terminate421 said:
THIS IS DELPHOX:

THIS IS GRENINJA (There was a second photo of him)

I am picking Delphox, I need moar bitches on my team competitively, also she looks cool.
I like the fire/psychic typing for the Fennekin family, but considering I have access to two other fire types I really like for the first playthrough, I have to go with Greninja.

I'm wondering if Fennekin has a higher chance of being female considering it's appearance and all.
 

Zeckt

New member
Nov 10, 2010
1,085
0
0
Terminate421 said:
I saw the Evolutions of Fennekin and Froakie. Fennekin's looks like an exact idea if you said "Combine Renamon and Gardevoir, complete with a nice biorobe." named Delphox. and Fraokie's evolution is a nice looking Ninja frog with a sharp head, named Greninja.

I have access to the photos of them but I don't know if I should put them up here.
No, please don't. I prefer to be surprised by evolutions and you just told us without even a spoiler mark. Do NOT post the pictures anywhere in this forum ESPECIALLY if you don't flag it as a potential spoiler PLEASE! You did NOT do us any service.
 

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
8,687
0
0
I believe this should answer all your questions:



Seriously, when has the fire starter NOT been the best? THEY HAD A FIRE-MONKEY IN ONE OF THE GAMES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

So yeah, go fire or go home. :p
 

Leemaster777

New member
Feb 25, 2010
3,311
0
0
RJ 17 said:
I believe this should answer all your questions:



Seriously, when has the fire starter NOT been the best? THEY HAD A FIRE-MONKEY IN ONE OF THE GAMES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

So yeah, go fire or go home. :p
If I'm being honest, I wasn't really a fan of the Chimchar OR Tepig lines. Cyndaquil I'm kinda just above "meh" on. I like Charmander, Torchic (one of my favorites), and Fennekin, though.
 

DeltaEdge

New member
May 21, 2010
639
0
0
RJ 17 said:
I believe this should answer all your questions:



Seriously, when has the fire starter NOT been the best? THEY HAD A FIRE-MONKEY IN ONE OF THE GAMES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

So yeah, go fire or go home. :p
Pretty sure Charizard is actually inferior to Blastoise and Venusaur in the current meta-game, and IIRC, Feraligatr was a little better than typhlosion. Then Blaziken and Infernape were ahead of the other starters, and then Emboar was just a bit better than samurott, but not by much. So Fire starters haven't really always been the best, but they got really OP toward the middle.
 

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
1,159
0
0
Yeah, I will be picking Greninja.
I really want get a charmander for his X Mega Evolution (Fire\Dragon sounds fucking amazing), and I see no point in getting 2 fire type.
 

Terminate421

New member
Jul 21, 2010
5,773
0
0
RJ 17 said:
I believe this should answer all your questions:



Seriously, when has the fire starter NOT been the best? THEY HAD A FIRE-MONKEY IN ONE OF THE GAMES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

So yeah, go fire or go home. :p
My Empoleon has stomped every Infernape he has come across in competitive PVP, so...no.

I run trick room so...that helps.
 

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
8,687
0
0
Terminate421 said:
DeltaEdge said:
Leemaster777 said:
And here I would have thought the inclusion of Ancient Aliens guy would have been a big enough hint that my post was meant to be taken as a joke, but evidently I was wrong. My bad for overestimating the sense of humor of my fellow Escapists, apparently.

And yes, I know it's a lame joke to begin with, but it plays off the "common" conception that the fire starter is always the best. Just so we're clear: you shouldn't take anything I have to say about PokƩmon seriously. Hell I've only played 3 of the games: Red, Gold, and Sapphire. I am not really what you'd consider a fan or even follower of the franchise.

Peace be with you.
 

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
3,307
0
0
From what I have heard, Nintendo has some of the most strictest and punishing policies when it comes to retailers breaking the street dates of games. Especially in the case of a release this big.

Personally, I am royally pissed that this happened. I don't want all the Pokemon leaked. I don't want to know all the towns, I don't want to know the moves and abilities.
All I wanted was the final evolutions, and everything else I can discover when the game comes out. Not happening now apparently.

I like how the leaker is trying to divert attention by saying "head are rolling at Nintendo." Oh no my friend, the only heads that will be rolling are yours, your friends, and the entire management at the game retailer you got that game from.

No. Giving your copy back will not help in anything. You already blew a big portion of the game on the internet. Your friend gave you the game early and entrusted you to keep the thing under wraps until the actual release date. You royally fucked him and that entire store up. When a representative from any huge company comes knocking on your storefront over the early release of a game, you already know you fucked up hard.

I wouldn't be surprised if the store is barred from all later Nintendo games until much later than any retails. I can also imagine that the distributors will be putting heavy fines on them for releasing the game a week early than the rest of the world.
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that store shuts down afterwards.
The retailer has now shown that it is untrustworthy with big releases, and some of the biggest sales in mom and pop stores (it didn't say Gamestop) are major releases. How can Bethesda, RockStar, EA, etc. trust that the employees and management of that store won't leak their own games out early to consumers? They won't.
 

xPixelatedx

New member
Jan 19, 2011
1,316
0
0
Headsprouter said:
Personally, I hope, as the article says, Nintendo will do something to silence these voices, soon. Then again, I'm not even sure that they can.
OR... you know, just allow all retailers to sell the games sitting in the backs of their damned stores. Street dates are the most stupid thing in the industry, I'm glad some places are selling copies already.

I just wish it would happen a lot more, because if street dates couldn't keep, they would stop trying to use that system and maybe give us games when they're ready.
 

Terminate421

New member
Jul 21, 2010
5,773
0
0
RJ 17 said:
Terminate421 said:
DeltaEdge said:
Leemaster777 said:
And here I would have thought the inclusion of Ancient Aliens guy would have been a big enough hint that my post was meant to be taken as a joke, but evidently I was wrong. My bad for overestimating the sense of humor of my fellow Escapists, apparently.

And yes, I know it's a lame joke to begin with, but it plays off the "common" conception that the fire starter is always the best. Just so we're clear: you shouldn't take anything I have to say about PokƩmon seriously. Hell I've only played 3 of the games: Red, Gold, and Sapphire. I am not really what you'd consider a fan or even follower of the franchise.

Peace be with you.
I think you took what I said out of context. I wasn't some rabid Pokefan ready to spoil your fun. I was just stating exactly my experience with that.