Pokemon X and Y's First Legendary Distribution is Celebi

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Pokemon X and Y's First Legendary Distribution is Celebi

You can get Celebi by downloading Pokemon Bank before September 2014.

Pokemon Bank [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128440-Pokemon-X-and-Ys-Pokemon-Bank-Wont-Launch-Until-Dec-27], the cloud service that lets you store a large amount of Pokemon online, and its companion app, Pokemon Transporter, which lets you transfer Pokemon from Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 to X and Y, will launch on December 27 in the US. To celebrate, Nintendo has announced that its launch will also accompany the game's first legendary Pokemon distribution event: Celebi.

As long as you download the app prior to September 2014, a free Celebi will be automatically be placed in your bank. You can then transfer it to your game by launching the Pokemon Link feature from the game menu.

The special event Celebi will have the moves Hold Back, Recover, Heal Bell and Safeguard. Hold Back is a move that cannot be learned during normal gameplay. It is similar to False Swipe, where it will always leave the target Pokémon with no less than 1 HP. The Celebi will be level 10 and have the Ability Natural Cure.

The Pokemon Bank service requires a yearly subscription of $5, and allows you to store up to allows you to 3,000 Pokemon. If this seems a little bit rich to you, and you just want to utilize the service to bring over your Gen V Pokemon, don't fret, the service (including the Pokemon Transporter) will have a free trial period, from when it launches until January 31.

Source: Nintendo [http://www.pokemonbank.com/en-au/bank/#receive-a-special-pokemon]

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Well looks like I'll have 2 Celebis then. I've got the 10th Anniversary Celebi in my Pokemon White game as well.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Welp, JWittz's girlfriend will be happy, she likes Celebi.

I wouldn't mind a fairy-onion, myself. Speaking of which, it seems fitting to change it from Psychic/Grass to Fairy/Grass, I wonder if they did?

Bulbapedia says no, as of now, but I'm not even sure if they can find that out for sure, yet without those hacker-types like that which found the legendary trio.

As for the bank, all I want it for is to transport my valued Pokemon, and possibly to quickly rid my boxes of my many level 1 Skarmorys...

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
Looks interesting, though outside of the Celebi I don't think I'll really use the bank all that much. The price does seem reasonable.

juyunseen

Nov 21, 2011
Move all my stuff on Black (which all traces back to Ruby through Diamond) to X and Y and get a Celebi in the process? Well Nintendo I was gonna get the Pokebank anyway but thanks for giving me stuff. I appreciate it.

ClockworkUniverse

Nov 15, 2012
Very excited about this. Celebi is way underdistributed. And they made it really easy this time around. Speaking as one of those crazy completionists, this is something I needed.

Eliwood10

Feb 4, 2013
I already have three (legit!) Celebis. What they need to do is distribute Manaphy and Phione because I'm pretty sure there's no way to get them right now without transferring them across at least three separate games.

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
I know there's the one from Ranger that you get in the egg...what gen does that transfer to?

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Ooho, I'm pretty darn happy about this.
Celebi's always been my number one favorite legendary yet I've never had one in game.
I hope I get some Good IV's and a positive nature.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Uratoh said:
I know there's the one from Ranger that you get in the egg...what gen does that transfer to?
You are thinking about the Manaphy Egg from Pokemon Ranger, as there was never a Celebi egg available in the Ranger series to my knowledge. The Manaphy Egg transfers into the Gen IV Pokemon games (Diamond, Peral, Platinum).

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I'm pretty sure they included footage of Reshiram in the trailer because they knew I was watching. I ended up being more excited about that then getting a Celebi. I guess it's because I already have one, but it's cool to get another Celebi too.

All I know is that I'm gonna pull a Noah and get at least two of every Pokemon into the Pokemon Bank, and at least 100 of my GTS Reshirams.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Eliwood10 said:
I already have three (legit!) Celebis. What they need to do is distribute Manaphy and Phione because I'm pretty sure there's no way to get them right now without transferring them across at least three separate games.
Totally worth it when I did that. If you want it then take the time to do it. I'm not waiting for Nintendo to release it as a WiFi download.

OT: Yay free Pokemon for a service I was going to be using anyway :D

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
OMG YES! Celebi is the only remaining mystery event pokemon from Gen's I to V that I don't have a legit copy of, when this comes out my collection will finally be complete :-D

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
JoJo said:
OMG YES! Celebi is the only remaining mystery event pokemon from Gen's I to V that I don't have a legit copy of, when this comes out my collection will finally be complete :-D
Lies! Nobody "completes" Pokemon ;)

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
Woooo!
Celebi!

Although that being said the legend I haven't been able to get my hands on is Darkrai...
I needs me one of those.... >.>

And Cresellia too now that I think about it...

But yay! Celebi!

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
TimeLord said:
JoJo said:
Lies! Nobody "completes" Pokemon ;)
Say that to my National Dex bro XD

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
JoJo said:
So you have bought every piece of clothing? Got all the items? Beaten the entire Battle Mansion? And become the world champion in every tier?

JoJo

Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Goliath100 said:
JoJo said:
So you have bought every piece of clothing? Got all the items? Beaten the entire Battle Mansion? And become the world champion in every tier?
Yes. I also caught the Mew under the truck, collected every form of Missingno and went to space to catch Deoxys. After you do all of those and upload them to your Gen VI games, Professor Oak will appear and present you with a Lvl 150 Mewthree.