Pokemon X & Y Details From The Nintendo Developer Roundtable

AJ Glasser

Jun 3, 2013
Pokemon X & Y Details From The Nintendo Developer Roundtable

Sky Battles, Player Search System and more new Pokemon revealed.

Read Full Article

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
The only thing thats nerveracking is they haven't shown double/triple battles yet. I'm sure they will be there but it just has that "urge" that says they won't have them for some eye-widening reason.

Just some gameplay of it would be nice.

Aside from that, CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Hair styles!
F#@$ yeah!
I was just talking about it in a thread a few hours ago, I'm glad I was correct about them.
Now I just want it confirmed that these customisations are visible to others when battling.
I'm also wondering if you can have more than one pokemon out for hoard battles, that would just be the perfect cherry on top.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
They are not exploring virtual console releases on Wii U for Red/Blue.
To say nothing of 3DS Virtual Console releases. The omission of 3DS in this statement seems very deliberate.

P.S. Thanks

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
Pokémon-Amie reminded me instantly of the Dream Eater minigame from Kingdom Hearts 3D.

I just hope it's not as tedious.

Other than that, though, super excited!

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
So tedious animations a-la Stadium, and a Nintendogs mini game? I've always said we need an early type to ward off those dragons later on but why fairy???? Why is that super effective against dragons???

Still buying Day-one, just my thoughts. Running animation looks good.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
I want them to fix that fucking Global trade system. I reaaaally don't want to see hundreds of requests for level 9 and under legends anymore. Set the levels for Legends above a certain marker like level 40 and up unless that legend can be obtained lower then that without hacks or very old events (Look at you HG/SS Arceus event!)

Seriously if that is fixed I will be so happy.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
EHKOS said:
Why is that super effective against dragons???
Because ponies. Ponies that are also fairies.

Solo-Wing said:
I want them to fix that fucking Global trade system. I reaaaally don't want to see hundreds of requests for level 9 and under legends anymore. Set the levels for Legends above a certain marker like level 40 and up unless that legend can be obtained lower then that without hacks or very old events (Look at you HG/SS Arceus event!)

But then how will people be able to cheat with hacked Pokés?

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
These games will be the final piece in my reason to get a 3DS. There are other games I want to get when I get one, but I was waiting for a proper lineup of all the various typical games I get for Nintendo handhelds.

Pokemon is always a buy for me, I can always get into them and I usually get 150 or more hours of play time out of them. For my DS Lite I have Diamond, Pearl, Heart Gold, and White. Really, made up almost half my DS game collection.

EHKOS said:
So tedious animations a-la Stadium, and a Nintendogs mini game? I've always said we need an early type to ward off those dragons later on but why fairy???? Why is that super effective against dragons???

Still buying Day-one, just my thoughts. Running animation looks good.
I really think the edition of a new type is just plain stupid, especially "fairy". And of course they botched it with it being good against Dragon. It's really going to throw team balance off, cause Dragons already have the weakness to ice and themselves with dragon.

The way things are going, they are looking to make it so that most types have three or more weaknesses. With Dragon getting a third weakness, that brings it to ten types that are weak to three or more types.

The funny thing is looking up the weaknesses, I remembered why I don't use rock types, rock has five weaknesses: Grass, Water, Fight, Steel, Ground.

I didn't hear them say a weakness for fairy. I'm willing to bet Dark will be good against it, but you know what I hope is good against it, Normal. I've been wanting for Normal for a long time to get a type that it is actually super effective against.

Zachary Amaranth said:
EHKOS said:
Why is that super effective against dragons???
Because ponies. Ponies that are also fairies.
Sadly, I wouldn't put it passed them to make a new pony styled critter that is a fairy type. It would be absolutely stupid, like the type itself, but bet they do it.

Solo-Wing said:

What I want is a versus mode type that bans the use of legendary Pokemon. It is one of the reasons I didn't play online much with that Stadium style game for the Wii. I eventually stopped all together, because nine out of ten match-ups, my opponents had a Dialga or Palkia in their team. It made the battles pretty much pointless to me, because I always play proper teams(I never use legendary Pokemon); those two legendaries are way too overpowered, because, they pretty much one shot everything because their special attacks hit like the force of a Comet hitting Earth, they are way up there in speed, and they have ungodly amounts of health. I was only ever able to beat one team with Dialga in it. It took me my first two team members and half the third to bring it down, then my final half healthed member was fast enough to one shot the rest of his team, because it had various moves they were weak against.

Really, at this point with all the different ones added in each generation, legendary is practically a class of Pokemon that has enough that besides their types, they almost are even in amount of some non-legendary types. At this point with all the power they tend to give legendaries, considering speed, health, and strength, they might as well make legendary and actual type that is super effective against all the types.