Pokemon: Your most epic capture

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
So, I was playing Pokemon White today, and I think I may have had my most epic capture to date.

I was in the Giant Chasm, ready to capture Kyurem:

Yes, that's a level 75 legendary alien dragon.

I started the battle, had one of my pokemon use Will-O-Wisp to burn him, and it got beaten in one hit.

I sent out my next pokemon, and just for fun, threw a normal Pokeball at him.

*wiggle*
*wiggle*
*wiggle*
*click*

Me:

Oh, and to top it off? When I got back to the Pokemon Center, I found out that he had given me Pokerus as well (the best STD ever).

Anyone else have an epic capture moment like that?

Legendairy314

Aug 26, 2010
Mewtwo in the original Yellow version. Brought a random Jigglypuff and put it to sleep (full health) 3 Ultra Balls later and he was mine. Most recently caught a Volcarona with a few net balls.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
I pegged all three birds, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, along with Mewtwo and freaking KENGASKAN!! in one go with regular poke and safari balls. Boo...yeah.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Probably in Pokemon Blue, my first ever legendary catch. Got a Zapdos with my last poke ball. It was pretty sweet considering I had not yet learned to save before fighting legendaries.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Running around in Pokemon...Silver?(can't remember which one specifically) just in a random patch of tall grass, and all of a sudden.

ENTEI!!

Holy shit holy shit holy shit. Take him down. Good, good... now throw an Ultra Ball. YAY!

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Stammer said:
Running around in Pokemon...Silver?(can't remember which one specifically) just in a random patch of tall grass, and all of a sudden.

ENTEI!!

Holy shit holy shit holy shit. Take him down. Good, good... now throw an Ultra Ball. YAY!
Ah yes, the roaming legendaries. I remember them, WAAAY back in Gold, when they were totally new. Imagine MY surprise when I was running around in a random-ass patch of grass, only to stumble upon a Raikou.

Double-takes did insue.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
I actually have a similar story with Kyurem. I caught Kyurem in five turns, with two attacks, two healing items, and a turn of throwing an Ultra Ball. It's not quite as epic, but it made me happy.

The best part was I triggered the event by accident. I was just trying to grind a Vullaby into a Mandibuzz and catch an extra Ditto, I found the spot to start the event, and then went and caught him. BEST. DISTRACTION. EVER.

joecool5000

Nov 1, 2010
Check out the Let's Player Chuggaaconroy finding a Phanpy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCi3iWcWxm4
(Just look at the first couple seconds, I unfortunately couldn't find just a video of that. The rest of the video is a Youtube poop.)

laststandman

Jun 27, 2009
In Pokemon Ruby, I caught Regirock with a pokeball after I think 3 turns. He was in the orange and my friend had bet me lunch that it wouldn't catch. I dont know why I took the bet, but I'm glad I did!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Fucking Net Ball for the new Fire/Bug lvl 70 thing. Always forget that Net Balls are good for Bug, instead of just Water.

But my best?

Quick Ball Zapdos in D/P/P.

Nov 12, 2010
My bro got Lugia with a pokeball on the first turn back in the day and I did the same on my first shiny which was a hoot-hoot I think so not as epic but still cool

volcanblade

Jan 11, 2010
I was playing around with a loose tooth trying to catch Rayquaza, got really frustrated and pulled at the one point and the tooth came loose so I left my room to wash my mouth and stop the bleeding. I come back to see the screen telling me I caught him.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Leemaster777 said:
Stammer said:

ENTEI!!

Ah yes, the roaming legendaries. I remember them, WAAAY back in Gold, when they were totally new. Imagine MY surprise when I was running around in a random-ass patch of grass, only to stumble upon a Raikou.

Double-takes did insue.
Same here. (I utterly freaked)

Uhh, best capture... well, all I can think of right now is finally capturing all the three legendary dogs in SoulSilver.
Other than that, I can't really think of anything else.

mirror's edgy

Sep 30, 2010
In my five or so years of probably dozens of files in half a dozen pokemon games, I have stumbled across exactly ONE shiny pokemon. A Venomoth in Gold. And I still have that sparkly blue bastard.

Andothul

Feb 11, 2010
I almost crapped my pants when i caught Mewtwo in the original Red with a regular ultraball

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
I threw a quickball and instacatched Volcarona, turns it out also came with a Timid Nature, exactly what I needed

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
I got Suicune in Crystal with a Friend ball because I had run out of other things to throw at it. I was ecstatic.