Police brutally beat a 15 year old girl

Meta Like That

Jan 30, 2009
Holy fucking shit, man.

See kids, this is why you shouldn't act like a punk to police. Especially when you're already in their custody.

Link Kadeshi

Oct 17, 2008
This situation is not equal. You only see and hear of the bad cops. They are the ones who make the biggest ripples. In the end, all police are, are just humans, likley joining the force to make a difference. That is where it all fell apart. Seeing the deep seeded level of corruption in every facet of society, regardless of age, or belief. From my own socialogical views, some cops are indeed corrupt. A lot, however, are just people who try valiently to make a difference. We are the seeds of their faliures. You need help, they make it best speed to you. You commit a crime, and you treat them like their trash. It grates on them. I've seen it myself. It's a wonderful life we live, that honest people turn out like this. I especially like when they have to calm a riot, and then a rioter gets hurt, and sues.

Anyone with power will feel the strain, and eventually snap. Just try not to be too close when it happens, fore, it's a cruel unjust world we live in, and it's only gonna get worse. At least the evil monkeys are gonna strike soon.... Any moment now....

EDIT: Grammarical/Spelling errors caught a moment too late.

boinx

Mar 4, 2009
wow, what a misleading open post. first off all, the video wasn't brutal neither did the cop even beat her.

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
boinx said:
wow, what a misleading open post. first off all, the video wasn't brutal neither did the cop even beat her.
Erm, what? Not brutal you say? Ok then...Anyways, the article says

'In his own report from the incident, Schene wrote that the shoe hit him in the right shin, "causing injury and pain." He wrote that he "placed" her into handcuffs and that she needed medical attention for a "panic attack."

He said a "blood filled pocket" formed on his shin, requiring treatment at Auburn General Hospital, according to his report. The video, however, appears to show his shin strike a metal toilet as he pushes the girl against the wall.'

Busted, Mr. Tough Guy. Watch for rogue toilets next time you attack a minor.

Aesthetical Quietus

Mar 4, 2009
Flour said:
I should be bothered by it, but I'm not. In my opinion, cops have not enough power, they should be a tiny step above the law, hell, a cop can't even protect him/herself when (s)he is attacked because it could count as "excessive force". What I mean is: If someone threatens someone else with a knife(or other sharp/blunt object), cops should be allowed to break a limb to get that weapon, if someone threatens someone else with a gun, they can kill that person.

On topic:

No, he didn't have to do that given the information I have here, which isn't enough.

Why was she sent to that cell?
What did she say before she was sent to that cell?
And finally, why the hell didn't she just give her shoes to the cop?
While I agree with what you are saying, when we give that power to people, the methods for selecting said people are going to need to be alot more stringent than what they are at the moment.
I don't know what she did/said before she was sent to that cell, but it's minor details. The cop didn't attack her for not giving her shoes, he did it for the attitude that she displayed( 0:07-8 , her shoe clearly goes flying out the door, while she stands their with a sulky attitude). She is by no means an angel, but no person, cop or not has the right to attack some-one in such a way when it is obviously unjustified.
A cop with the track record that this guy has should be taken off the force(from this video, and his track record, he appears to have anger managment issues, not something cops should have).

Face it, cops are slightly above the law, however, with this should come responsibility, and for those that abuse it like this guy, they should be removed from the force.

Rolling Thunder

Dec 23, 2007
stinkychops said:
Huey1000 said:
What a douche! Then again, all pigs are. The prick should've been beaten down in public. He thinks he's a big strooong man 'cause he can bitchslap a teenage girl
The worst bit is he didn't even use police standard beating protocals.

This comment [/Thread.]

Ryuzix

Jan 21, 2009
WHAT
THE
FUCK
Seriously, why would you beat a girl that badly, a 15 year old girl!!!

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
i'm more pissed off at the 2nd officer who came in and just let it happen, police are psychopaths!

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
AkJay said:
i'm more pissed off at the 2nd officer who came in and just let it happen, police are psychopaths!
PICK UP THAT CAN!!!

*points at your avatar*

searanox said:
Funny how much the situation changes when the victim here is a teenage girl instead of a muscular African-American adult, huh?
...Because we're discussing a smaller, weaker, lighter girl practically spear tackled by a 195 pound (I don't know how to convert to kilos) fully trained police officer, who after subduing her so easily he could have done it in his sleep, then punches her in what looks like the head, twice.

searanox

Sep 22, 2008
Funny how much the situation changes when the victim here is a teenage girl instead of a muscular African-American adult, huh?

While I do think that the officer's behaviour is completely unwarranted, and he clearly is a raging jerkass, I don't disagree that he needed to make contact. The suspect did technically assault him while in custody, and even though he was clearly looking for a way to kick someone's ass, that is grounds for restraint. Now, clearly the amount of force used was way too high, and a fifteen-year-old is probably not the type that could fully understand the severity of the consequences of her actions in that situation, but at the same time we can't dismiss the fact that she did warrant the attack in some respect.

beddo

Dec 12, 2007
Jagers1994 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kPVM_SfclM

This video shows police officer Paul Sheen brutally beating a 15 year old girl. All this shit over the girl resisting to give him her shoe. Yea her shoe. This isn't the first time Paul Sheen has attacked someone. He has killed two people in 2002 and in 2006. What are your thoughts? Isn't this disgusting? I personally think that this officer should be fired and jailed.
I thought it was outrageous that they wanted to withold the video as it might prejudice the trial. If what he did was really reasonable force then what's the harm in showing the video.

What he did is clearly assualt and cause grevious bodily harm. Moreover, it's breach of trust of the employer and breach of contract.

No person who has even one crime on their record should be allowed to be a law enforement employee.

beddo

Dec 12, 2007
Meta Like That said:
Holy fucking shit, man.

See kids, this is why you shouldn't act like a punk to police. Especially when you're already in their custody.
I hope this is sarcastic. It's your first amendment right to act however you wish as long as you don't break the law.

This officer clearly broke the law and should be prosecuted.

InifniteWit

Oct 24, 2008
As with all of these videos you never see the whole story. It's ridiculous that you don't see this girl cursing, spitting, stomping, and generally resiting and aggravating the officers. She'd probably been cussing up a storm since she got busted. So add that to a cop who's had to deal with her all day, who is now at the end of his shift, and he is looking at the time stamp. So yes he used excessive force and yes he overreacted but he isn't some gung-ho asshole, just tired as far as I can tell.

beddo said:
Meta Like That said:
Holy fucking shit, man.

I hope this is sarcastic. It's your first amendment right to act however you wish as long as you don't break the law.
Actually your right to free speech only protects your criticism of the government. Unforunately little idiots like you, and this girl think that this gives them some sort of god given right to run their lips all day. And this girl caught it good, I can guarantee you she won't be bitching to cops again any time soon.

beddo

Dec 12, 2007
Rajin Cajun said:
Taught that ***** to shut up. Game, Set, Match.
I hope this is a sarcastic comment. How would you feel if that was your girlfriend/mother/sister?

The officer has commited gross misconduct and a crime.

Logan Keller

Jul 24, 2008
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/402005_schene03.html

This article gives some more information on what the girl says happened. It also provides an interesting allegation that the shoe caused "bruising, bleeding and pain".

Meta Like That

Jan 30, 2009
InifniteWit said:
As with all of these videos you never see the whole story. It's ridiculous that you don't see this girl cursing, spitting, stomping, and generally resiting and aggravating the officers. She'd probably been cussing up a storm since she got busted. So add that to a cop who's had to deal with her all day, who is now at the end of his shift, and he is looking at the time stamp. So yes he used excessive force and yes he overreacted but he isn't some gung-ho asshole, just tired as far as I can tell.

beddo said:
Meta Like That said:
Holy fucking shit, man.

Actually your right to free speech only protects your criticism of the government. Unforunately little idiots like you, and this girl think that this gives them some sort of god given right to run their lips all day. And this girl caught it good, I can guarantee you she won't be bitching to cops again any time soon.
A-friggin-men. The man should get whatever punishment's coming to him, no doubt about that. But to say she didn't have it coming is just ignorant. If she landed in the hospital with broken bones, it'd be different.

What she got was a love-tap, as far as I'm concerned.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Try to remember that the girl was 15. 15 dammit! No matter what she says, you're the adult. It's your position to act like a civilized human being. If you watch closely, the girl kicks her shoe to them. No matter how rowdy the girl can get, you don't have the right to brutally beat her up. That's what stun guns and anti-riot guns are for.

lordsandro

Aug 6, 2008
The Madman said:
I love it when people say how much they 'hate' the police, and then at the first sign of trouble you know what they'll do? Call the police. They are after all what holds society together. You think Anarchy would be preferable? Than you are deluded.

However I say hate the police all you like: Call them pigs, hate them till your eyes burn red. It's your right!

Why? Because it's the police duty, and part of their jobs to be held to a higher standard than the rest of us. That every misconduct and mistake, every misplaced burst of anger should be held against them. Who watches the watchmen? WE DO! It's the job of the civilian to judge the police, whether they like it or not. The Police are public servants after all, no matter how much many may refuse to see it that way.

As was once pointed out in a Terry Pratchett book of all things; The public outnumber the Police. Gangs and mob men often have more manpower and more firepower, even more funding. Police must walk a thin line where they can push and shove (Because like it or not that IS their job.) without crossing that line and becoming targets themselves. There are numerous examples of occasions when the police pushed too far and were taken down because of it. Riots where police are surrounded and killed, single officers becoming the targets of mobs, and so on. It's a tragic reality of their job.

That guy? Hold him up to justice, throw him into prison himself where he's not likely to last very long. Police who end up imprisoned never do. It's harsh, but it's just. And ultimately that's part of being a police officer: To accept that you're going to be held to a higher standard than anyone else.

Did that girl probably deserve it? Possibly. Anyone who's in prison at 15 and acting like that is more often than not scum-of-the earth material. Who knows, we're only getting a brief glimpse of what happened and there's undoubtedly more to the story. But that doesn't change the fact that an officer of the law should act better.
You sir are right. They should be held to a higher standart.

And about the girl. She should be thankful that it was only a beating. Some officers in America use tortute, mace (ultra spicy stuff) or even rape. A sheriff in Texas has already killed one and injured seriosly 5 people by putting them in special chair disaned to stop the movement of violent criminals, in reality it slowly kills you by stoping your breathing.
The sheriff knew exactly what the chair causes and still used it numerous times.
To this point nobody has put this monster in prison.