Police Union Uses A Black Woman's Son In P.R. Photo After Attacking Her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
With more cops. The problem with cops is there just isn’t enough cops! We need cops for cops, and cops for cops for cops. There is no problem you cannot simply throw more cops at.
The more you resort to hyperbole in place of actual arguments, the less mature you sound.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worgen

Crystal Violet

2020: I have not gotten over the scarf thing
Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
Nobody said actual names, just not referring to every uncle as "my uncle".
"sheriff uncle", "gross uncle", "cool uncle", would suffice.
You are being deliberately petulant. You're the only one in this thread who seems to have trouble understanding that a sheriff uncle in one place and a cop uncle in another were two different people or that a person can have more than one uncle.

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
Your ordeal in Mexico sounds horrific. I have had terrible things happen to me, but that sounds truly inhumane and humiliating. I would have been terrified as well. That is seriously DTSD inducing. I hope you are recovering okay from that, I can imagine that would be difficult. I think I would be afraid to travel at all after that.
Thank you but do not worry I do not have PTSD. I was angry and humiliated and tired after but I am a lucky one as I did not experience extended effects. The whole story was even more crazy and bizarre but I just told the short version because people might get bored. I could tell the full story if enough people wanted to hear.

The thing about French men though is it wasn't just that they hit on you, it is that they do it in like the most creepy way, like it is intentionally creepy and they behave like they are entitled to touch you without permission. It is funny though when I saw how creepy Biden was with smelling women's hair, it immediately made me think of French men!
Was it really worse in France than elsewhere? I have seen many creepy men in France but I did not think that it was particularly bad here. I just noticed they are slightly less creepy in the UK but I think that they are more inhibited generally there.

I was taught some French when I was a toddler, and throughout my life and took 4 years in school, but since I do not have an opportunity to actually speak it on a regular basis, I still struggle. Especially when trying to understand it with different accents, I can read French pretty well, but listening and speaking it well are difficult when you don't really have much use for practicing it in Texas.
Oh you should watch French TV and movies if you would like to practice and you could join or French-speaking Discord groups if you would like to improve. I could recommend some great French TV and movies. And don't worry if you speak badly at first. In Paris they do not have patience but they are much nicer in the North (Brittany) and the South (Marseilles) or Belgium.

Yea, different types of cops can be bad, like the cops who think you " owe" them something because they assisted you. So many cops use their job to try and pick up on women, making it so the women feel uneasy about trying to call them when they have no interest in dating the cop at all. Like, " Oh it is great you gave me a ride home when my car broke down", but then thinking "great, now THIS creep knows where I live" after he chose to make it out to be something other than just a ride home.
I have never personally seen this because I worked in built-up urban areas when I was a regular street cop but I could totally see that happening. There were famous cases of French cops sexually assaulting women in their custody.

MetalHead

May 4, 2020
Country
US
Since it sounds like she comes from a big family then it wouldn't be surprising if shes got multiple uncles who are cops.
yes would definitely be odd to have multiple uncles. Oh wait, 4 uncles on my dad's side and 2 on my mom's.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
Cops doing their jobs. Move along please, nothing to see here.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You are being deliberately petulant. You're the only one in this thread who seems to have trouble understanding that a sheriff uncle in one place and a cop uncle in another were two different people or that a person can have more than one uncle.
You're right, we should rewrite "The Hobbit" so that each of the 13 dwarves are just named "the dwarf", and the reader can just fill in the blanks. If anybody complains about not being able to differentiate them, we can just mock them with "well obviously they're different dwarves, DUH!"

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
You're right, we should rewrite "The Hobbit" so that each of the 13 dwarves are just named "the dwarf", and the reader can just fill in the blanks. If anybody complains about not being able to differentiate them, we can just mock them with "well obviously they're different dwarves, DUH!"
Why are you treating a user's personal anecdotes as needing the clarity of a court document?

Reactions: Cicada 5

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I very much do not see the problem here.
We're supposed to be outraged that people are spreading fake news over Facebook, y'know, a thing that happens millions of times a day.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
We're supposed to be outraged that people are spreading fake news over Facebook, y'know, a thing that happens millions of times a day.
Cops did their jobs, is all I see here. Yeah they are rough and kick your shit in when you resist, that's in their job description. I can pull a couple of clips from Britain where 13 year old kids kick some officer's teeth in and run away from him. I don't get near cops, always avoid them. If you meet a cop you either did something wrong, they're rescuing you from a hostage situation or you fucked up.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Cops did their jobs, is all I see here. Yeah they are rough and kick your shit in when you resist, that's in their job description. I can pull a couple of clips from Britain where 13 year old kids kick some officer's teeth in and run away from him. I don't get near cops, always avoid them. If you meet a cop you either did something wrong, they're rescuing you from a hostage situation or you fucked up.
The cops bashed in the windows of a car that made a wrong turn, beat its occupants, and kidnapped a child for propaganda.

Is that the cop's job?

Reactions: Cicada 5

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
Please do not insult other users
Are you.... like, an idiot? I hope you're just trolling because fuck.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Ahh, ok, so you don't understand how things work here. We have 3 emergency services in the states, police, fire and ambulance. If its a medical thing then fire and ambulance will show up, if its anything else then it will be police and sometimes ambulance. Cops handle way more then they should in this country.

Crystal Violet

Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
As a former I cop I can anecdotally tell you this is not true.

As someone who has basic internet access I can demonstrably tell you this is not true.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
As a former I cop I can anecdotally tell you this is not true.

As someone who has basic internet access I can demonstrably tell you this is not true.
What isn't true, that I should avoid the police or that they can do what they want to me and often get away with it? In my experience police are bullies, I stay away from them.
The cops bashed in the windows of a car that made a wrong turn, beat its occupants, and kidnapped a child for propaganda.

Is that the cop's job?
Yes
Ahh, ok, so you don't understand how things work here. We have 3 emergency services in the states, police, fire and ambulance. If its a medical thing then fire and ambulance will show up, if its anything else then it will be police and sometimes ambulance. Cops handle way more then they should in this country.
I misunderstand you. You said the police are over-worked, or that they approach things that they shouldn't?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I misunderstand you. You said the police are over-worked, or that they approach things that they shouldn't?
I can't speak to how much time an individual officer spends on the job. My point is that we rely on police for too many things in this country, if there is a dispute; the police are called, if there is a collision; the police and ambulance are called, if there is someone who is suicidal; the police are called. We would be better off with more specialized services for those and allow the police to focus more on crimes and investigation and community outreach since trusting the police is a good thing but something they need to work hard on especially after this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.