Not open for further replies.

Crystal Violet

2020: I have not gotten over the scarf thing
Legacy
Sep 22, 2020
Paris
Country
France
That was a yikes for France, I already know a yikes isn't enough to account for what is happening in Mexico.
My experience was not as bad as others but I thought I might die. I have survived life threatening situations before but this was different because I could not defend myself. I was completely nude in a jail cell thousands of miles from home in the middle of nowhere and nobody was telling me anything. I did not think that would happen in France but I did not either think a man could be raped by the police on camera and be told it was an accident.

In france, the most I dealt with was men hitting on me everywhere, but is like that in a lot of places, it was not just unique to France.
I hate this. It is even worse when they come to other countries and think they are not understood. I have family in the UK (I know it is hard to tell because my English shockingly bad) and sometimes you hear French tourists speaking loudly and making derogatory comments about women. I travelled on the tram and two French guys were talking about me and they said they would try to take a picture of me. I pretended to walk by unnoticing but turned and took the phone from his hand and said in French "ýou will be taking a photo of your own rectum" and through the phone.

in France, they are more annoyed with American accents than anything else and have little patience for those struggling with speaking fluent French. I am sure I was butchering their language so they aren't wrong there.
I will admit that this is true and even I can be guilty. We are just used to obnoxious American tourists and students being embarrassingly unaware and aggravating and it is unfair that we sometimes project these biases on perfectly pleasant Americans who just want to enjoy their visit. But I do not condone the impatience when someone does not know the language. I hate when French people do that like their language is so sacred, how dare this foreigner not possess instant mastery?

I agree we have the issues of "believing police" over others, when, yes, the way it is currently set up it attracts the worst sorts of people. Everyone I knew who I grew up with that became cops should have never been allowed to become cops. They were the criminals.
Yes but this is just one flavour of horrible cop because there are also the authoritarians with a hero disillusion. That is so common.

I also think part of the problem is where would we put these guys if they don't have them become police? If they aren't a part of the solution, they are often part of the problem, so we have to also have options to help steer these guys to something more suitable.
I completely agree. I do not believe they are beyond rescue. It is just that many of them are bad going in and their worst aspects are encouraged and celebrated. They would probably still hold shitty opinions in other jobs but would not be in position to rape an innocent black man and say it is an accident (I am still disgusted)-

Ugh your experience with the police there sound so familiar to experiences I hear in the US for women in both the police and the military. Sexist bigoted bastards. It makes me wonder with so many of them having so much power, how do we find solutions that will actually work when they control everything?
I will be optimistic. I think we are making slow changes that we must keep up and not lose steam. Lots of people are angry now that "the SJW are ruining everything" and they cannot do or say something because it is "not PC" and I think this is a good thing. It means they are frustrated because people challenge them for the shitty things they say but now they must be more coy.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

So the bad apples of the police train the other police to be bad apples. Chances of this causing any action to be taken apart from shuffling the offender to another precinct?

Literally trained to be Nazis.

EDIT:

Last edited:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Very wrong!
It's possible not to have police and have a successful society, there are several things that must be done in order to achieve it, such as improving social services, access to food, changing the prison system to genuinely be reformative rather than punitive, legalisation of all drugs (Yes all of them) abolishing capitalism and many other things but it's possible, you're just being brainwashed into thinking they are genuinely needed.

Of course I do realise that the corporations and their state slaves wouldn't allow it and the horrid economic system they utilise encourages crime, so maybe what we clearly need is to get rid of Capitalism worldwide, it'd solve a lot of our problems.
What does such a system do once someone or some people decide to use force on someone to get what they want?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

So the bad apples of the police train the other police to be bad apples. Chances of this causing any action to be taken apart from shuffling the offender to another precinct?

Literally trained to be Nazis.

EDIT:
As well as quoting Hitler, they also quote Batman and Spiderman's Uncle Ben.

And some reasonable quotes from reasonable people, but still. Really?

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Everyone take note of this! If ever lil devils x claims to be 49 or 50 kg, we can tell that she is lying about everything.

Or rounding up or down, or has changed her weight. But probably lying about everything.
Well I was converting 110lbs to kg, so give or take. Also, I am thinking about eating a slice of chocolate cake for Halloween so you likely need to add that on as well. :D
Is the cake a lie too? hmmm...I will let you know after I am done.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
As well as quoting Hitler, they also quote Batman and Spiderman's Uncle Ben.

And some reasonable quotes from reasonable people, but still. Really?
And closed the slides with Uber Alles (no umlauts from ENG keyboards). And threw in a few Confederate references too, for good measure.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Also, I find this continued use of EZLN as some kind of glorious place with no police rather funny considering all the pictures I see of it are filled with heavily armed people. That's not a place without law enforcement, just because it's not called "police" doesn't mean that there is not a threat of force being presented to and enforced on people that break the law.

Reactions: Cicada 5 and Hawki

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I don't hate police unions, I hate construction unions. Those guys are the reason New York City has expensive buildings costs, and there is rampant corruption there.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
When you're telling tales, it's best not to get characters confused, is all.
Considering this is the internet, giving actual names would be dumb.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Also, I find this continued use of EZLN as some kind of glorious place with no police rather funny considering all the pictures I see of it are filled with heavily armed people. That's not a place without law enforcement, just because it's not called "police" doesn't mean that there is not a threat of force being presented to and enforced on people that break the law.
considering the person who is in charge of law enforcement there is elected, it sounds like it is not unlike how sheriffs are elected in Texas. That isn't necessarily a good thing either. The sheriff was the one raping prisoners, and let the new guy take the fall. The sheriff was the one groping underaged girls. The sheriff was the one who got drunk and was groping a female officer. This doesn't solve anything if the majority of the people with power in an areas are corrupt as well.

Reactions: Crystal Violet

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Considering this is the internet, giving actual names would be dumb.
Nobody said actual names, just not referring to every uncle as "my uncle".
"sheriff uncle", "gross uncle", "cool uncle", would suffice.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Nobody said actual names, just not referring to every uncle as "my uncle".
"sheriff uncle", "gross uncle", "cool uncle", would suffice.
Since it sounds like she comes from a big family then it wouldn't be surprising if shes got multiple uncles who are cops.

Secondhand Revenant

Recycle, Reduce, Redead
Legacy
Oct 29, 2014
Baator
Country
The Nine Hells
I don't hate police unions, I hate construction unions. Those guys are the reason New York City has expensive buildings costs, and there is rampant corruption there.
I'm sure when building costs are to your satisfaction in NY city we won't get incidents like this, very relevant comment.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
considering the person who is in charge of law enforcement there is elected, it sounds like it is not unlike how sheriffs are elected in Texas. That isn't necessarily a good thing either. The sheriff was the one raping prisoners, and let the new guy take the fall. The sheriff was the one groping underaged girls. The sheriff was the one who got drunk and was groping a female officer. This doesn't solve anything if the majority of the people with power in an areas are corrupt as well.
I agree, but my point was that no matter where you are, so long as there is a community of people living close to each other, you will need someone that can enforce the law on those that don't follow it. The law must be just, and the enforcer must be honorable for it to be the ideal we envision of such a person, but the role must exist in some capacity or else everyone will decide to take things into their own hands and how they do so will be different for every one of them, which will lead to disagreements on how this or that person handled the situation that can in turn become violent and lead to fighting and deaths.

Reactions: lil devils x

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I agree, but my point was that no matter where you are, so long as there is a community of people living close to each other, you will need someone that can enforce the law on those that don't follow it. The law must be just, and the enforcer must be honorable for it to be the ideal we envision of such a person, but the role must exist in some capacity or else everyone will decide to take things into their own hands and how they do so will be different for every one of them, which will lead to disagreements on how this or that person handled the situation that can in turn become violent and lead to fighting and deaths.
I completely agree that without local law enforcement to uphold the law, things usually go to shit pretty quickly. We just need to be able to hold those enforcing the law accountable as well. We have paths to do so in the US, just they are choosing not to and this has to be changed. Having rapist vigilantes isn't any better than having rapist cops. When you think about how many police calls they respond to in Dallas alone for a Friday night, can you imagine how bad that would get if there was NO ONE to call?

Last edited:
Reactions: Specter Von Baren

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
My experience was not as bad as others but I thought I might die. I have survived life threatening situations before but this was different because I could not defend myself. I was completely nude in a jail cell thousands of miles from home in the middle of nowhere and nobody was telling me anything. I did not think that would happen in France but I did not either think a man could be raped by the police on camera and be told it was an accident.

I hate this. It is even worse when they come to other countries and think they are not understood. I have family in the UK (I know it is hard to tell because my English shockingly bad) and sometimes you hear French tourists speaking loudly and making derogatory comments about women. I travelled on the tram and two French guys were talking about me and they said they would try to take a picture of me. I pretended to walk by unnoticing but turned and took the phone from his hand and said in French "ýou will be taking a photo of your own rectum" and through the phone.

I will admit that this is true and even I can be guilty. We are just used to obnoxious American tourists and students being embarrassingly unaware and aggravating and it is unfair that we sometimes project these biases on perfectly pleasant Americans who just want to enjoy their visit. But I do not condone the impatience when someone does not know the language. I hate when French people do that like their language is so sacred, how dare this foreigner not possess instant mastery?

Yes but this is just one flavour of horrible cop because there are also the authoritarians with a hero disillusion. That is so common.

I completely agree. I do not believe they are beyond rescue. It is just that many of them are bad going in and their worst aspects are encouraged and celebrated. They would probably still hold shitty opinions in other jobs but would not be in position to rape an innocent black man and say it is an accident (I am still disgusted)-

I will be optimistic. I think we are making slow changes that we must keep up and not lose steam. Lots of people are angry now that "the SJW are ruining everything" and they cannot do or say something because it is "not PC" and I think this is a good thing. It means they are frustrated because people challenge them for the shitty things they say but now they must be more coy.
Your ordeal in Mexico sounds horrific. I have had terrible things happen to me, but that sounds truly inhumane and humiliating. I would have been terrified as well. That is seriously DTSD inducing. I hope you are recovering okay from that, I can imagine that would be difficult. I think I would be afraid to travel at all after that.

The thing about French men though is it wasn't just that they hit on you, it is that they do it in like the most creepy way, like it is intentionally creepy and they behave like they are entitled to touch you without permission. It is funny though when I saw how creepy Biden was with smelling women's hair, it immediately made me think of French men!

I was taught some French when I was a toddler, and throughout my life and took 4 years in school, but since I do not have an opportunity to actually speak it on a regular basis, I still struggle. Especially when trying to understand it with different accents, I can read French pretty well, but listening and speaking it well are difficult when you don't really have much use for practicing it in Texas.

Yea, different types of cops can be bad, like the cops who think you " owe" them something because they assisted you. So many cops use their job to try and pick up on women, making it so the women feel uneasy about trying to call them when they have no interest in dating the cop at all. Like, " Oh it is great you gave me a ride home when my car broke down", but then thinking "great, now THIS creep knows where I live" after he chose to make it out to be something other than just a ride home.

Yea, the whole accidental rape thing. That is scary there. I don't even know where to start with that.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I was taught some French when I was a toddler, and throughout my life and took 4 years in school, but since I do not have an opportunity to actually speak it on a regular basis, I still struggle.
Je parle Francais un peu.

Or, not embarassing myself, if I ever go to France (again), I'll just keep asking "vous parles Anglais?", and wait for a "oui."

Simple, right? :p

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Je parle Francais un peu.

Or, not embarassing myself, if I ever go to France (again), I'll just keep asking "vous parles Anglais?", and wait for a "oui."

Simple, right? :p
No, because even though they likely do speak English, they won't tell you to make you suffer because that is the typical French thing to do. XD
They WANT to make you suffer until you can speak it with perfection and STILL mock you for butchering their language because of course no foreigner can possibly do it properly even if you do it properly.

Reactions: Hawki
Status
Not open for further replies.