Poll: 4chan works for good?

ShrooM_DoughKiD

Jan 14, 2010
Wow.. Half of you have no idea
mikemart said:
4chan likes cats
Almost. They FUCKING... LOVE... CATS. Also, 4chan is a website, the people of a particular board are to be thanked. the would be /b/. /b/ is, in every sense, Chaotically Neutral.
Vhite said:
'teh lulz'.
'The Lulz' was a photo of a Tomb stone the covered two plots with the names 'John & Jane' Lulz (I can't recall the actual names) A motivational poster was made that stated "The lulz" Do it for them.

You'll never truly understand /b/ until you see and experience it for yourself.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Am I the only one who thought of this when they saw the title?

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
*shrug* sometimes, yes. The Dusty the Cat incident proved that sometimes they do good things.

I say good...well justice was served on that occasion.

Yeah sometimes they do the right thing, but mostly not.

JordanMillward_1

May 19, 2009
10BIT said:
I view 4chan (or more specifically /b/, I believe that's the group we're talking about here) as chaotic neutral [http://www.cold-moon.com/images/Motivators/Alignments/ChaoticNeutral1.jpg], so whenever being good is fun to them.
Pretty much this, though most channels other than /b/ are pretty good, like /t/.

Plus, anyone that mocks Chris-Chan is alright by me.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Salviar said:
Well, since this has been brought up, I'd like to pose the following question before giving my opinion:

What the heck is 4chan? I know it's a website, I checked it out once and I don't get it. What's the appeal? What does it accomplish? I don't understand!! AH!~

OT: No. :]
4chan is an imageboard - anyone can post images, comment on them and so forth while remaining completely anonymous. There's various subsections for specific images, like animated .gifs and video games.

Basically you can find images, request images, request photoshops of your own image, mock people.... /b/, the random board, is probably the best for hilarity though purely for the inane and totally bizarre conversations that go on.

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
This has been said before, but not all 4chan is /b/. Even /b/ is just a bunch of people like you and I.

Personally, I go on /vp/ the Pokemon specific board a bit. I managed to find some guy who was giving out free Pokemon, having discovered a neat little feature with the GTS. I got a bunch of rare legendaries, Ash's Pikachu, and like 6 Shiny Eevee at Level 50.
Plus, it's fun to watch people argue over whether Isshu will be Shanghai or Manhattan.

Salviar

Dec 5, 2009
SnipErlite said:
Salviar said:
Well, since this has been brought up, I'd like to pose the following question before giving my opinion:

What the heck is 4chan? I know it's a website, I checked it out once and I don't get it. What's the appeal? What does it accomplish? I don't understand!! AH!~

OT: No. :]
4chan is an imageboard - anyone can post images, comment on them and so forth while remaining completely anonymous. There's various subsections for specific images, like animated .gifs and video games.

Basically you can find images, request images, request photoshops of your own image, mock people.... /b/, the random board, is probably the best for hilarity though purely for the inane and totally bizarre conversations that go on.
Ah yes. One of my mates told me about the random board.
I suppose I should check it out? See if hilarity ensues? :]

CaptainAverage

Jun 10, 2010
I've just been on 4chan and some of the stuff on there man.. One guy describing his 'sexy sister coming out of the shower with only a towel' fucking sick man. Paedophiles also on the site, just the odd one. Eurgh..

Leviathan_

Jan 2, 2009
Mookie_Magnus said:
This has been said before, but not all 4chan is /b/. Even /b/ is just a bunch of people like you and I.

Personally, I go on /vp/ the Pokemon specific board a bit. I managed to find some guy who was giving out free Pokemon, having discovered a neat little feature with the GTS. I got a bunch of rare legendaries, Ash's Pikachu, and like 6 Shiny Eevee at Level 50.
Plus, it's fun to watch people argue over whether Isshu will be Shanghai or Manhattan.
Ah, a fellow /tr/ainer.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
CaptainAverage said:
I've just been on 4chan and some of the stuff on there man.. One guy describing his 'sexy sister coming out of the shower with only a towel' fucking sick man. Paedophiles also on the site, just the odd one. Eurgh..
The vast majority of that is total bullshit for shock value and old copy pasta.

Hey Faggots,

My name is Adolf, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass pictures. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any pussy? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on facebook.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I was the Chancellor of Gremany, Fuhrer of the third Reich, and a damn good artist. What do you rule, other than "jack-off-to-naked-drawn-Japanese-people-land"? I also got my death camps, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It's me and my *****

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Salviar said:
Ah yes. One of my mates told me about the random board.
I suppose I should check it out? See if hilarity ensues? :]
Ermm well feel free to, I will say this though: You will see disturbing and/or disgusting images at some point. Most of it is randomness and casual racism, but every now and then something illegal and just wrong will turn up.

Good luck.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Hmm, wondrous place for good, utilising new technology where nothing could possibly go wrong?

"Welcome... to 4chan"