Poll: 7year old child charged with Sexual Assualt. Is this Sexual Assualt?

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
Arontala said:
Ummm.... Is it even possible to charge a seven-year-old with sexual assault?

Besides, if he was getting strangled, wouldn't this count as self-defense?

Also, what is the proper technique for punching someone in the crotch? Is it a crouching jab type deal?
In my home state of Arizona an eight year old was put on the sex offender registry for pissing in his own backyard. Yes the law is THAT fucked up. Just in case you want to know he was convicted of "Indecent Exposure" under Arizona state law, and so can anybody just for taking a piss in the woods. Yes that's happened as well.

OT: All I can say is, What utter and complete bullshit!

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
SwimmingRock said:
Oh, man. If this is how sexual assault works, me and every one of my childhood friends are guilty in some way. We learned from an early age that balls are the male weak spot and I got into quite a few fights as a tempermental youth. Seriously, isn't a key part of sexual assault that it needs to be sexual in some way? If the nose was the weakest spot, boys would be punching each other in the nose.

Holy shit, I just remembered a fad from when I was in high school where guys delivered sneaky nut punches to other guys as a kind of competition. Man, the arrests would pile up. What fresh lunacy America has wrought this day. I'm lovin' it, son. Alcohol is my friend.
Me and my friends did this in middle school and high school. "Tippers," they were called, and the worst day of the week was Tipper Tuesday.

No one cared, it was all in good fun and never used in a truly painful way (outside of comedic pain, at least).

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
Dags90 said:
This thread is a good example of how many people actually read articles posted in the OP rather than blindly taking the OP's interpretation as factual.
Psudo said:
Everyone's bashing on the US legal system over this, but I don't think "considering pressing charges" says anything about the US legal system. It's just finger-pointing. If he gets convicted of sexual assault for self-defense, THEN you can storm Washington, guns a-blazin'.
He's not even being considered for sexual assault charges. According to the article the OP posted, he faces suspension, or possibly being transferred to a new school. Seems entirely appropriately to me.
Could you tell me how it is ever reasonable for the victim of bullying to be in any way punished for defending himself from being choked?

Not just punished, but actually having his schooling negatively affected long term due to transfered?

Ragnarok185

Oct 14, 2011
this was self-defense nothing more. well now how many times have I sexually assaulted people....

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Craorach said:
Could you tell me how it is ever reasonable for the victim of bullying to be in any way punished for defending himself from being choked?

Not just punished, but actually having his schooling negatively affected long term due to transfered?
From what I can gather, there are no adult witnesses so it's entirely based on the words of seven year olds. I think both of them should be punished equally, and I'm not sure transferring would necessarily even be negative. If he's getting transferred away from persistent bullying, and is no longer bullied at his new school, that would be a huge gain in the long term.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I can hear the prosecuter now:

"No. You should not punch someone in the crotch, the only proper M.O. for testicular assault is kicking!"

So yes, i do find this incredibly stupid. Hopefully this doesn't go any further and all charges get dropped on account of the accusation being completely horse shit.

I do like to make my point with an educated and well formed argument :D

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Isn't that the kind of charge that can put the kid on a sex-offender list? The kind of list that is almost literally impossible to get out of? For some kids the nut-shot is the only defense they have against larger, stronger or, faster kids. This charge just reeks of bullshit to me.

Jan 22, 2011
Arontala said:

Also, what is the proper technique for punching someone in the crotch? Is it a crouching jab type deal?
yes, yes it is a boy or girl can be charged if they kiss some one on the cheek. Welcome to america.
http://www.channel3000.com/news/29827742/detail.html

Firetaffer

May 9, 2010
At least add an 'other' option to your poll. It IS sexual assault, but he should not be fined sexual assault charges for it. These kids should be able to do whatever they want, we should just try to change their views on right and wrong in these matters rather than place legal charges, solely because at an age they should be trying out stuff, so they can reflect on them in the future when they actually understand the seriousness of it.

Robert Sanders

Jul 9, 2011
SwimmingRock said:
Oh, man. If this is how sexual assault works, me and every one of my childhood friends are guilty in some way. We learned from an early age that balls are the male weak spot and I got into quite a few fights as a tempermental youth. Seriously, isn't a key part of sexual assault that it needs to be sexual in some way? If the nose was the weakest spot, boys would be punching each other in the nose.

Holy shit, I just remembered a fad from when I was in high school where guys delivered sneaky nut punches to other guys as a kind of competition. Man, the arrests would pile up. What fresh lunacy America has wrought this day. I'm lovin' it, son. Alcohol is my friend.
This is about trying to enforce law through intimidation. They turn everything into a rape charge so people will be afraid to breathe wrong. This also reminds me of some truck driver who got on the sex offender registry because someone saw him taking a leak in an alley. These lawmakers are too fucking sick for words!

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
chiggerwood said:
Arontala said:

In my home state of Arizona an eight year old was put on the sex offender registry for pissing in his own backyard. Yes the law is THAT fucked up. Just in case you want to know he was convicted of "Indecent Exposure" under Arizona state law, and so can anybody just for taking a piss in the woods. Yes that's happened as well.

OT: All I can say is, What utter and complete bullshit!
Please, a link to that story.

Ragnarok185

Oct 14, 2011
DrunkPickle said:
"Teen is charged with murder attempt after 'impersonating' an assassin at a High School Halloween Party"
WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN????? please send me a link to this.

Robert Sanders

Jul 9, 2011
asylumsweetie said:
First off, this is just plain silly. Clearly the mother of the bully is trying to dodge charges against her son for assaulting his classmates by trumping up charges of her own against her sons victims, which is a despicable manipulation of the legal system.

Second, and more importantly, I hope the driver of that bus got fired. I mean, Jesus H. Christ, if a fight has escalated to the point that people are being strangled and crotch punched, it is time to pull the damn bus over and intervene!
Intervene? The driver would lose his job just for thinking about restraining the bully, that's assault these days. You're better off doing nothing, until the police arrive on the scene too late and take the report! What the fuck is happening to this country?????

Robert Sanders

Jul 9, 2011
RanD00M said:
Colour-Scientist said:
How do they plan on punishing the child?
Usually when younger kids get charged/sued for something it's the parents that take full blame. They can't sentence him to jail, and they can't fine him, but they can fine his parents.
So the parents get to tell their child that when he gets his ass kicked, he should drop his trousers bend over and hope he at least gets a reach around?

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
I was funny for a bit until I actually read the article. For f*ck's sake, is their school so dull that they need to charge a kid who hasn't even lost all his teeth with sexual assault just so things could get a little interesting?

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
It's assault, but to say that it was sexual would be in my mind to suggest that the 7 year old was seeking sexual gratification, and frankly I think he was just trying to hurt someone.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Jarimir said:
Troublesome Lagomorph said:
Then every single male in my school would have been charged with sexual assault hundreds of times. Really. This is just retarded.
I am SO glad that kind of bullsh*t didnt go on when I was a kid. I remember kicking a kid in the nuts once, accidentally. I felt horrible about it for days.

Then or now if someone came up to me and hit me in the nuts on purpose, I would beat the ever-loving crap out of them AND then charge them with sexual assault.

How'd you like THEM apples?!
When I was a kid convinced girls to show me their panties.

I don't even want to imagine what would happen if a kid did that now...

Rin Little

Jul 24, 2011
Oh yeah, a kid trying to defend himself while being choked and having his property stolen is guilty of sexual harassment for pinching the kid attacking him in the crotch... Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people?!