Poll: 7year old child charged with Sexual Assualt. Is this Sexual Assualt?

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
If it's self defense then it isn't a sexual assault. He didn't do it for a sexual reason, he just wanted to defend himself. The best way to do this if your oponent is male and stronger than you, is to attack the nether regions. Just because it involves the genitals, doesn't mean it was meant in a sexual way. That kid probably doesn't even really know what sexual means.
I remember school fights, sometimes one of the two who are fighting, would lose it and just go wild. It wasn't such a rare case that the genitals would get hurt during such a fight but I don't remember anyone ever claiming that it was a sexual assault. It's just kids losing control and hitting wildly.
I don't really care how the exact story goes, this is already utterly idiotic, simply because it's even considered to be sexual assault. Whether he'll really get charged or not doesn't matter for me in this case.

I'm pretty sure that the school knows it isn't a sexual assault but they're afraid that they'll get sued if they don't do something.

Robert Sanders

Jul 9, 2011
Orinon said:
Ok, the kid was being choked, after getting his gloves stolen, so when he kicked him in the crotch (i read the article and that's more likely) but it would seem that no one cares about the kid, and he was sexually assaulting someone?
Hang on a second I'm going to look up sexual assault here.
Alright I looked, and yes the kid did make contact, but Often it's also the nature of the contact. Sexual assault would be if I slapped a girl on the butt, or groped her chest, or even just wrapping my arms around her and pulling her really close to me could count, And they count because the reason I did these actions is because my actions were motivated by a Sexual urge. But a kid kicking another kid in the groin, because he's being choked? He was trying to fight the kid off. I don't know what's wrong with this school but I sure hope this kid Doesn't have to suffer because some adult is an idiot.
And I Might edit in a picture later.
By their own sick and twisted logic, how would slapping someone on the ass be sexual assault. The ass is not a sexual organ, by definition anyway.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
Unless he reached over and started to fondle the bully's crotch, it isn't sexual assault. It's just assault- a defensive assault! =P

Actually, it really should be viewed as self defense. That was the intention seeing that a shot delivered to that area was meant to hurt or incapacitate his attacker and thus freeing himself from being strangled.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
Craorach said:
Dags90 said:
This thread is a good example of how many people actually read articles posted in the OP rather than blindly taking the OP's interpretation as factual.
Psudo said:
Everyone's bashing on the US legal system over this, but I don't think "considering pressing charges" says anything about the US legal system. It's just finger-pointing. If he gets convicted of sexual assault for self-defense, THEN you can storm Washington, guns a-blazin'.
He's not even being considered for sexual assault charges. According to the article the OP posted, he faces suspension, or possibly being transferred to a new school. Seems entirely appropriately to me.
Could you tell me how it is ever reasonable for the victim of bullying to be in any way punished for defending himself from being choked?

Not just punished, but actually having his schooling negatively affected long term due to transfered?
it's what all the schools now a days are doing. I'm fresh out of high school and anytime htere was a fight, both students were suspended, instigator and self defence be damned. Multiple times I had to get my parents to go ***** at the principle to get me off.

and before you ask, the principle didn't care about your opinion until you graduated, so yes, I had to get my parents to do it for me :p

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Yeah... 3rd option is really, really fitting.

Here, I was thinking they were gonna mention some little kid playing "mommy and daddy" with a 7 year old girl or whatever. Which would still be no. But this?! Are they effing kidding???

TastySurvivor

Vault-Tec Beat Writer
Jun 14, 2010
that other kid should have been charged with sexual assault too. I like to be choked when im having...I mean what?

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009
Sober Thal said:
Either way, the kid looks like a trouble maker, and he admitted to starting the fight. He should be punished.
Ah, good to see the world has not quite reached the level of tolerance where we don't judge people as troublemakers based on their appearances. Also go back and read the article again because it's stated that the kid only claimed to have started the fight because the staff refused to believe him and essentially coerced him. Remember that "told" is not necessarily the same as "admitted".

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
We live in a society where rape is treated worse than murder. Shouldn't we expect other sex crimes to be taken to an extreme?

By sex crimes, I mean any unwanted action involving a sexual organ.

Rengiil

Dec 3, 2011
Punching people in the crotch is a past time at my school. Another past time would be "titty twisting" whereas the titty twister would grab the victims nipples and twist them till they pop off. Or when one's waiting in line for lunch the person behind them would put their hands together with their index fingers outstretched, and see how far it could go up your bum. Ya, if punching somebody in the crotch is sexual harrasment I'd say about 60% of the student population needs a stern talking to!

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
this is not sexual assault, it is self defence.

I don't know about the us, but the law was changed in the uk so that children can legally respond and defend themselves from attack/bullying because it is a self defence mechanism that they have little control over

so, frankly this entire thing is total bull on every level

JackyG said:
So a nut shot is sexual assault now? I think not...
it's nothing to do with nut shots, and everything to do with this new politically correct world bs that people seem hell bent on creating

what they don't realize is the easier it is to insult someone the more it's going to happen maliciously because people are cruel, calculating bastards
go watch demolition man to see what i mean, it's a felony to swear in that film and that's where the world is going frankly, it's sickening.

if you have a world where nobody cares if you swear at them and nobody bats an eyelid at it, what scope does someone have to insult you ?
go train in the army they abuse you from day one and you just become immune to it
it's very simple

unfortunately the suits that run the world are clueless, so whatev's.

also, i 'really' want to see a woman brought up on sexual assault charges for kicking a rapist in the nuts.
that would just make this whole p-c world picture complete

hold water these allegations do not.

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
BloatedGuppy said:
Volf99 said:
So apparently in Boston a first grader named Mark Curran, 7yrs old, is being charged with sexual assault because he punched one of his male classmates in the crouch.
There's nothing wrong with punching someone in the crouch, and it's certainly not sexual assault. Many types of martial arts employ crouching punches, including Tiger Style Kung Fu, Dragon Style Kung Fu, and of course Crouching Style Kung Fu.
The great part is even without a martial arts system or training, we're all familiar with this move on some basic survival level:

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
punching someone in the dick is not sexual assault, its assault AT MOST, and in this case its self defense.

now, dry humping a co-worker is sexual assault.
god get over it Mercedes....

NEW LAW!!!! Now one is eligible for sexual offense unless they have gone through puberty, and old enough to understand what it is. (about 11 and up) and even then, they can't be CHARGED with a crime, the school deals their own punishment so you don't ruin a snot nose brats life for something he/she doesn't understand!

Its like charging a retarded person for tax evasion! YOU CANT FUCKING DO IT!!! THEY DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS!!!

FUCK I HATE THIS GOD DAMN PLANET!!!!

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
Emailed the superintendents office and the super herself. This is beyond ridiculous.

email:http://www.cityofboston.gov/contact/default.aspx

NBSRDan

Aug 15, 2009
'punched in the crotch...' - that's not sexual assault, that's assault.
'...after being strangled' - that's not assault, that's self-defense.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
hooksashands said:
The great part is even without a martial arts system or training, we're all familiar with this move on some basic survival level:
You've somehow found a combination crouch punch/crotch punch. My hat is off to you, Sir.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Need more info to pass judgement. Based on the info given; no, it's self defence.
The information available to us however, is almost certainly lacking some vital points.

Schools don't randomly throw "Sexual assault" at 7 year olds.