Poll: 7year old child charged with Sexual Assualt. Is this Sexual Assualt?

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
So how is this different to any other scenario when the bullied victim fight back? Yes I did read he punch him in the balls but I assume he did it to maximize the pain to the bully.
That kid should get a Peace Prize or something. Nothing says "We don't tolerate bullies" like making it impossible for d***-wanks to have kids. (Seriously, what kind of messed up kid must he be to strangle Mark and steal his gloves? At age 7! That's not even crazy-hormone-teenage years, that's just being a sociopath!).

OT: Good for him. Too bad the 'official system' set in place clearly doesn't know how to actually function with the people they are meant to be helping (children).

EDIT:
cpt blackamar said:
oh america, when will you realize that the world sees you as complete dumbasses?
I think they do, but the dumb-arses that give them that image clearly can't multi-task for beans; be aware that they are being dumb-arses AND act like dumb-arses? That's absurd!

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Mirror Cage said:
A friend of mine was in a similar situation back in grade school. He tripped at the top of a flight of stairs and in his flailing to catch himself ended up grabbing a passing female's chest (I'm reasonably sure that he didn't orchestrate this just to cop a feel).
He got a similar charge, but was let off with a few therapy sessions with the school counselor.

I don't really see how that would be sexual assault. Regular assault, maybe. But doesn't the sexual kind require something...sexual to be done?
Yeah, I've accidentally grabbed a boob to avoid falling over.

The big deal made of it is hilarious.

Although, there's a point, had a guy punched a girl in the boob, would that have proceeded further than the LOLWTFNO stage?

I'm inclined to say 'yes'.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I think it says a lot for my level of desensitization to extreme stupidity that I'm not even surprised by News like this any more. Before I would have asked, "Didn't we navigate and map every square inch of our planet? Didn't we split the atom? Didn't we go into space? We, as a species, can't be this dumb, surely?"

But not any more :(

Sagacious Zhu

Oct 17, 2011
It's not sexual assault...but it is completely wrong. You don't just punch another man in the balls...not cool Mark Curran

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Well, if this turned out to be sexual assault then it's good news for rapists out there. Next time they try to forcefully rape someone they won't be able to defend themselves by punching, kicking, kneeing, or otherwise harming their testicles without being charged for being the sexual predator they really are.

All sarcasm aside though, this is silly. I don't think the typical 7 year old could even have the capacity to understand why touching someone else's junk in a sexual manner would be wrong. not that it matters since if there's any truth to that story he was simply defending himself by attacking the most vulnerable target on the male body.

If they even try to discipline this kid for defending himself when he was being attacked and choked by a bully then the school administrators will need to be swiftly fired.

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
Wow counting the number of times I've punched bullies/nasty people in the crotch I must be a sexual deviant.

Hit them where it hurts.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
A punch in the crotch is grievous bodily harm at it the most... Besides, if every kid got the same sentence as him for this than i'm pretty sure the majority of the human race will be in jail.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Self defense + weak spot = sexual assault.

Guess Link is a rapist now.

SwimmingRock said:
Oh, man. If this is how sexual assault works, me and every one of my childhood friends are guilty in some way. We learned from an early age that balls are the male weak spot and I got into quite a few fights as a tempermental youth. Seriously, isn't a key part of sexual assault that it needs to be sexual in some way? If the nose was the weakest spot, boys would be punching each other in the nose.

Holy shit, I just remembered a fad from when I was in high school where guys delivered sneaky nut punches to other guys as a kind of competition. Man, the arrests would pile up. What fresh lunacy America has wrought this day. I'm lovin' it, son. Alcohol is my friend.
You are my new role model.

Psudo

Nov 18, 2011
Everyone's bashing on the US legal system over this, but I don't think "considering pressing charges" says anything about the US legal system. It's just finger-pointing. If he gets convicted of sexual assault for self-defense, THEN you can storm Washington, guns a-blazin'.

Eve Charm

Aug 10, 2011
Even tho the kid did one of the few things he could do to fight back to stop being bulled, he's still being bullied now, now by the kid, by the school, by the police, and so on. if we keep doing bs like this it probably would of been better if he brought a weapon and dealt with the bully permanently. At least that'd be one of his problems solved.

Really if you can't see someone getting chocked and stuff stolen and no one does anything about it, something is going to snap.

enriquetnt

Mar 20, 2010
in my country nobody got suspension for fighting because no one was stupid enough to fight IN the school, we waited till we go out and go to town, as i remember the whole concept of "suspension" didn't existed you would get a citation for your parents to meet the principal, and have one strike on your record, if you skip classes and didnt have a justified reason (doctors note or parent actually coming whit you to explain whi you skipped a day) youll get another strike, three strikes and you where expelled from the school or high school and snubbed out of the system so you could not get in any other public school ever (unlike the US in my time public schools where far better than private ones, now is the other way around, but public is free all the way to college so gettin snubbed out of the system means no free college diploma which could be quite a tragedy for most familys) you can imagine that we behaved really good in those schools, no bullying of any kind, no disrespecting teachers, the system was harsh but worked like a charm, nowadays is just like the US, alumni do whatever they damn please, teachers live in fear of being accused of mistreating or sexually assaulting alumni, and the strong bully the weak, that's no way of passing trough school)

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
This thread is a good example of how many people actually read articles posted in the OP rather than blindly taking the OP's interpretation as factual.
Psudo said:
Everyone's bashing on the US legal system over this, but I don't think "considering pressing charges" says anything about the US legal system. It's just finger-pointing. If he gets convicted of sexual assault for self-defense, THEN you can storm Washington, guns a-blazin'.
He's not even being considered for sexual assault charges. According to the article the OP posted, he faces suspension, or possibly being transferred to a new school. Seems entirely appropriately to me.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
...Shut up.

No really that is all I've got for this, go sit in the corner and think about what bullshit you be spewing.

Yukichin

Mar 26, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
I gotta give it to that kid, i wiuld not have thought to punch my bullies in the balls.

Anyway, according to the <url=http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?dbName=DocumentViewer&DocumentID=32369#1>definition the national center for victims of crime the defintion is Sexual assault takes many forms including attacks such as rape or attempted rape, as well as any unwanted sexual contact or threats. Usually a sexual assault occurs when someone touches any part of another person's body in a sexual way, even through clothes, without that person's consent. Some types of sexual acts which fall under the category of sexual assault include forced sexual intercourse (rape), sodomy (oral or anal sexual acts), child molestation, incest, fondling and attempted rape. Sexual assault in any form is often a devastating crime. Assailants can be strangers, acquaintances, friends, or family members. Assailants commit sexual assault by way of violence, threats, coercion, manipulation, pressure or tricks. Whatever the circumstances, no one asks or deserves to be sexually assaulted.

I think we can safely assume the bully did not want to want to be punched int he balls. So yes, it is.

HOWEVER, if he gets charged with sexual assault, i hope that bully gets charged with attempted murder, theft, and just regular assault for choking the kid and stealing hsi gloves.

EDIT: apparently Im having troubles with my 'u's and 'i's today.
"In a sexual way", though; the boy only hit him in the balls to get him to stop strangling him.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Then every single male in my school would have been charged with sexual assault hundreds of times. Really. This is just retarded.

Kurt Horsting

Jul 3, 2008
See, the biggest problem is the intent of the child. The 7 year old must intentionally have try to preform sexual acts and inappropriate sexual contact on his victim. Striking a person's genitalia is not a sexual act nor was it the intention of the child to do this as a sexual attack. This would be assault if he where not currently being attacked and fearing for his life. Therefore this attack would be justified. Case closed.