Poll: A Petition To The Escapist Regarding Andy Chalk and Farming Simulator 2013

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
This whole Farming Simulator thing has grown into a some kind of a The Escapist-inside joke/meme... I don't really get it. Guess it's cool, but I've never been one for massive inside jokes. Whatever makes you chuckle, maybe I'm just getting old. :)

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
TheRussian said:
But in all seriousness, we don't need a specific person to review a specific game, that'll result in a biased review.
And where, pray tell, might one find an unbiased review?

Except for <url=http://www.destructoid.com/100-objective-review-final-fantasy-xiii-179178.phtml>this one. That is the exception to the rule, and quite obviously done as a joke.

OT: This must happen. Hopefully it's in the cards.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
deathninja said:
Krantos said:
erm... what do the British farm?
Around here (East Mids.) It's mainly rape (canola I think you call it).
And that response would have been hilarious without the clarification. :D

And it turns out (from 2 minutes research) that canola is a modified version of rape.

For those [a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapeseed"]unfamiliar.[/a]

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
I AM IN FAVOUR OF THIS PROPOSITION!

Also in favour of the addendum of the multi-part playthrough and the general farm-related content, such as a Miracle of Sound song, a Yahtzee review and a Jimquisition, all about the game Farming Simulator 2013.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Krantos said:
And that response would have been hilarious without the clarification. :D
Was planning to leave it out, but then again I didn't want to risk breaking the forums again...

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
YES YES YES YES YES.

Also, YES.

We need to see Andy Chalk show us his plow hydraulics while doing some 360 no-scope cornshots.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
Lizardon said:
Just a review?

After all the hype and excitement in his articles, I expect nothing less than a multipart Lets Play updated daily.
YES! He must do this. He would love it so much. Then we'll get to enjoy his enjoyment of the greatest farming sim EVER!

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Absolutely. Are there any good peripherals for him to use with the game? Flight sim games are great when you have all those fancy sticks, foot pedals and instrument panels, I can only imagine a farming sim would be the same. Make sure different forms of farming are covered. I want to see high density dairy farming, low density sheep stations, various crop farming, organ farming, pig farming, chicken (meat and egg farms), server farming, salmon farming, gold farming and the all important caviar farms.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
DustyDrB said:
Ugh... Sweet!
I'd rather have to work a double shift than so that I can afford to play that. Seems super boring awesome. If he does review it, I want the process on film. I need to see how long he lasts before he falls asleep on the keyboard can't contain his excitement and pleasure, and gives the game a 5 out of 5.
You seem to have left out a few words. Happens. Fixed it for you.

Also, I agree with the (updated) version of what this man said. Let's get it on film.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
getoffmycloud said:
I think the escapist should just have a farming simulator 2013 appreciation week
I fully endorse this. Make this an unofficial addon to the petition.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
Spoiler alert: it didn't live up to the hype and because of that, it sucks.

but in all seriousness, YES. FARMING SIMULATOR 2013 APPRECIATION WEEK. DO IT NAO.