Poll: A small dilemma regarding drug possession

FuktLogik

Jan 6, 2010
Vykrel said:
the 16 year old son part makes me say yes, you should report them to the police.

its probably already too late for that kid. i guarantee hes going to be an addict for the next ten years or so.
Are you speaking from any kind of personal experience, or just talking out your ass? People with addictive personalities will get addicted to whatever is available, be it drugs, or booze, with or without the influence of others. I started doing blow of my own volition, and quit in much the same fashion about 8 months later.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
I was about to say its their choice what to do with it...
But supplying it to their 16 yr old son... No no no no no, send them down.

FuktLogik

Jan 6, 2010
silent_noir_67 said:
I mean cocaine is getting up there with gangs and mobs and stuff soo yeahh...
You've learned everything you know about drugs from T.V, haven't you?

Broax

May 17, 2010
Honestly... I think it's his problem... I wouldn't report him to the police. I would more quickly report his brother to child services as I don't think it's... "healthy" for a 16 year old to live in such an environment... Other then that, if he's not selling and if he's not bothering anyone (yet) then I would leave him alone. I had a couple of friends that did coke and I wasn't very into hanging out with them so I stopped seeing them as I know where that train always leads to... But if they wanna screw up their life it's their problem.

A word of advise though... If you go through with it and report him to the cops be sure you can handle the consequences. I'm not saying for you not to do what you believe is right but if they find out you rated them out have no doubt that there will be consequences on your side. Reporting junkies (specially if they sell) can bring you a ton of problems if they know where you live and since you have friends in common I'll assume he does know that.

If you do report him don't be all high and mighty to the point you tell ANYONE it was you. Don't tell your parents, don't tell your brothers, don't tell your girlfriend or any of your friends... If you need to tell someone tell a psychologist or a priest as at least they have to maintain professional silence.

That said... Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
At 16 you should be able to make your own choice on drugs, at that point it's either you're going to do it or not and either get it out of your system and stop or be in the minority that can't handle it and get caught up in it all.

16 is around the age they're going to get curious about such things and go do them if they want to regardless of parental control.

To be honest, it's likely better he's getting it from a trusted source rather than the alternative.

As for reporting him, you're incredibly naive if you think adding law enforcement would make that situation any better.

FuktLogik

Jan 6, 2010
Blablahb said:
FuktLogik said:
You've learned everything you know about drugs from T.V, haven't you?
One can't just casually dismiss responsibility for what you're funding if you're purchasing drugs. Coke fiends are responsible for the war and all the misery in Colombia, and if you ask me, the way we treat and punish them should reflect this.
Buddy seemed to be insinuating that if you do coke, you are involved with gangs and the mafia by default, which is utter bullshit. People have this stereotypical idea about drugs that is more fantasy that real. The sale of drugs is a business, like the sale of any other commodity. The involvement of most dealers with gangs or the mafia is non existent. Most dealers just get their supplies from other people like them, and distribute it accordingly to turn a profit, like businesses that buy wholesale and jack up the price by selling smaller portions, you know, like most normal businesses do.

Also, replace the term "coke fiends" with "US government" and you're on the right track.

Also, that's a slippery slope your trundling up. You know who's responsible for the turmoil in Africa? Greedy women who want big shiny rings from their fiancees. Ever heard the term "blood diamond"?

You know who contributes to child labor and poor working conditions in china and other third world countries? People who buy anything made in those countries.

Everything that people want is a commodity. The main reason drugs are illegal is because it would have been difficult to regulate and control them, which means the government would have a hard time taxing them.

Know what, fuck it. I just don't feel motivated enough to want to enlighten you on all the topics your statement brings to mind.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
FuktLogik said:
Vykrel said:
the 16 year old son part makes me say yes, you should report them to the police.

its probably already too late for that kid. i guarantee hes going to be an addict for the next ten years or so.
Are you speaking from any kind of personal experience, or just talking out your ass?
please, dont be a dick.

im mainly just speculating. honestly, when you picture a 16 year old that not only does hard drugs, but was introduced to them by his parents, do you picture that kid doing okay in life?

the only personal experience i have is my cousin who got introduced to drugs at a young age, and still does them in his late twenties. the last i heard of him, he was hiding his truck to avoid having it get repossessed, and he was leeching off of our grandfather.

also, it may have been easy for you to quit, but that might be because whenever you went to visit mom and dad, they werent snorting cocaine and inviting you to join them. just sayin

FuktLogik

Jan 6, 2010
Vykrel said:
FuktLogik said:
Vykrel said:

Are you speaking from any kind of personal experience, or just talking out your ass?
please, dont be a dick.

im mainly just speculating. honestly, when you picture a 16 year old that not only does hard drugs, but was introduced to them by his parents, do you picture that kid doing okay in life?

the only personal experience i have is my cousin who got introduced to drugs at a young age, and still does them in his late twenties. the last i heard of him, he was hiding his truck to avoid having it get repossessed, and he was leeching off of our grandfather.

also, it may have been easy for you to quit, but that might be because whenever you went to visit mom and dad, they werent snorting cocaine and inviting you to join them. just sayin
I wasn't trying to be a dick. Just keep in mind that when you use the statement " I guarantee" followed by something you know little about, you are essentially talking out of your ass. Also keep in mind that all of this is hearsay from an anonymous internet source (Topic Creator). He was very vague on the details of the 16 year old and his parents, which is the thing people replying to this thread seem to be hung up on.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Spade Lead said:
Phlakes said:
they (obviously) have cocaine at that house, and even give it to the other, 16 year old son.
You typed that out and had to actually finish the post to ask us if reporting them was the right thing to do? You are one sick fuck.
I wanted to ask people what they thought, and from the poll results, and that one douche on the second page, opinions differ. I've already made up my mind. In fact, our police department has an online reporting system. I forgot the number of the house so I figured I'd drive by there one more time, then fill out a report later today.

Also, it's a funny thing that the people who don't advocate drug use are the ones who aren't getting defensive and insulting.

FuktLogik said:
Phlakes said:
You know whats worse than people who do drugs in the privacy of their own home? People who rat them out because they've been brainwashed into thinking drugs are worse than alcohol.
I knew someone like you would turn up.

I love how because we have different opinions we've been "brainwashed".

Wait... Now that I look back at your posts, I can't help but think you're just a clever troll...

FuktLogik

Jan 6, 2010
Phlakes said:
Funny how you say that when you're not respecting that family's opinion and are intending to report them, which will likely land a few of them in jail, put the 16 year old in a juvenile correctional facility, and have social services take him away from his parents, provided he's not already 19 by the time he gets out.

I'm fine with people having their own opinions about pretty much everything, but you go so far as to force your moral opinion on that family by reporting them to the cops.

Everyone has a vice, let them have theirs.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
FuktLogik said:
Phlakes said:
I'm fine with people having their own opinions about pretty much everything, but you go so far as to force your moral opinion on that family by reporting them to the cops.
It's not my opinion, it's the law.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Yep, that's right people, report them to the police and separate the family. That's clearly the best option. Totally doesn't fuck with the kid for life.

Amalith

Mar 29, 2009
FuktLogik said:
Phlakes said:
Funny how you say that when you're not respecting that family's opinion and are intending to report them, which will likely land a few of them in jail, put the 16 year old in a juvenile correctional facility, and have social services take him away from his parents, provided he's not already 19 by the time he gets out.

Everyone has a vice, let them have theirs.
I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one. By reporting them to the police you aren't helping them. AT ALL. You're just screwing up their life worse with most likely jail time, and if not, big fines. If you really wanna help, get them some HELP, not more trouble. Getting the police involved will make things much worse.

Heathrow

Jul 2, 2009
Phlakes said:
I knew someone like you would turn up.

Wait... Now that I look back at your posts, I can't help but think you're just a clever troll...
Brainwashed is a hyperbolic term, maybe he's suggesting that you only have secondhand knowledge of the true effect and cause of drug use on people and he resents that you now have power over people who are actually living down the result of the war on drugs.

I would like to look at this from a practical view, what do you intend to accomplish by this? Reporting a random family for their drug habit isn't going to impact the flow of drugs in this country in any way. Dealers will still deal and users will still use. At best you significantly impact a home for a short time at worst you will break up a family.

I can not urge you enough to not do what you are considering, you owe this family the courtesy of telling them you plan on reporting them. After all they were honest with you about their use of drugs, shouldn't you be honest with them about how you feel? It strikes me as unbelievably low simply to write them off.

At the very least you should know that what you are doing is not justice, law is the preferences of the many imposed on the rights of the few, all you are doing is making other people conform to a lifestyle you are comfortable with; that is neither right nor wrong.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
The thing about grassing Cocaine dealers to the Police is, it's best to do it anonymously so that there's not any chance it can be traced back to you.

If you are going to do it, then it's best not to make a public thread on the internet telling the world how you are going to report some drug dealers to the Police, especially on a profile that has what appears to be your real name attached to it, a name that when entered into Google yields numerous hits and information, including a public photo album that appears to have 62 photos of your face [http://picasaweb.google.com/113960247569850722960/EpicJourney]...

I don't know whether the name in your Escapist profile is your real name, I kind of hope it is, otherwise your actions could get that poor guy in that photo album into a whole lot of trouble.

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
Cocaine is one of the most addictive and dangerous drugs in the world. A 16 year old hooked on it is unthinkable. They need to go to rehab and clean up before someone dies.