Poll: A video demonstrating how your memories mess with you.

the spud

May 2, 2011
Watch the following video, then answer the poll.

Don't look below until you have seen the video.

I'm sorry if this has been done before but that blew my mind. If you saw the you know what say yes in the poll.

Edit: Added a link since it won't embed

the spud

May 2, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
Um... video's broken. Protip: If in doubt, press preview.
Any idea of what I did to make it break? I thought I did everything right.

the spud

May 2, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
the spud said:
SirBryghtside said:
Um... video's broken. Protip: If in doubt, press preview.
Any idea of what I did to make it break? I thought I did everything right.
you copy/pasted the wrong bit. For the URL you gave, the bit in square brackets should have been youtube=vJG698U2Mvo - everything past the 'equals' sign :)

Edit: and I got both of the questions 'right'. Sorry, I guess :p
Alright, I got things worked out, thanks for the help!

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
Easy one. This one is far too well known to trick most people.

Try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGQmdoK_ZfY&feature=related

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Unfortunately I've seen this before. Thing is, the video is titled selective awareness, so people can kind of expect what's going to happen.
If you want awesome brain fuckery, well.There's actually a really cool Cracked article on this stuff, let me see if I can dig it up.

Bon_Clay

Aug 5, 2010
I've seen many of this type of thing before, so I knew there was going to be something like that, and therefore couldn't miss it.

Legless Zombie

Jul 4, 2011
the spud said:
Watch the following video, then answer the poll.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG698U2Mvo&feature

I'm sorry if this has been done before but that blew my mind. If you saw the you know what say yes in the poll.

This is awesome, Thanks for sharing. I just bought the invisible gorilla off Amazon because of this. Thank You!

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Sorry but I've seen this before. First time I saw this I totally missed the gorilla.

brunothepig said:
Unfortunately I've seen this before. Thing is, the video is titled selective awareness, so people can kind of expect what's going to happen.
If you want awesome brain fuckery, well.There's actually a really cool Cracked article on this stuff, let me see if I can dig it up.
Wow I didn't realise what he was doing at the start. The other guy looked a lot like him.

DaKiller

Jan 15, 2011
I didn't get the count right cuz i got distracted by the gorilla...

does that count as no?

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
the spud said:

... was I not supposed to notice the guy in the gorilla suit? Cause I noticed him. He made me lose count. ^^;;

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
DaKiller said:
I didn't get the count right cuz i got distracted by the gorilla...

does that count as no?
**high five**

Horrah! We're both apparently very attentive people... who are easily distracted by people in gorilla suits.

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
I missed 3 of the passes thanks to the people in black shirts getting in the way, but yes, I did see the gorilla as I counted.

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
Pretty proud of myself there, counted all 15 passes and noticed the gorilla. I didn't lock eyes on the gorilla, more saw it stroll in, clocked it, and continued counting. I made sure to register the double S and trio of life doors too.

I'm quite an attentive and possess an extensive memory too - which I use to my advantage both professionally and personally. One thing I can actually be grateful of my upbringing.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
I guess fourteen because I saw one I wasn't sure if they had passed it, and I saw the gorillia. Off by one, not bad.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
There's another really interesting one:
The first time I watched it, I didn't notice anything. Of course now that it's posted on a topic like this, you'll know to look for something strange.

Ryu-Kage

May 6, 2011
Apollo45 said:
Easy one. This one is far too well known to trick most people.

Try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGQmdoK_ZfY&feature=related
I did notice the curtain out the corner of my eye, but I didn't notice the player backing out of the game.

Kieros

Jul 4, 2011
I always seem to miss one pass. In the fist video, I counted 14, and saw the gorilla. In the second, I counted 15, saw the gorilla, watched the color change, and wondered "Wait, why are only two leaving off to the left side, while three on the right?" so I think a partial observance of the person leaving the game.

Marmal4de

Apr 4, 2010
First time I saw the ending I was sure this was a joke, how could I have missed a gorilla strolling through the middle of the screen? I should have guessed from the video title that something like this would happen, but I suppose the power of "Ooh a bouncy ball... shiny" got the best of me. Well at least I got the number of passes right.