Poll: According to my peers, PC gaming is inferior to consoles.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Danny 6Speed said:
ReinWeisserRitter said:
Danny 6Speed said:
alimarin said:
Danny 6Speed said:
You are not part of a Glorious Golden Race.

You're the one that's not reading it properly, honestly. Sounds a lot more like a sensitive area that you've been dying to vent about.
Just because you didn't say it outright does not mean people will think it. Most of console gamers are tired with PC gamers expecting everybody to pay $2000 for things to look shiny.

[Internet Psychologists]
I got my gaming PC for a grand total of $700 including the monitor. What's a console and HDTV of any value cost? The same or more expensive? Sounds about right.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
your friends are idiots,

no system is better then another, nit pick all you want, PC isn't better then consul gaming and consuls are not better then PCs. its about what you want form your gaming experience.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
OhJohnNo said:
Also, ignore comments like that. Arguments like that please only the trolls.
But it's so hilarious to see people make cases for arguments that are completely irrelevant. It gives us something to do when we can't be assed shagging our women. :D

Sigma Van Lockheart

Jun 7, 2011
[/quote]

Most of console gamers are tired with PC gamers expecting everybody to pay $2000 for things to look shiny.

[Internet Psychologists][/quote]

I was going to be nice but now I?m not. I?ll use the ps3 for this right when the ps3 first came out it cost £425 for the 60gig (taken from yahoo answers) now assuming you own a office pc for work/schoolwork they cost around £200-300(cheap ones) now add that together and you get oh £625 or £725 now if you had used that money to by a gaming pc built for gaming you would have a very good model and play most if not all games on ultra while maintaining a good fps. Now not only would this be able to play games but it could also do that work/schoolwork that the office pc was. I?m not going to claim that pc gamers are better but our hardware is. Consoles have their uses and I understand the need to own one after all I use to be a console gamer myself I just took the next step and upgraded is all.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
I'm mostly fine with most of the elitism, but when those people who are good at a game with a good PC say "90% of the world is stupid" just because they aren't good at a game, not relating anything to say actual occupations or education, I saw this with people complaining about MW3 sales, really? The world is bad just because a game sold well? That specifically pisses me off.

IKSA said:
you forgot superior controls...
Depends on the game and personal experience. Things like driving games and flight simulators for example. Consoles also have more players on multiplatform games so there's that.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Rodrigo Girao said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
They've been making gamepads for PCs for a looooong time now, even before consoles went USB.
Good luck finding one that doesn't suck.
Gravis standard, got it in 2000. Still works, still is awesome.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
A PC can do everything a console can do, and about fifty times more. Anyone who says PC gaming is in any way inferior to console gaming is a liar. Prefer playing with a gamepad? Plug in an Xbox 360 controller to your PC. You now essentially have an Xbox. Plug your PC up to your TV, and you have the console experience, plus better graphics, plus more choice in titles, better (free!) online systems, and you're not tied to a subscription or ID.

Oh, and then when your PC falls out of date, just throw in some more RAM and a newer videocard and your beastie becomes a beast. Closed hardware systems will never ever be more superior than PCs, and PC gaming will always have more breadth and depth and SCOPE than console gaming. This is no mere opinion, this is FACT.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
ReinWeisserRitter said:
This is as inane and tiresome as any other console war. Inform your friends they're retarded for saying such things and move on with your lives.
This.

Neither PC's nor consoles are superior. They each have their strengths and weaknesses. Stfu and live with it.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Speaking as a PC gamer. Technically, PC is superior to consoles, there is absolutely no denying it because it's fact. A PC is capable of much more and is much more versatile in every single way. PC's can also play any console game in 1080p or higher (as in, two, three times higher) where most games only really go up to 720p on consoles, with as high anti-alising as you like, *usually* crisper and more high quality graphics in general, and with a solid 60fps if you have the setup for it. (where as a lot of console games run on about 30fps which is very jarring if you're used to smoother frames)

That does not mean that PC's are a superior choice than consoles, because there are other factors too, rather than just technical factors which is what PC elitists focus on.

Price is one huge factor (yes, the $2000 bullshit is nonsense but PC's are still undoubtably more expensive to build and maintain than it costs to simply buy a console and keep it for 5, 6, 7 years.) Also, consoles encounter much less problems than PC's. PC's can get all kinds of shitty problems due to hardware incompatibilities, we also get more buggy releases in general, theres also DRM to contend with if you care about that (I personally couldn't care less even with Ubisoft's DRM.)

We also get less game releases than consoles... PC gaming is certainly not dying though, we get the majority of all the decent console games plus our own exclusives so that is and always has been a baseless claim... But there's certainly a lot less if you're the kind of gamer who needs two or three new games every month.

Overall, neither is better than the other because it all depends on what YOU personally want from a system. That's all there is to it.

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Sorry.
HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Okay okaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Ha HA.
Ha. Aahh.
Okay, lets see.
Game selection-PC has more, consoles lack RTS and MMO genres entirely.
Control Scheme-Try playing with a 360 controller in a PC multiplayer match, see how much you get owned.
Graphics-My graphics card alone is more powerful then 3 XBoxes combined, and thats just the graphics card.
Distribution-Disks? DISKS? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Frostbite3789 said:
Danny 6Speed said:
ReinWeisserRitter said:
Danny 6Speed said:
alimarin said:
Danny 6Speed said:

You're the one that's not reading it properly, honestly. Sounds a lot more like a sensitive area that you've been dying to vent about.
Just because you didn't say it outright does not mean people will think it. Most of console gamers are tired with PC gamers expecting everybody to pay $2000 for things to look shiny.

[Internet Psychologists]
I got my gaming PC for a grand total of $700 including the monitor. What's a console and HDTV of any value cost? The same or more expensive? Sounds about right.
And you can upgrade your graphics card for far less then a new console costs.

Tim Mazzola

Dec 27, 2010
It's not inferior, it's just not better, and a lot of bitter console gamers are tired of PC gamers trying to say that it is.

The only reason I prefer console gaming is that the controls are vastly superior and feel way more natural. I play PC games too, though, and they have their own advantages, but honestly, it all balances out.

Tim Mazzola

Dec 27, 2010
brainslurper said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Sorry.
Ha HA.
Ha. Aahh.
Okay, lets see.
Control Scheme-Try playing with a 360 controller in a PC multiplayer match, see how much you get owned.
Graphics-My graphics card alone is more powerful then 3 XBoxes combined, and thats just the graphics card.
In all my life I have never seen anything that even comes close to how pompous and trolly this is.

You are why everyone hates PC gamers.

Tim Mazzola

Dec 27, 2010
brainslurper said:
Tim Mazzola said:
brainslurper said:
Sorry.
Ha HA.
Ha. Aahh.
Okay, lets see.
In all my life I have never seen anything that even comes close to how pompous and trolly this is.

You are why everyone hates PC gamers.
COME AT ME BRO
Obvious troll is obvious.

Why the hell do I still come here...

alimarin

Jun 4, 2009
ElPatron said:
alimarin said:
I can't believe companies are moving away simply because 'It's outdated, get a console because we make 6.02x10^23 dollars a year from them.'
+1000 internets for using Avogadro's number
Thanks for the internets, good sir

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Danny 6Speed said:

I hate it when PC gamers think they are better than me.
Unless you bring it with you, you're not going to find much PC/console-elitism on these forums. Not anything intentional as "thinking they're better than you" at least, but it's generally considered inappropriate around here. Anyone who would literally write that they are better than you (not in sarcasm) or anything else offensive will usually meet a swift end at the mod ban-hammer.

Also, he never claimed to be superior or a part of [del]insert-term-Yahtzee-coined[/del] that whole golden race thingy. If you don't want people arguing with you on this, it's better not to be so quick on the defense.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
Rodrigo Girao said:
Wait, which one has the superior controls again? If you play FPS, RTS, or adventures, a PC's keyboard+mouse combo is better; for all else, a good gamepad (meaning: no Sony DualShit) or arcade stick wins by far. Except if you have a more genre-specific controller, such as a flight stick or a driving wheel.
You can use controllers on PCs :3

Annnnyway, PC is better for most things except couch-based multiplayer lan-type stuff. Which is where a lot of gaming can come from. I'm playing through most of the Crash's on PS1 with my gf and I'm having a hell of a time. But I'm also playing BF3, Skyrim, Minecraft and lots of other games, mods and things on my PC. I would not play them on anything other than a PC. Lots of which you couldn't, seeing as they've been modded to play better, or are using customised servers.