Poll: According to my peers, PC gaming is inferior to consoles.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Tim Mazzola said:
brainslurper said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Sorry.
HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Okay okaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Ha HA.
Ha. Aahh.
Okay, lets see.
Game selection-PC has more, consoles lack RTS and MMO genres entirely.
Control Scheme-Try playing with a 360 controller in a PC multiplayer match, see how much you get owned.
Graphics-My graphics card alone is more powerful then 3 XBoxes combined, and thats just the graphics card.
Distribution-Disks? DISKS? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
In all my life I have never seen anything that even comes close to how pompous and trolly this is.

You are why everyone hates PC gamers.
Explain to me how anything he said is untrue. PCs do have a bigger library and backwards compatibility isn't much of an issue, making the library even bigger.

Control scheme, Shadowrun showed us empirically which one is more advantageous in gaming.

Grahpics, that's not even a debate. You can't even try to debate consoles have better graphics, or hardware. Since you know, you can't update them.

lockeslylcrit

Dec 28, 2008
There's only so much you can cram into a game that utilizes 6 year old hardware. Things like worse-looking textures to save on disk space and hardware memory. Not to mention that an equally-skilled console gamer going up against an equally-skilled PC gamer in a multi-port game (Shadowrun, for example) will lose out to the PC gamer every time due to the precise movement of a mouse.

There are arguments for the console side as well, such as that everyone with a particular console is on equal footing in terms of hardware.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Your statement makes no sense since PC gets a good majority of titles that consoles get. So your friends don't know what they're talking about.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
alimarin said:
This is a direct quote from Facebook:
Bobby your about to get double teamed for saying battle field is gay it looks like a pc game and it doesn't have a story line to it like modern warfare
I did agree to the fact that BF3 didn't have much of a story-line. But since when does it have to have one? Does that take away from the quality of the game? Well, if they have QTE's where you stick a knife into a rat, then yes... But otherwise I don't think it should have too much of a difference whether or not there is a storyline.

On the subject of 'battle field is gay it looks like a pc game'
What do you think he means, and if you agree or not to what this is implying, choose an option in the poll and/or voice your opinion in reply form, fellow Escapists!
Well I don't think you're to blame for this, but that title is quite provocative, if anything, money no issue, PC gaming must be superior in almost all platforms (save for fighting and racing), RPG, FPS, RTS, Simulation, you name it, PC does it better, it will last longer than a console, especially when taken into account upgradability (of which console has none).

I don't know what's wrong with your friend, but I'd tell him to see a Doctor, I mean none of these facts should even be in question.

EzraPound

Jan 26, 2008
alimarin said:
This is a direct quote from Facebook:
Bobby your about to get double teamed for saying battle field is gay it looks like a pc game and it doesn't have a story line to it like modern warfare
I did agree to the fact that BF3 didn't have much of a story-line. But since when does it have to have one? Does that take away from the quality of the game? Well, if they have QTE's where you stick a knife into a rat, then yes... But otherwise I don't think it should have too much of a difference whether or not there is a storyline.

On the subject of 'battle field is gay it looks like a pc game'
What do you think he means, and if you agree or not to what this is implying, choose an option in the poll and/or voice your opinion in reply form, fellow Escapists!
PC gaming is better than console gaming because it offers the potential for better performance, and broadened access to indie games and modding. PC gaming is worse than console gaming because it is more costly, more complex, and has no Japanese games.

It's that simple.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
PC's graphical capabilities are pretty much double the power of a early ps3 now.

It has a superior control layout. Mouse and keyboard is the way forward. And don't try to refute this, because both 360 and ps3 have keyboard and mousepad addons.

PC's have mods. Not really essential... But we freaking have them.

PC is infinitely better for online play, given the service is up to par. But that isn't the fault of the PC gamer.

Everything a 360 and ps3 can do, the PC can do better.

The only thing that I can think of that stumps the PC is the Wii's motion controls. The PC doesn't really specialize in that as far as I'm aware.

So as far as a podium finish, the Wii is closer to reaching the almight 1st place finishing spot that the PC will eternally occupy then the 360 and ps3.

Come at me bro's. You all sound mad.

agentorange98

Aug 30, 2011
Here's the thing, PC gaming requires constant updates to your system such as graphics cards and processors ever 6 months or so and although the PC's can have free modding and better graphics it's not the better system for anyone because of the constant upgrades needed to use those advancements. What I'm saying is with a PC you're not just buying "a PC" you're buying a new PC every 6 months to try and keep up with modern technology, and that's pretty damn expensive and impracticable in my opinion. With consoles you don't get as high graphics or open modding but you only need to buy one for about 5-10 years. no System is better they're both just different

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
Wait so you get upset someone insults your platform of choice and come to a clearly biased in favour of PC gaming website to get vindication that you are correct. This is what leads me to think PC gamers are all condescending jerks who think they know better you.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Rodrigo Girao said:
(meaning: no Sony DualShit)
Oh! So close to having a reasonable and sane post. Then you ruin it by the old "Replace a word with shit in something's name" route.

Oh well. There's always next time.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
PC Games always look better, take it from someone who just built his PC and played a ton a console before. I play a lot of those same games on my PC now and they run smoother, look cleaner, and usually have a better interface (and if not I can still use my DS3). PC is miles ahead and always a better deal due to cheaper games.

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Apples and oranges; it absolutely depends on what you're looking for out of your gaming experience. The PC definitely has more variety to it, what with mods and even some niche genres you won't find on consoles. However, with consoles there is the reliability of always knowing "okay, this game will DEFINITELY work on my system!", which is a bonus.

I like a little of both, personally. But if you are willing to put in the cash for a big-time gaming rig, PC gaming is definitely for you. Otherwise, console gaming is fine. Neither is superior.

Side-note: I know everybody is just using this as a way to find a way to feel superior to the opposite side, so, please, just stop.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Survey says... There fucktards!

Honestly just ignore them. Maybe if we stop acknowledging this console and PC war thing it will eventually go away when people stop listening.

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
The poll implies the glorious PC gaming master race are in fact, superior. ALL HAIL MOUSE AND KEYBOARD

FastLogan2400

Aug 11, 2009
Are people seriously still making this argument? Why can't you enjoy both. I play both PC and console game and there are things one can do that the other can't do as effectively. It's pretty simple like that.

Vankraken

Mar 30, 2010
PC or Console is a matter of choice and preference and has no right answer. What does have a right answer is Mouse and Board vs Controller as different genres and gameplay styles have control methods that work better.

Most Shooters, Strategy, and Simulation games work best with a Mouse and Board setup (remember console shooters typically need aim assist and that is just BAD BAD BAD!) while Action, Fighting, and Platforming games typically work best with a game pad. Sure a fair amount of it is user pref but good luck playing StarCraft 2 on a game pad and Symphony of the Night with a keyboard.

Also comparing BF3's story to MW is like comparing dog shit to cat shit. They are both shit.

Aiedail256

Jan 21, 2011
I'd say the PC has the highest potential as a platform, but that's a completely different topic from actually having the best games (I don't have an opinion on that) or being the most user-friendly (I'm pretty sure PC is the bottom-tier in this department)