Poll: According to my peers, PC gaming is inferior to consoles.

easternflame

Cosmic Rays of Undeadly Fire
Nov 2, 2010
Two different things, with different features, for one purpose, gaming. I think we should really stop wasting energy on this disscussion and move on to others more productive.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
You know what, I'm on the "Who Gives A Fuck" side of this debate.
Can we all just shut the fuck up and enjoy our individual systems as they are, by their own merits instead of stacking them up against everything else just to find an excuse to argue about which is better?

CleverCover said:
Your peers need something else to argue about. Like something that actually matters in life.
Exactly.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Why can't everyone just be like me and like ALL gaming? Why should it matter what you play on if you enjoy it?

OT: LOL PC GAMING. I'm a console girl myself.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Pirakahunter788 said:
Jazoni89 said:
I've got a PC and a PS3, so I can take the moral high ground while you fanboys destroy each other.

I don't prefer either platform, i just like games god dammit!
Looks like you and I are on same page here. Best of both worlds in my opinion. :D
Bitches, please. There's an xbox, PS3, Wii, two gaming rigs and a gaming laptop. Moral high ground, I haz it.

cdstephens

Apr 5, 2010
The reason why people believe that one is superior over the other is so they can validate their own decisions in life. A person who invests in mainly PCs and has no consoles likely wouldn't say that PCs are inferior to consoles. Likewise, a person with a crap computer but an Xbox will likely say his Xbox is better. People seek to validate their choices, and the simplest answer for the brain to choose as to why they bought something is because it was the best choice.

As such, anyone participating in these stupid console wars are well....not so smart.

Fact is, each has their benefits and disadvantages, and it's impossible to say one is better than the other objectively.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Whytewulf said:
I have the joy of having both consule and PC.

I find that consule for me, works better for FPS. PC works better for strategy and MMORPG.
Yeah, those precise controls and speed of the gamepad... oh wait.

Worgen said:
The only thing consoles are better for are racing games and fighting games, and the pc can be better for racing games if it has a wheel.
I can also say that games like Assassin's Creed also play a BIT better on gamepad.

Not consoles. We can use all kinds of controls. They have gamepad, and "motion control", heuheuhuehue.

RhombusHatesYou said:
Danny 6Speed said:
PC gamers expecting everybody to pay $2000 for things to look shiny.
Yeah except that most PC gamers will call you an idiot if you pay that much for a PC, but hey, don't let reality get in your way.
I can probably buy two godlike PCs for $1000 each, or three incredibly good PCs for $2000 total. And by buy I mean build myself.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
I have never understood this war. The only real difference is that a PC is used with a mouse and keyboard (or joystick or gamepad if you prefer) and can have differing system specs. The console is basically a PC that can't be upgraded.

What the hell does it matter?

Surely the PC has the potential to be more powerful and flexible with regards to gaming and, well, just about everything it does. Consoles are static, you can't upgrade it until the big M or S or N says that you can.

I'd love to be able to PC game but I lost the ability to game with a mouse and keyboard years ago and as such have fallen from grace. I'm a console fan now, but only because I don't have to install all my games and pray that they run on my meager system.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
When I first saw this thread, my immediate thoughts were...

But on a serious note, OP - you may wish to use the search bar when posting another Consoles Vs PCs thread. There are a lot of them out there and I don't think anyone's going to mind a bit of thread necromancy.

But getting onto topic for you, I chose Apples and Oranges simply because the two are completely different platforms. As a previous poster had said one's a flash car, the other is a uglier, but more stable car.

While the PC has it's better looking graphics, Steam, cheaper games and mods. It's also saddled with having to undergo hardware updates every few years, incredibly intrusive DRM amongst other things but mostly free DLC and it's community are snotty, unfriendly and cliquey. (From my experience.)

Conoles are the polar opposite, games you can just pop in your drive and away you go, software updates are quick and free, not much in the way of DRM, and it doesn't need any hardware upgrades. However, it gets saddled with more expensive games, DLC is very patchy and overpriced. It's community is also choc full of screaming racist children who deserve to taste the back of their parent's hand for talking like that in public.

But it all comes down to whatever the individual gamer wants. Live and let live, kids. As gamers we shouldn't be bashing each other over the choice in which set of hardware you use, for that just makes us immature.

Vitagen

Apr 25, 2010
First person games tend to be better on PC. Third person shooters tend to be better on PC. And RTS on console? LOL!
HOWEVER: Games like Prince of Persia, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, etc. tend to be better on console.
And the Star Destroyer yanking part on Force Unleashed? Yeah, fucking nightmare on PC.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
You are not part of a Glorious Golden Race.
I hate it when PC gamers think they are better than me.
Until there is no mods on consoles, we, the PC gamers, ARE in superior position. Until there is no adequate strategies on consoles, the PC gamers ARE in superior position. Until there is no possibility to both play and work on consoles, the PC gamers ARE in superior position. There is nothing what consoles CAN do, that PC CAN'T. Deal with it.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Your friends still run Windows 2000 on a toaster don't they... and hell yes PC gaming is better.
(I will only be toting that signpost as long as the steam sales are going on, omnomnomnom)

nsqared

Nov 1, 2011
I answered no, but that also doesn't mean it's superior. Some kids at my school were having this argument the other day.
Consoles are designed to be able to play games. Fact 1. In my experience, you can by any game for a console, pop it in, and play it (not considering HDD space or whatever).
However, PCs are a bit more versatile. They can play games. They can also do a lot more. But because PCs aren't built to play games, they may not always support it. PCs are upgradable, though, and if you have money and time you can make it out-preform a console.
Back to consoles. Consoles have controllers that are designed to play games. Fact 2. PCs have a lot more buttons and stuff, but they aren't designed to play games. That doesn't mean that they can't, and they can do it better than Consoles at times.

TL;DR They're the same. Depends on personal preference. That's what a lot of things come down to.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
nope I,m a PC elitist I whilst my fellow bretherin have to use 6+yo tech and can only play stuff from this generation I can use a machine fit for this decennial and can run anything from the start of gaming up till now.