Poll: "Addicted" to q-tips?

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Hi everyone, what i was wondering is if anyone else has noticed how once you start using q-tips to clean out your ears, you get kinda hooked to it.

I know that sounds really weird and dumb probably, but i am totally serious, once i started using them i've been using them multiple times each day, dont really know why, but i'm guessing its because you get used to the feeling of having absolutely no wax whatsoever in your ears, but i might be wrong.

Anyone else noticed the same thing?

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Whew...and here i thought i was the only person out there obsessed with wax free ears. even though i've herad wax free isn't exactly healthy, or so they say.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
I don't use them, though, whenever I see my Ear-Nose-and-Throat doctor, I always have him clean out my ears... with his pointy needle thing. Much more effective. Much more dangerous.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Da_Schwartz said:
Whew...and here i thought i was the only person out there obsessed with wax free ears. even though i've herad wax free isn't exactly healthy, or so they say.
Yeah...Isn'r wax supposed to be in your ears for a reason? I can hardly imagine that taking it all away is improving anything, except for maybe making yourself feel cleaner.

As for me, I hardly ever use Q-tips. I really should start doing that more actually...

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Yeah, turns out its partly there as a defence mechanism, and people in noisy jobs get more.

hell I have a pack of em in my desk, I'm swivelling one around like I'm trying to start a small fire at least once a day, its a bad habit, but its not crack, I guess.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
ElephantGuts said:
Da_Schwartz said:
Yeah...Isn'r wax supposed to be in your ears for a reason? I can hardly imagine that taking it all away is improving anything, except for maybe making yourself feel cleaner.

As for me, I hardly ever use Q-tips. I really should start doing that more actually...
It's there to keep bacteria and other pathogens from getting to you..

Cleaning them isn't an issue for most people, but some people need to clean it in order to hear properly.. I turn basically deaf if I don't clean them once every couple of months.

I'm not OCD about it though.

Siuss

Nov 3, 2008
Great I have to be the weird one... Once, or sometimes even twice, a day. That's only after vigorously scrubbing the outer, and inner ear with soap and water. I have some kinda weird clean OCD I guess.

CIA

Sep 11, 2008
My ears feel unclean just reading this thread. I think you managed to get me addicted to Q-tips over the internet.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
CIA said:
My ears feel unclean just reading this thread. I think you managed to get me addicted to Q-tips over the internet.
Then our work is done.

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
I'm not addicted to anything; I just don't have and addictive persona-

Oh, crap, I haven't had cornbread in the last ten minutes...I'M GOING TO DIE! I DON'T WANNA DIE LIKE THIS! MOMMY!

Apologies Abou-

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
Only after a shower, I don't get much waxy build-up.

Why does everyone call them Q-tips? We always called them Cotton Buds...

EnzoHonda

Mar 5, 2008
Using Q-Tips to clean the inner ear is not a good idea. It can lead to infections, and anyone who's had an ear infection can tell you how much they suck. But if you have to, be gentle. If you ever get itchy in there, stop immediately.

The best way is to get your doctor to blast the wax out with a big syringe full of water every once in a while. This will get out wax you didn't know you had.

KittywifaMohawk

Aug 17, 2008
I don't rarely use them, but not commonly either.

I would say I probably use them every other weekend.

And you're the first person I've met you has said they're addicted to using Q-tips.