Poll: Addicted to the Escapist ?

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
somewhere between 3 and 6.

i tend to stay on for around half an hour to an hour.

i post less often, maybe on half the occasions i visit, i will flick through and then just leave. i tend to post on around 5 topics per day, maybe more if i feel like talking.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Well I've been bored out of my mind for the past couple weeks and everyone is out of town on vacation. So there's not much to do but sti around on my computer, as such I've been on the escapist way too much.

chefassassin2

Jan 2, 2009
Leesee said:
This is only my 2nd day. Last night i remember signing up at 7 pm and not getting off until 2 in the morning. I got on before I went to work and I got off at work at 3 and guess where I am?
Gotta get my fix lol.
Welcome, welcome! Good to have ye here!

OT- Anytime I'm on the computer, I usually have the Escapist open in at least one tab, and I check what's going on whenever I get a chance. It's been busy at work lately, so I've away more than usual, but I try to check what's happening at least every couple hours while I'm here. At home-never, my computer's jacked, and won't let me log on without throwing a hissy-fit and crashing.

Leesee

Aug 9, 2009
chefassassin2 said:
Leesee said:
This is only my 2nd day. Last night i remember signing up at 7 pm and not getting off until 2 in the morning. I got on before I went to work and I got off at work at 3 and guess where I am?
Gotta get my fix lol.
Welcome, welcome! Good to have ye here!

OT- Anytime I'm on the computer, I usually have the Escapist open in at least one tab, and I check what's going on whenever I get a chance. It's been busy at work lately, so I've away more than usual, but I try to check what's happening at least every couple hours while I'm here. At home-never, my computer's jacked, and won't let me log on without throwing a hissy-fit and crashing.
Thanks for the welcome mate.
This place is awesome

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
grimsprice said:
hours. just. hours upon hours. totally addicted

how can you not be addicted to a website that actually has an awesome community, and not, say, a chatroom full of twats and fanboys.
Seconded! I love this site and its superb community. We can have politics and religion threads without it desolving into "I'm right, you're wrong and your mother was a hamster." And I can make fun of animes and TV shows I don't like, support the ones I do, and still never catch any flak. Plus I get to listen to an angry British man complain hilariously about games that have it coming to them, this site could only be better if it distributed milk and chocolate-chip cookies whenever I went on.

Actually, that last part should be the subject of a new update to the site, make it happen mods.

Leesee

Aug 9, 2009
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Leesee said:
Gotta get my fix lol.
Welcome then!
Didn't see you last night, or I would have welcomed you sooner.
Well thank you

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Leesee said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Leesee said:
Gotta get my fix lol.
Welcome then!
Didn't see you last night, or I would have welcomed you sooner.
Well thank you
Anytime :)
It's a great place.

chefassassin2

Jan 2, 2009
Leesee said:
Thanks for the welcome mate.
This place is awesome
Agreed. I started out watching Zero Punctuation on my breaks between brunch on Sunday and prepping for dinner, and now, good gods, I've barely been to the other sites I used to waste my time with.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
Dancingman said:
grimsprice said:

how can you not be addicted to a website that actually has an awesome community, and not, say, a chatroom full of twats and fanboys.
Seconded! I love this site and its superb community. We can have politics and religion threads without it desolving into "I'm right, you're wrong and your mother was a hamster." And I can make fun of animes and TV shows I don't like, support the ones I do, and still never catch any flak. Plus I get to listen to an angry British man complain hilariously about games that have it coming to them, this site could only be better if it distributed milk and chocolate-chip cookies whenever I went on.

Actually, that last part should be the subject of a new update to the site, make it happen mods.
haha. can't agree more. this community has an unparalleled ability to spot trolls and flamers and apply gratuitous amounts of sarcasm to drowned out their tremulous screaming and put out their flamethrowers. we are. the jedi order.

pompom8volt

May 21, 2009
grimsprice said:

You mean forum and not chatroom, right? Because if there's a chatroom can't believe I have been living my life without it.

I'm on 10+ times a day but unless i feel the need to watch a ton of videos i only stay for 5 minuets to and hour.

Dancingman

Aug 15, 2008
grimsprice said:
Dancingman said:
grimsprice said:

haha. can't agree more. this community has an unparalleled ability to spot trolls and flamers and apply gratuitous amounts of sarcasm to drowned out their tremulous screaming and put out their flamethrowers. we are. the jedi order.
Indeed, and the decent-sized amount of 13 and 14-year olds on the site is a model to gamer kids everywhere.